Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #41
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

sounds just like you....i remember the first month or two last year and thinking to myself how many goals you score from one timers
Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #42
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Had my first in-game highlight reel last night for a bunch of hits, which made up for my guy's terrible passing skills. A very satisfying, new feature they've added to the game. I'm glad they didn't over do it, and only show them once per game.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last edited by Diemenz; 09-11-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #44
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

PS3 Chatroom
We use this to organize games so if you want to see if anyone's playing all you have to do is check in the chat. If you're online playing NHL but not in the chatroom we'll assume you're playing VS or single player. To join become psn friends with a current member and get an invite(most should have one, GMs will for sure).

Add this to the opening post kip. Also maybe this:

NHL 12 EASHL Club Page

Last edited by Human Torch; 09-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #45
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, after not playing EASHL at all last year, I decided to get back into it for the 2011-2012 season. Joined up with the Fatas again, and definitely enjoyed my first three games back.

A couple things that I noticed

• Game feels a lot better to play online; Previously, I had noticeable input lag. I don't notice this anymore when playing. I'm going to buy a new headset, so hopefully I can tell if chat has been improved soon!
  • Hipchecks are really, really, overpowered. This is the biggest downfall i noticed on playing online; a few people only hipcheck. It's not realistic in the slightest.
  • Positioning, boucnes and shooting feels right. A high percentage shot has a high percentage chance of going in now. Being in the right position makes a big difference, and now it feels great to be able to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie.
We had a couple weak goals against us, but managed to pull out wins in those games. I'm looking forward to playing more when the game comes out on Tuesday!

Also, if anyone has any faceoff tips, please let me know. I understand the system, I'm just terrible at them. I really like playing C, because I enjoy the positioning and being the middle of things, but I really need to get better at faceoffs!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #46
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Has anyone tried the mics yet? Apparently they've been fixed
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #47
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
Well, after not playing EASHL at all last year, I decided to get back into it for the 2011-2012 season. Joined up with the Fatas again, and definitely enjoyed my first three games back.

A couple things that I noticed

• Game feels a lot better to play online; Previously, I had noticeable input lag. I don't notice this anymore when playing. I'm going to buy a new headset, so hopefully I can tell if chat has been improved soon!
  • Hipchecks are really, really, overpowered. This is the biggest downfall i noticed on playing online; a few people only hipcheck. It's not realistic in the slightest.
  • Positioning, boucnes and shooting feels right. A high percentage shot has a high percentage chance of going in now. Being in the right position makes a big difference, and now it feels great to be able to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie.
We had a couple weak goals against us, but managed to pull out wins in those games. I'm looking forward to playing more when the game comes out on Tuesday!

Also, if anyone has any faceoff tips, please let me know. I understand the system, I'm just terrible at them. I really like playing C, because I enjoy the positioning and being the middle of things, but I really need to get better at faceoffs!
not sure for 12, but for 11 when you take faceoffs. move your RS to as close to where you want to end up as possible......so lets say you are right handed and want to win one back to your RD, to do that you need to move your RS from west to south.
move your RS into the SW quadrant as close to south as possible and then it'll cut down the time needed to complete your faceoff move with the stick.

there's also an alternate i found which is for right handed players to go from northwest directly to southeast. it's not very high percentage but against faceoff masters it lets you win some of the draws (the puck will go to LD)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #48
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Had a few great games with StMerc and CalgaryFlame.

G is fun (hopefully it's not too painful for merc and flame to watch me let in so many goals :P)

G card is separated from Fwd.... i can't just level up fwd and then switch to G at superstar/legend level....

i notice some lag when i play G. not sure if it is my attribute, input lag or internet lag... very minor... but it's there.

For NHL 12, i found that rebound goal works very well. (when i play D, i assisted many times when i fire a wirst shoot far side and low. this works OK even when some traffic in front of the net)

Last edited by lanevosky; 09-12-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #49
gilligans_off
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Playstation ID: vinnieous83
Poss: all (C/RW/D best)
Goalie: can but not great at it
Number:13
Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #50
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'm hoping to get my ps3 fixed today, so I may be ready for retail launch tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #51
ramizle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've never done EASHL but I got some skills playing online. My stats lie, I'm not the only one playing on the ps3.

PSN: ramizled
Position: D/ RW
Goalie: Negative
Number: 8

I sent a join request to the club. Thx!

Last edited by ramizle; 09-12-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #52
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'm curious about shooting wide intentionally. The boards were very lively in the demo. It might be an interesting strategy on a manual goalie, and I am certainly skilled at it!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #53
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ah what the hell, sign me up boys.

PSN: koop (maybe there is a number at the end of that I don't know)
Position/number: Don't care
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #54
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Let's do this thang!!

PSN: funkthat81
Position: c/rw
Goalie: Negatory
Number: 77
Old 09-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #55
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
Ah what the hell, sign me up boys.

PSN: koop (maybe there is a number at the end of that I don't know)
Position/number: Don't care
pretty sure your psn is koop06, but i could be mistaken.

i am still thinking about things myself. i honestly might wait and join the team after things have settled down. i always hate the beginning and playing with totally different guys every game. not to mention with 1 dr there ends up being too many peeps and its just sitting around waiting instead of actually enjoying the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #56
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
pretty sure your psn is koop06, but i could be mistaken.

i am still thinking about things myself. i honestly might wait and join the team after things have settled down. i always hate the beginning and playing with totally different guys every game. not to mention with 1 dr there ends up being too many peeps and its just sitting around waiting instead of actually enjoying the game.
Thanks you're right it is koop06. Waiting is probably a good idea, and it's what I was going to do, but somehow I've been sucked back in already.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #57
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I assume our DR will be packed tonight?
I know I will be there and fight for a spot.. (the G spot? hahaha)

See you guys online tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to lanevosky For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #58
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I dunno if I can my ps3 repaired. Stuff is coming at me left and right to deal with.

Darn you, YLOD!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #59
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
Thanks you're right it is koop06. Waiting is probably a good idea, and it's what I was going to do, but somehow I've been sucked back in already.
I don't think it's a good idea. The longer you wait the more higher boosted players you'll run into. During the early release games have been pretty close since everyone's on an even playing field and slow as hell...this will change once the hockey shop opens and everyone gets their legend card.

We should do a scrum tonight...a lot of new people are joining. 5vs5 in otp and 5 in DR if needed.

Last edited by Human Torch; 09-13-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #60
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I read somewhere that legend 1 has same requirement as last year. but legend 3 needs 350 games, 200 win and a-.

I dont think I ever played 350 games... mostly around 200+
Closed Thread

Tags
blinkingricorules , dobblesoutofretirement? , elitetop100herewecome! , send me