Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #41
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Even a cheap central vac is more powerful.
Nope!

Our central vac system wasn't top of the line but it was a very good one at the time and we don't even use it anymore because of how much better the Dyson is.

Saying even a cheap central vac system is more powerful than a Dyson it just plain wrong and makes you sound like a door to door vacuum salesman.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #42
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Absolutely. You should have put the money towards installing hardwood or tile.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Nope!

Our central vac system wasn't top of the line but it was a very good one at the time and we don't even use it anymore because of how much better the Dyson is.

Saying even a cheap central vac system is more powerful than a Dyson it just plain wrong and makes you sound like a door to door vacuum salesman.
Actually, somehow in the last five years I developed pretty bad allergies. I had to do a lot of homework on the best system to clean my small amount of carpet. Most important thing for me? The vacuum must exhaust outside. No Dyson does that. I also have a fairly high end attachment for carpets. Add in the higher suction power, I am not even sure where the argument is.

Central vac is much cheaper than most people think, and if the home is already 'wired' for it, then go for it.

I also find that Dyson owners are often total fanboys. If you have a look at consumers reports, they usually rank Dyson pretty low and make fun of the owners on occasion. These people spend more on a worse product, then claim their product is the best. You want the best vacuum? Get central.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #44
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I also find that Dyson owners are often total fanboys. If you have a look at consumers reports, they usually rank Dyson pretty low and make fun of the owners on occasion. These people spend more on a worse product, then claim their product is the best. You want the best vacuum? Get central.
This is starting to sound like the living in Airdrie thread.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #45
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I have no stake in the argument, as I have my parents' old vacuum and no carpet right now, but this bit made me chuckle. I would definitely listen to the consumers (aka "fanboys"), themselves, since satisfaction is what matters. When every person with a Dyson says they're happy with it, and it does the job they bought it for, what's to make fun of? They're "fanboys"? It's a VACUUM. They bought it to do a job and think it does a great job. Who gives a #### if testers in a laboratory somewhere think there might be a better one out there? If it does the job they bought it to do, they win!
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #46
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
This is starting to sound like the living in Airdrie thread.
Or perhaps like the Apple thread.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #47
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Or perhaps like the Apple thread.
Dyson killed 800 jobs in the UK by moving the factory to Malaysia in 2002. I wonder how those workers are paid relative to the premium prices of a Dyson vacuum.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #48
Josh
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have a Dyson, despite its ability to pick up fur after my two dogs, I will be setting it on fire today due to the fact that its not a central vacuuming system.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #49
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I have a Dyson, despite its ability to pick up fur after my two dogs, I will be setting it on fire today due to the fact that its not a central vacuuming system.
Video or it didn't happen

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #50
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Maybe the Dyson Owners Club can talk you down:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/77136725691/

They're there for you man.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfraggle View Post
I have no stake in the argument, as I have my parents' old vacuum and no carpet right now, but this bit made me chuckle. I would definitely listen to the consumers (aka "fanboys"), themselves, since satisfaction is what matters. When every person with a Dyson says they're happy with it, and it does the job they bought it for, what's to make fun of? They're "fanboys"? It's a VACUUM. They bought it to do a job and think it does a great job. Who gives a #### if testers in a laboratory somewhere think there might be a better one out there? If it does the job they bought it to do, they win!
Perhaps because the thread is about whether a Dyson vacuum is worth the money? They love their Dysons that they paid top dollar for, regardless of the facts. There you have it.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
If it pulls out the amount of hair those pictures show, worth every penny IMO. For a cat owner anyway, never owned a dog, I don't have one now but we may be getting a cat soon and I am totally getting one of those brushes.
Just ordered one and will report back.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #53
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Perhaps because the thread is about whether a Dyson vacuum is worth the money? They love their Dysons that they paid top dollar for, regardless of the facts. There you have it.
And the answer is a resounding yes from those who have bought them. They love their Dysons because they feel the benefit they receive from the vacuums is greater than the value of the money they paid to get them.
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #54
Josh
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Video or it didn't happen
Umm, my camera is broken because I burned it too???

BTW, I have a furminator too, worth every penny. Even if it isn't a centrally located furminator system.....
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #55
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

don't leave the dyson running on one spot for too long as it may suck the colour out of your rug or carpet.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #56
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

One word, Sebo, German, has a bag, built like a tank for hotel and commercial use best vacuam I have ever used.

afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a new dog owner and current owner of a crappy vacuum, do these go on sale? What price would be a good deal on one of these?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #58
Handsome B. Wonderful
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfraggle View Post
Exactly, it's a well engineered piece of equipment that excels at the job it's designed to do and lives up to the hype.

If you ever have to take one apart, you can see how much thought the designers put in to every single piece it.
Handsome B. Wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #59
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
As a new dog owner and current owner of a crappy vacuum, do these go on sale? What price would be a good deal on one of these?
As far as I can tell, the only Dyson you'll find on sale are the discontinued models. Right now the DC25 and the DC28AN are on sale for $100 off regular price.

The DC25 will be replaced, I believe, by the DC43 (as of right now they have released the DC43AN) and I'm not sure what is replacing the DC28AN other than the just released DC43AN, which is what I just bought.

... P.S. AN = Animal
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #60
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

WE've had a DC24 for a couple of years now, and had no complaints with it. We got it because it is so small, and we don't have a lot of carpet that needs vacuuming. Everything stores right on the unit as well, no accessories to get lost.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote