Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #41
Monahan23
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAV View Post
Preview? Our full guide has been out for almost a week. PM me your confirmation number and I'll look into it.
I just got it, it's very good. This looks to be the best valued guide out there

Great Job
Monahan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahan23 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #42
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super happy with it
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Posted this over at HF, but figured I'd drop a little thank you note in here too.

We've officially surpassed our previous high in total copies sold with 21 days before the draft. I'd like to thank all those that have picked it up and to those that have recommended it to others!

You all help make us stronger, so we appreciate your patronage.

If you haven't yet, you can get our guide delivered immediately to your inbox after subscribing (CP discount) in the first post of this thread: http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=136993

Thanks again for making FC a part of your 2014 NHL Draft!
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FCAV For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #44
kn
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great publication at a great price. I can't believe ISS is charging $100, especially with the preview they provided.

Last edited by kn; 06-08-2014 at 04:23 PM.
kn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #45
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Buy it every year. Thanks!

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #46
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Glad to see everyone's enjoying! We had a bit of a run yesterday on CP buyers, so that's good to see too!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #47
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

For those looking for a little more and something a little different, we've also got our Newsletter Series available.

We published a monthly newsletter from October to May that features our top-100 ranking each month, tournament recaps and a player spotlight in each. The Newsletter was $2.99 per month, but we've now packaged them together for $5.99 total.

If interested, you can subscribe here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fcs-n...now-available/
Old 06-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #48
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Posted a portion of this on main page, but thought I'd share here as well, for what it's worth.

I have now looked at all the top Draft Guides produced this year with the exception of ISS (really priced themselves out of range this season, imo). I can say that FC is the best value out there and I'll throw a few other comments out while I'm at it.

Style and design wise (which really I take note of; shows pride of the work and a desire to display the work exceptionally well) no other guide is even close. While I can't personally comment on all of the scouts outside of the Dub (although do know some of them), I have met most of the WHL scouts and they are exceptionally knowledgable. FC also takes into consideration reader feedback yr to yr. Well done AV and lads! I also like the draft tracker tool Aaron notes above.

HockeyProspect.com: I know some of the lads from there and they put in the work, no doubt. A little pricier, some of the info I can do without (game reports) and could use some refinement design wise.

Red Line Report: Amateurish design. Do they even have editors?? Some unique and interesting insight and they have experience on their side, but don't seem to evolve as time goes on.
I admit I laughed at the first one-liner I read about a prospect they used a bit of humour on. The second time, I was of the ilk "that was kind of lame". The third one was terrible. As it went on, I thought that this was simply unprofessional how they talk about 17-18 yr old hockey lads. Just doesn't sit well with me. I do know a coupe of the staff there, so they have some good lads working there - the super critical lines are likely from the likes of Kyle Woodlief.

McKeens: have it, but mixed opinions. I've heard plenty of negatives about their director of scouting, so not sure what to think about them as a whole, but again know and like some of their staff.

Bottom Line: I'd recommend FC Hockey's in a heartbeat.
If you want to spend more moolah and get more, it's a bit of a toss up as what I'd advise beyond FC's.

As a compliment to FC Hockey's Guide, you can check out the online guide I compile at THW - link in my sig below.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Old 06-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #49
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks Chris.

Just a cheap bump with the draft a few days away. Now's the perfect time to pick one up!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #50
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks to all those who subscribed! Hope we helped enhance your draft day!

Tags
2014 nhl draft , draft , nhl draft