Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Flames Flames send Czarnik to Stockton on conditioning stint

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/czar...nt/c-312157232
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, I don't want Dubé to come out of the lineup for Czarnik. It will be interesting how they handle this
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #3
Vansmack
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
Honestly, I don't want Dubé to come out of the lineup for Czarnik. It will be interesting how they handle this
Send rieder down.

Last edited by Vansmack; 12-04-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vansmack For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rinaldo and Reider will go down. Once Bennett and Czarnik are back you may see Kylington or Czarnik down (if Cz passes waivers)
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansmack View Post
Send rieder down.
Send Rinaldo down, Rieder to the press box
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #6
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
Rinaldo and Reider will go down. Once Bennett and Czarnik are back you may see Kylington or Czarnik down (if Cz passes waivers)
None of Rieder, Rinaldo or Czarnik put up points, so I might keep Rinaldo in the press box for when we need an extra caveman. Rieder and Czarnik are pretty much the same player. I looked and Rieder cleared waivers Oct. 29, which is more than 30 days ago, so he would have to be waived again right?

It would suck if Dubé got sent down just because he's the easiest to send down. Since other than Lindholm, Tkachuk and Mangiapane, he's the only one scoring right now.

Last edited by Geeoff; 12-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
None of Rieder, Rinaldo or Czarnik put up points, so I might keep Rinaldo in the press box for when we need an extra caveman. Rieder and Czarnik are pretty much the same player. I looked and Rieder cleared waivers Oct. 29, which is more than 30 days ago, so he would have to be waived again right?

It would suck if Dubé got sent down just because he's the easiest to send down. Since other than Lindholm, Tkachuk and Mangiapane, he's the only one scoring right now.
Czarnik was on a 3 game point streak before he got injured. I thought he was doing well capitalizing on his opportunities.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:02 AM   #8
Vansmack
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

If another clubs wants to take Rieder, I doubt anyone would be upset.
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #9
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I think Reiders time got reset to unlimited now because he was sent down once and recalled
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #10
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This approach is kind of interesting. I wonder how much it has to do with the coaches wanting to keep things stable for the line up that has turned things around recently after so much chaos.

It sucks for Czarnik but he really has been out of the line up for a decent stretch and a couple of games would help him get back up to speed. It would be really nice if he could come back and continue producing offensively as he was starting to when he went down to injury.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #11
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Czarnik was on a 3 game point streak before he got injured. I thought he was doing well capitalizing on his opportunities.
I suppose another option would be to send down Jankowski, since he literally has 0 points. His main saving grace is that he plays centre and is decent at faceoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #12
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

When its all said and done (barring trades) I suspect Rinaldo and Rieder will go back down and Frolik takes a seat in the pressbox

Last edited by Toonage; 12-04-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #13
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rinaldo brings energy but he's terrible. We already have Lucic so I just don't see the point of him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #14
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Czarnik was playing some of his best hockey as a Flame before he got injured. He was excellent and is a much better option than much of the bottom-six, imo. I'd be interested to see him with Monahan.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2019, 04:37 PM   #15
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Rinaldo brings energy but he's terrible. We already have Lucic so I just don't see the point of him.
But I hear he has a laser of a shot.
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #16
ToraToraTora
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Nite View Post
But I hear he has a laser of a shot.
Is this proof that faster than light travel is possible?
ToraToraTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #17
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Czarnik was playing some of his best hockey as a Flame before he got injured. He was excellent and is a much better option than much of the bottom-six, imo. I'd be interested to see him with Monahan.
I would agree, he adds to that 4th line in a worse case scenario. Not sure if you could take out both Frolik and Rieder from a pk perspective but i would love to see

Gaudreau. Lindholm. Dubé
Tkachuk. Monahan. Backlund
Lucic. Ryan. Mangiapane
Bennett. Jankowski. Czarnik

I would guess your pk forwards are Lindholm, Backlund, Ryan, Jankowski, Bennett and ??? (You likely want 3 units)
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:20 PM   #18
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'd be interested in seeing Dube or Mangiapane on the PK. they both have the speed to make it work

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #19
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Czarnik, a second assist, a tap in off work in front from Lucic and then a bank in goal of a Florida defender, are the three points.

Value for what it is but he was terrible before that, and sat 4 of the first 12 games, so outside of the rest and perspective, not sure fans should be waiting for him to breakout anymore then Bennett when he comes back.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #20
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Curious to see what Ward does with Czarnik. I thought Czarnik, when given the chance, was putting up some decent points when given the appropriate amount of ice time. I don't think Peters played Czarnik enough.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote