Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best guess for Tkachuk's contract result
8 @ 7M 10 1.61%
8 @ 8M 41 6.59%
8 @ 9M 21 3.38%
8 @ 10M 8 1.29%
7 @ 7M 21 3.38%
7 @ 8M 61 9.81%
7 @ 9M 19 3.05%
7 @ 10M 3 0.48%
6 @ 6M 4 0.64%
6 @ 7M 48 7.72%
6 @ 8M 126 20.26%
6 @ 9M 27 4.34%
5 @ 6M 3 0.48%
5 @ 7M 56 9.00%
5 @ 8M 66 10.61%
5 @ 9M 10 1.61%
4 @ 5M 1 0.16%
4 @ 6M 4 0.64%
4 @ 7M 19 3.05%
3 @ 4M 2 0.32%
3 @ 5M 4 0.64%
3 @ 6M 46 7.40%
2 @ 4M 3 0.48%
2 @ 5M 15 2.41%
1 @ 4M 1 0.16%
1 @ 5M 3 0.48%
Voters: 622. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #1221
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who knows what's going to happen. Here's hoping that they can come to an agreement that works for both parties.
Maybe a team friendly first year, and significantly higher in yrs 2 and after?
yr1: $6m
yr2:$9m
yr3:$9m
yr4:$9m
yr5:$9m
42m for a 5 yr deal, with maybe a few milestone bonuses included?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #1222
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodw View Post
If you have it handy how does this compare to Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm and Gio?
You have a very bad habit of not being able to recognize and deal with people proving you wrong. It happens over and over again and you always try to change the topic or move the goalposts. What a joke you are
Old 09-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #1223
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Who knows what's going to happen. Here's hoping that they can come to an agreement that works for both parties.
Maybe a team friendly first year, and significantly higher is yrs 2 and after?
yr1: $6m
yr2:$9m
yr3:$9m
yr4:$9m
yr5:$9m
Team friendly first year wouldn't help the cap number at all. Would have to be separate contracts or a "handshake agreement" that next year we would sign him for a higher AAV.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #1224
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
If Tkachuk holds out I wouldn't fault him one bit. The Flames what I suspect are offering 7m max. He is worth more and the Flames have the weak strategy do us a solid we can only can offer 7m because we have to sign Mangi for 800k.

The Flames know damn well Tkachuk is worth 8.5m in this current ridiculous NHL market.
If Tkachuk holds out it's the Flames who have created that situation by not getting Tkachuk done and making the necessary moves to allow that.
All Tkachuk did was exactly what the team wanted play hard, become a leader, put up points and become a very popular young player amongst Flames fans.
If Aho is worth 8.5...Chucky is worth less..how much less??? Somewhere above Timo Meier and somewhere below Aho. This is the $2.5M space they are negotiating in.

You speaking uncertainties dosen't make it anymore true. Also you have disregarded term which is a critical part of this conversation.

6.75 x 3 because he is worth less to the team than Gio and Gaudreau
+8x2 because he is worth less than Aho
+8.5 x2 because there is growth
= 7.61 AAV for 7 years.

I would love to hear the arguement on comparables until Ratannen and Connor sign that makes the above unfair.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #1225
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Tkachuk holds out I wouldn't fault him one bit. The Flames what I suspect are offering 7m max. He is worth more and the Flames have the weak strategy do us a solid we can only can offer 7m because we have to sign Mangi for 800k.

The Flames know damn well Tkachuk is worth 8.5m in this current ridiculous NHL market.
If Tkachuk holds out it's the Flames who have created that situation by not getting Tkachuk done and making the necessary moves to allow that.
All Tkachuk did was exactly what the team wanted play hard, become a leader, put up points and become a very popular young player amongst Flames fans.
You are outraged at the organization for a completely made up scenario.
I have no issue with speculating on what may be the offers on either side - but I find it interesting when people decide that they know what has happened, and then start blaming one side, when in reality we have little to know insight on what has been offered on either side.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #1226
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
You are outraged at the organization for a completely made up scenario.
I have no issue with speculating on what may be the offers on either side - but I find it interesting when people decide that they know what has happened, and then start blaming one side, when in reality we have little to know insight on what has been offered on either side.
I am not assuming I know what the team is thinking or how negotiations are going as a fact. It's my opinion mine alone.
Why is that so hard to grasp that people have various opinions.

Man look in the mirror the Flames have painted themselves in a corner with Tkachuk.They were aware on garbage bag day what the task at hand would be for the offseason.

Said it before and stand by it Tkachuk has done everything they asked and more. Exceeded all expectations now pay the kid what he is worth not what they they have "budgeted".
Old 09-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #1227
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
I am not assuming I know what the team is thinking or how negotiations are going as a fact. It's my opinion mine alone.
Why is that so hard to grasp that people have various opinions.

Man look in the mirror the Flames have painted themselves in a corner with Tkachuk.They were aware on garbage bag day what the task at hand would be for the offseason.

Said it before and stand by it Tkachuk has done everything they asked and more. Exceeded all expectations now pay the kid what he is worth not what they they have "budgeted".
So...whats he "worth"?

And how do you know the Flames havent offered that?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #1228
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

On the most recent episode of 31 Thoughts: The Pocast, Elliotte Friedman indicates that the Flames have already told Tkachuk they acknowledge he will become their highest-paid player, the question is how much higher than Gio/Gaudreau.

That implies no Gio cap in case that was ever in question for anyone.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #1229
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
No doubt. If that was the best Flames were prepared to do, he would have negotiated an offer sheet by now.
Who exactly is writing up an offer sheet for him? Doing it to mess with the Flames?

Trouba demanded to be traded from the Jets. He put in another 3 years after that playing for them at a high level.... because that is the rules in the collective bargaining agreement.

If teams wouldn't mess with the Jets why do you think they would mess with the Flames?
Old 09-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #1230
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just wanted to stop and say: AC I frickin' love you. Nothing like rebuking a stupid argument with video evidence. You are a goddam treasure.

Also, Philly must ####ing hate Tkachuk.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 09-14-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #1231
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I just wanted to stop and say: AC I frickin' love you. Nothing like rebuking a stupid argument with video evidence. You are a goddam treasure.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #1232
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Who exactly is writing up an offer sheet for him? Doing it to mess with the Flames?

Trouba demanded to be traded from the Jets. He put in another 3 years after that playing for them at a high level.... because that is the rules in the collective bargaining agreement.

If teams wouldn't mess with the Jets why do you think they would mess with the Flames?
Uhhh...you dont offer sheet a guy to "mess" with the other team, you make an offer because you want that player at the price you are offering.

Its entirely possible that MT has been offer sheeted but he doesnt want to sign it in case the Flames dont match.

Way way to many in here assuming they know whats been happening....you dont. The only people who know where they are at and what the stumbling blocks are the management team and the player and his group.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #1233
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkflames View Post
If Aho is worth 8.5...Chucky is worth less..how much less??? Somewhere above Timo Meier and somewhere below Aho. This is the $2.5M space they are negotiating in.

You speaking uncertainties dosen't make it anymore true. Also you have disregarded term which is a critical part of this conversation.

6.75 x 3 because he is worth less to the team than Gio and Gaudreau
+8x2 because he is worth less than Aho
+8.5 x2 because there is growth
= 7.61 AAV for 7 years.

I would love to hear the arguement on comparables until Ratannen and Connor sign that makes the above unfair.
The best argument is that he simply won't sign that contract ($7.61M for 7 years).

You start by suggesting that for the next 3 years he shouldn't get more than Gio etc. You may as well end the discussion right there, what they signed for years back is no longer relevant.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #1234
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If the Flames only thought Tkachuk was worth $5 million and weren’t prepared to pay him more than that, then yes he would be offer sheeted or traded. I promise you his agent would have been negotiating with every other team in the league. At minimum, he would never play a game with the Flames again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #1235
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
The best argument is that he simply won't sign that contract ($7.61M for 7 years).

You start by suggesting that for the next 3 years he shouldn't get more than Gio etc. You may as well end the discussion right there, what they signed for years back is no longer relevant.
How do you know that? Are you a reincarnation of gaudreauvertime?? In my opinion Chucky is not worth $8M yet...which is as much an opinion as your bold statements. Clearly the flsmes (and every other team not named Montreal/Toronto/Edmonton) agree, else the deal would be done.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #1236
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino View Post
Not quite sure what you were watching last season but I am pretty sure #19 was on the ice late in games if down by a goal or protecting a lead.
Down a goal I would go along with. Protecting a lead? The 2 seconds/ game on the PK says that he was not trusted in the defense shut-down roll.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #1237
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
So...whats he "worth"?

And how do you know the Flames havent offered that?
Based on the current market 8.5m per 7 years is what "I" think he is worth.
Nobody outside the Flames and Tkachuk's camp know if the Flames have offered him that so anyone is just wrong assuming they have as much as they are to assume they have not.

What do I selfishly as a Flames fan hope he would sign for a home town discount 7m 7 years.

My guess 7.5 average 7yr gets it done.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 09-14-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:01 PM   #1238
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Based on the current market 8.5m per 7 years is what "I" think he is worth.
Nobody outside the Flames and Tkachuk's camp know if the Flames have offered him that so anyone is just wrong assuming they have as much as they are to assume they have not.

What do I selfishly as a Flames fan hope he would sign for a home town discount 7m 7 years.

My guess 7.5 7m gets it done.
What market/. What comparable are you looking at?
Old 09-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #1239
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
What market/. What comparable are you looking at?
Are you even being serious...
Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #1240
18YrOldSamBennett
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Are you even being serious...
I dont see how you think he will sign for a year longer than marner at 3mil less per season.

I want to hear your rationale on this?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 18YrOldSamBennett For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread