Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #41
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Looking to grab a 40mm Apple Watch for my nephew. Hope I can find a good deal.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #42
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Looking to grab a 40mm Apple Watch for my nephew. Hope I can find a good deal.
I've seen "$100 off" in a couple places, that's the discount I would expect.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 09:04 AM   #43
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any expectations for flight deals?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #44
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

What about cars? I keep crashing them. Need a new Toyota.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:48 AM   #45
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

My old Dyson stick vacuum is dying, I'd like to get a V11 to replace it but can't justify a $800 price tag. If it came down a couple hundred bucks though I could probably swallow that
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:51 AM   #46
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
My old Dyson stick vacuum is dying, I'd like to get a V11 to replace it but can't justify a $800 price tag. If it came down a couple hundred bucks though I could probably swallow that
I haven't seen the V11 on sale, but the V10 (which I gather is pretty similar) is coming down to 399 from 599 in a lot of places (visions, CT, Best Buy).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #47
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I haven't seen the V11 on sale, but the V10 (which I gather is pretty similar) is coming down to 399 from 599 in a lot of places (visions, CT, Best Buy).

Ya I've seen that, and if there are no V11 sales I'll just go with the V10. But after doing some reason the V11 has a better spinning brush head, slightly better motor, and an LCD screen telling you how much battery you have left which would be nice. Plus reviews state the V11 is easier to empty than the V10, and that's my primary concern as emptying my current V6 is a huge pain in the ass
Old 11-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #48
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bro, I don't think there's any real difference between the two vacuums. I have the v10 and my mother in law has the v11 and they are basically exactly the same except the v11 is heavier and thus worse imo.

We have a dog and low-pile carpeting and hardwood, and the v10 is just as good as our plug in dyson animal.

LCD screen is basically a useless add-on. The v10 has a bar that lights up to let you know the battery life and a manual button to let you know what setting you're on. If those are too difficult to understand, I don't think spelling it out on a screen is going to change much.

v10 is easy to empty into a garbage bin or bag, nothing like the older dysons.

Take the plunge on a sale price v10 and buy yourself something else with the savings.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #49
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The biggest difference I'm aware of is that the V11 has a built-in program to detect what type of floor it's on, and to adjust the power it is using based on that, for extra battery life. But doesn't the V10 come with two brush heads vs 1 for the V11? Because that would be enough for me to prefer the V10.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #50
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The biggest difference I'm aware of is that the V11 has a built-in program to detect what type of floor it's on, and to adjust the power it is using based on that, for extra battery life. But doesn't the V10 come with two brush heads vs 1 for the V11? Because that would be enough for me to prefer the V10.
I think we bought the absolute version which came with all the attachments?

I don't remember. I'm looking at it here hanging on the wall and I have a carpet attachment and a hardwood attachment.

'Sensing the flooring' sounds like a gimmick. The v10 has 3 'speeds'. I vacuum the hardwood on speed 2 and the carpet on speed 3.

Dog sheds massively, no issues.

Holding the wand away from your body means that extra pound is actually a pretty substantial difference. I guess it works out to being 15-20% heavier?

I'm very happy with the v10 for anyone on the fence, and I think i'm a pretty harsh review.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #51
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
For those who are Aeroplan point hogs like myself, they have some great bonus miles deals if you click through the Aeroplan website to... Apple (7x miles), Amazon (5x), Wayfair (7x). Also Lulu and a bunch of other retailers.
I always forget to do this. I don't order online all that often, but seem to always forget to login to use Aeroplan or Airmiles or whatever.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #52
Harju
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
When are Dyson started to die, we called the support line and they sent us a new head unit. That didn't work well either so we sent it back and they sent us a full newer model. No cost and the vacuum was long out of warranty. I guess we just got a nice support person.
Worth a try if you do not want to upgrade and get the same of similar model.
Harju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:41 PM   #53
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

V11 advantages and disadvantages vs V10... I was right, they don't include the "soft brush" with the V11.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #54
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dyson concerns? Buy it from Costco. It will die. You can return it without receipt, even after warranty has expired. They will refund. You can buy new. We are on number three already. It is acting up and still under warranty so we will return it. The first two were way past warranty but Costco still refunded it for us.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #55
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Bro, I don't think there's any real difference between the two vacuums. I have the v10 and my mother in law has the v11 and they are basically exactly the same except the v11 is heavier and thus worse imo.

We have a dog and low-pile carpeting and hardwood, and the v10 is just as good as our plug in dyson animal.

LCD screen is basically a useless add-on. The v10 has a bar that lights up to let you know the battery life and a manual button to let you know what setting you're on. If those are too difficult to understand, I don't think spelling it out on a screen is going to change much.

v10 is easy to empty into a garbage bin or bag, nothing like the older dysons.

Take the plunge on a sale price v10 and buy yourself something else with the savings.

Thanks for that, you sold me. No worries about buying a new vacuum at a $400 price point that will last a long time. My V6 trucked along for 6 or 7 years now and I more than got my money out of it compared to past vacuums. If I get that kind of life out of a V10 then it's totally worth it
Old 11-27-2019, 01:45 PM   #56
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
V11 advantages and disadvantages vs V10... I was right, they don't include the "soft brush" with the V11.
Solid video.

The battery life extension is probably a big factor if you're going to vacuum a house over say, a condo.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:02 PM   #57
OBCT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looking to grab a Breville Smart Oven Air (BOV900) or Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer (BOV860) on sale, but haven't seen anything advertised as of yet.

The best deal I've seen is $480 for the BOV900 at amazon.ca, but I don't think that's even a discounted price.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:29 PM   #58
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any deals on an Oral B toothbrush?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:31 PM   #59
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Any deals on an Oral B toothbrush?

I think Costco had them 30 bucks off. Redflag has the Costco flyer.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #60
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
i am looking for this day to be renamed
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: