Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #301
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Agreed re: Brodie.

As to your second point, Gulutzan’s system is some sort of odd chip/rim play to forwards standing around at the red line. I agree there were some boneheaded breakout errors by the fwds last night but I think it’s a ####ty system they have altogether.
That's not his system. That's what they've been doing. His system is for the defence to skate forward, usually not out of the zone, pass to a forward (who is not on the boards) moving forward in transition, who can then make another pass, to another forward. Everyone is supposed to be moving ahead. It hasn't been being executed properly at all.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #302
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're disappointed with Bennett, just do what I do to reassure myself. Watch AC's highlight vids.

Think it's a mental thing with him, but you can't deny the toolbox is there.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:36 PM   #303
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Has anyone given Carolina credit? While I was at the game last night and the two curmudgeons behind me wanted to get rid of everyone I couldn't help but think fans were underestimating Carolina. It's fan tendency to always blame or praise the team you cheer for and ignore the other but I think sometimes you have to look at both teams.

The Flames were off their game for sure last night. Tons of sloppy passes and too many turnovers. But holy Carolina was on fire. It felt like they didn't miss a pass all night. That team was clicking on all cylinders and the Flames couldn't find an answer. Kudos to Carolina, they played a hell of a game!
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #304
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

This team better figure it the #### out already.

If it wasn't for Mike Smith they'd be off to another terrible start points wise.

Not much turn over so there really isn't any excuse to be this pathetic so far.

..and stop taking stupid ####ing penalties you dumbasses
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #305
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Without Tkachuk's penalty that game could've very well went into OT.

So yeah, Matthew did screw up last night, but on the whole he gets a pass cause most nights he makes a net positive impact on the team.

Bennett on the other hand......

Ho boy. Kid has got to start making himself useful, or at the very least not harmful to the team asa-frickin-p.

Not one to usually agree with Francis, but Eric may be right in saying he might not be smart enough to be a top 6/9 center in this league. It's not even really about ability at this point. Backlund makes way smarter decisions throughout games and that's why he's the bonafide 2C.

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-20-2017 at 06:28 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #306
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Has anyone given Carolina credit? While I was at the game last night and the two curmudgeons behind me wanted to get rid of everyone I couldn't help but think fans were underestimating Carolina. It's fan tendency to always blame or praise the team you cheer for and ignore the other but I think sometimes you have to look at both teams.

The Flames were off their game for sure last night. Tons of sloppy passes and too many turnovers. But holy Carolina was on fire. It felt like they didn't miss a pass all night. That team was clicking on all cylinders and the Flames couldn't find an answer. Kudos to Carolina, they played a hell of a game!
For sure.

I give a ####-tonne of credit to Darling. Stellar game. Jagr probably should've had 2 goals and 3 points in the game and Darling was the sole reason he didn't.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:39 AM   #307
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post

People aren’t rightfully giving credit to Carolina which obviously is a much, much better team than previous years, however Calgary played poorly. So, shouldn’t be shocking on a Flames forum that the fan discussion is focusing on the Flames.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote