Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Flyers/Sabres Swap Some Pieces

Sabres and Flyers hooked up for a deal before the regular season starts.

To Buffalo:
Brandon Sutter
Calvin de Haan
Christian Djoos
2018 3rd
$6.0m in cheese

To Philly:
Jeff Petry
Josh Morrissey

With Jagr coming in, Sutter needed to move. Next year, or maybe this year if Matthews makes the jump to the CPHL, Sutter would've been a $5.30 4th line C for us. We had no desire to mirror the real life.
This deal also allowed us to get rid of de Haan as well, which wouldve been a move needed by this time next year anyway.
Not a fan of Petry or the fact that he's a Hab, but he gives us a slight boost over de Haan on the backend, where we need the most help.

We like Morrisey. A lot. He's been getting top line minutes with Buff/Trouba so we hope he does well in Winnipeg and gets a good re-rate for next year, especially at his price.
Djoos is having a decent start with the Caps. This one might come back to bite us.

We paid a lot but given the future salary we shed and the optimism we have around Morrissey, it was a package we were willing to pay.

The Flyers new line up should look something like this.

Benn (79) - Backstrom (79) - Laine (75)
Schenn (75) - Duchene (75) - Radulov (73)
Schwartz (74) - Couturier (73) - Jagr (71)
Perlini (68) - Glendenning (66) - Rieder (70)
Extras: Brown (67)

Petry (71) - Lindholm (70)
Ekholm (70) - - Savard (70)
Dumba (69) - Stetcher (66)
Extras: Morrisey (66) Dotchin (64)

Big thanks to Sportsjunky for being patient on this one. Between having to fly to Kitchener to drive a vehicle back to Calgary, and the election coming up, I've been crazy busy. He reminded today that I sucked at replying to his counter, so we hammered this one out fairly quickly.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

This deal made sense for the Sabres, too. Petry was going to walk in the off season as a UFA so bringing in 26 year old de Haan is a good fit. He’s a downgrade in rating from Petry but not by much. Petry should be a nice addition for JonDuke this season.

Sutter is the guy that started this whole deal. I needed a good face off man who could slot in on the 2nd/3rd line swapping out with Spezza as needed. He’s strong defensively and can take over first unit PK duties from Lowry who is better suited to a smaller role I think.

As for Morrissey, I didn’t want to trade him necessarily but JD coveted him more than I did ha ha. I think he’s going to be a good to great player very soon. Djoos is going to be an interesting player for Washington IRL and I figured I’d take a chance on him.

Throw in the 3rd and cheese and, as I said, it made sense.

Thanks JD for working with me to get this done before the start of the season. Great GM to deal with.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post: