Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-19-2022, 06:17 PM   #5621
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I guess we’re not using spoiler tags anymore?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2022, 06:24 PM   #5622
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
We’re enjoying Blindspot.
I thought Blindspot starts out OK, but as with many of these types of shows, it becomes pretty formulaic and predictable (or predictably more and more ridiculous), similar to shows like Criminal Minds, The Black List, and many others in that way. The original premise is neat, but the show seemed to outlast their original planned story line, and struggled to keep it going after that.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sleepingmoose For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 08:58 PM   #5623
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would have been a hell of a mosh pit at Woodstock 99.

Weird they didn’t show rage or Metallica from Saturday night.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:34 PM   #5624
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep breathing:

I had some hope for this show as a nice Farley Mowat level of survival story. Instead we get a story where so far, the survival aspect is the backdrop on which the flashbacks for this light drama unfold.

I'll finish it but I'm losing steam only 3 episodes in.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:09 PM   #5625
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Working my way through Life, Death, & Robots, enjoying most of it, then got to Pop Squad in the second series. Incredible animation, fantastic world building without holding the viewers hand, and utterly depressing. I had to take a break after that one, it's probably the best episode in the series and I'll never watch it again. Gave me Children of Men vibes but somehow even more depressing
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #5626
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone else have Netflix audio cut out constantly. It’s only about a second at a time but happens numerous times in a 45-minute show.

It sometimes happens right at the end of a program for maybe three to four seconds. We usually ignore the show-ending one unless we think the dialogue is important, so if we rewind and replay it often plays the part that had cut out. It’s really annoying.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #5627
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyed the two new episodes of Untold. Both the Mantei Ta'ao story and the AND1 rise and downfall were really good documentaries. The Tim Donaghy one is coming out next week which should really be interesting. Must watches for any sports fan, and definitely one who grew up in those eras. I remember working at the ACC when AND1 was in town and it was huge. Really nostalgic.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #5628
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished Keep breathing. It's fine. Gets lost the last couple episodes. I stand by my previous post about it.
Old 08-29-2022, 08:40 PM   #5629
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched the first two episodes of Mo. Really enjoying it so far. A comedy/drama based on a Muslim/Arab refugee living in America.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:20 PM   #5630
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
I thought Blindspot starts out OK, but as with many of these types of shows, it becomes pretty formulaic and predictable (or predictably more and more ridiculous), similar to shows like Criminal Minds, The Black List, and many others in that way. The original premise is neat, but the show seemed to outlast their original planned story line, and struggled to keep it going after that.

Agreed

I watched it for a few seasons but eventually didn’t have the interest to see it through

Nothing wrong with it, may come back to it, but I think you nailed it here. Also watched a few of the Blacklist, and Criminal Minds and lost momentum
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:38 PM   #5631
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

As expected the Untold episode about the dirty NBA ref was really well done. The NBA and David Stern come across as corporate bums. Makes you wonder what goes on in the NBA where so much money is at stake.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #5632
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I would imagine the NBA is a hell of a lot more rigged than the average fan would believe. I don't trust that league at all.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2022, 11:14 AM   #5633
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

More woe for Netflix.

Quote:
Rachel Williams, a friend of Anna Sorokin’s who ultimately assisted authorities in having her arrested, claims ‘Inventing Anna’ is a “hatchet job”

On Monday the writer Rachel Williams, a former friend of Sorokin’s, filed a lawsuit alleging defamation and false light invasion of privacy by Netflix, according to documents obtained by Deadline, claiming the show’s portrayal of her was a “hatchet job”. The lawsuit was filed by Alex Rufus-Issacs, Williams’s lawyer, in District Court in Delaware, Netflix’s home base.

In the lawsuit, Williams, a former photo editor at Vanity Fair, claims that the show portrayed her in an unflattering light. She alleges that nearly every detail of the character based on her is fabricated.
https://www.theartnewspaper.com/2022...illiams-writer

It'll be interesting to see how this is going to go because my understanding is that her character was based on how she was depicted in the story that she actually wrote...so for it to be 'fabricated' wouldnt she have had to be the one who fabricated it?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 01:07 PM   #5634
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Anyone else have Netflix audio cut out constantly. It’s only about a second at a time but happens numerous times in a 45-minute show.

It sometimes happens right at the end of a program for maybe three to four seconds. We usually ignore the show-ending one unless we think the dialogue is important, so if we rewind and replay it often plays the part that had cut out. It’s really annoying.
Yes I have had this happen on occasion. No idea why, no rhyme or reason to it.

Very annoying. The last time it happened to me was watching the Untold Manti teo episodes and it happened pretty much every few minutes.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2022, 07:57 PM   #5635
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I would imagine the NBA is a hell of a lot more rigged than the average fan would believe. I don't trust that league at all.
NBA comes off as corrupt af
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 01:13 AM   #5636
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Has anybody watched
The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window?

It is an easy watch, pretty entertaining if you like that Scream style satire, less slasher-ish and more Rear Window or Girl on the Train parody with a wee bit of Airplane. It is parody and drama. Fun nonsense in half hour chunks if you like that kind of story and that kind of humour
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 01:06 AM   #5637
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Would have been a hell of a mosh pit at Woodstock 99.

Weird they didn’t show rage or Metallica from Saturday night.
A kid died in the Metallica pit...his mom sued the organizers. Has to be legal reasons they totally kept that out, I mean its a pretty huge part of the story that seems to have been totally swept under the carpet.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:37 AM   #5638
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally watched RRR. Absolutely loved it. The best action movie I've seen in decades. It's 3 hours, but it's worth it and is fun all the way through. It's also powerful. Would probably watch it again even at that length.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:56 PM   #5639
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Finally watched RRR. Absolutely loved it. The best action movie I've seen in decades. It's 3 hours, but it's worth it and is fun all the way through. It's also powerful. Would probably watch it again even at that length.
So I peruse these threads always to look and find shows I wouldn’t pick ordinarily… JohnnyB states a movie “RRR” and my ire goes ballistic. Another poster just posting the initials of a movie which I have no idea what they are talking about, so now I find myself back reading threads to find out what the fata they are talking about.

It’s 1:30 am and my insomnia is in full swing.
I google 3hr movies …nada I google 3 hr movies starting with R… nada
I am really hating JohnnyB at this point.

I decide to take his post literally and google RRR and bingo! I get a hit

Now I have never watched a Bollywood film ever in my life.
This was fantastic, fun campy, visually great,albeit long, however so enjoyable in a totally escapist carnival ride.

Thanks JohnnyB for sending me on this weird but fun journey.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2022, 11:04 PM   #5640
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

RRR is technically not Bollywood, but Tollywood. The difference is the actors speak Telugu instead of Hindi. This bugs me because the Netflix version of RRR is dubbed in Hindi and the voices don't match the actors mouths. This is a minor gripe that I can look past because the movie is fantastic.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote