Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #141
slash&burn
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well, he was, 85% of the time or so, either with Aho or Skinner. But he was drafted as a C and there was a lot of talk here that he could centre a line (quite a bit of Tkachuk-Lindholm-Neal talk).
I'd also like to see Lindholm as a full time centre. Monahan is a good centre but debatable as a No. 1, obviously. I do think he's shown some more jam and improvement in his game this season though. It's looking to me like it's Johnny that hasn't been able to enhance his game as of yet.

IMHO, the plan for the team this year should be to trial some players in different roles and not just for one game. It's obvious to me that this group can get to the playoffs but depending on the match-up, they can be beaten. We need to find out who has the playoff potential and who is expendable.

I think when Bennett is healthy the line-up should look like this. Barring any trades I think it could give us the best chance at beating playoff-proven teams that can line-match. Essentially we could have two #1 lines and roll one more depending which is playing better on a particular night.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Mangiapane

Tkachuk - Lindholm - Bennett/Dube
Lucic - Backlund - Frolik/Rieder
Jankowski - Ryan - Rieder/Dube

Just typing those lines out screams to me how much we need a RH scoring forward.

As far as the D goes, maybe some of the injuries have been blessings in disguise. I really thought Kylington was a potential Brodie replacement but it's not looking like it so far. I don't think I would trade Brodie. Unfortunately, with the Valimaki injury this year I don't think we can give up a full-time D in a trade and still compete.

Last edited by slash&burn; 11-28-2019 at 04:47 PM. Reason: bad spacing
slash&burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #142
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Don’t know where else to post this, but what is the timeline for both Czarnik and Valilamki’s return?
Old 11-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #143
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---Hatrick--- View Post
Don’t know where else to post this, but what is the timeline for both Czarnik and Valilamki’s return?
IF Valimaki were to return this year it's closer to the end of the season or playoffs if they make it.

Not sure on Czarnik.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #144
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I'm glad we won but I can't remember the last game where we held a lead the entire game and won by at least two goals. It feels like eons ago.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #145
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I'm glad we won but I can't remember the last game where we held a lead the entire game and won by at least two goals. It feels like eons ago.
New Jersey game? That’s the only game for me this season that I’ve watched and been relaxed about their play the whole game lol.

Also, they only have 6 regulation wins in 28 games
Old 11-29-2019, 10:09 AM   #146
Phaneufenstein
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
Anyone catch the salty little kid at the glass while Lindy was celebrating? Hilarious.

https://imgur.com/Y0Dpvat
Phaneufenstein is offline   Reply With Quote