Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #2001
Guest1

My kid made me start to watch "Haters back off". We binged the first season.It brings up such strong emotions... like wanting to punch the characters because they are so horrible. It's just a really bizarre show. I can't stop watching.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #2002
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
My kid made me start to watch "Haters back off". We binged the first season.It brings up such strong emotions... like wanting to punch the characters because they are so horrible. It's just a really bizarre show. I can't stop watching.
Yeah, it's pretty funny actually. My kids got me watching too. It has a pretty great cast - Steve Little and Angela Kinsey.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #2003
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Yes, it was okay. I would give it a solid “meh”. It is sort of preaching to the choir documentary, and doesn’t offer any really new insights into political lobbying.
I think it paints a pretty solid picture of what part of the problem is(corporate political lobbying), unfortunately the other half of the problem(people not doing anything about it) needs to be addressed before any real change occurs. I thought the documentary was well done, I found it presented all the facts in a very straightforward manner that left very little room for misinterpretation.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #2004
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Noticed “The Religion of Sport” showed up. One of the episodes in the series is all about the Calgary Stampede. Looks like it was from 2016. Pretty interesting. Didn’t know that Calgary was considered so highly, like the “Mt. Everest” of rodeos. I guess I don’t know why I would expect it wouldn’t be so highly thought of, but living here I guess I would hear about others very much. So I thought there might be bigger ones down south in the states.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #2005
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The girl and I started and finished The Last Kingdom this weekend. Not too hard as there are only 2 seasons so far; the third season comes out in late 2018. We've started on Roman Empire: Reign of Blood which appears to be a documentary mini-series mix, about the Emporer Commodus, whose rule was the beginning of Rome's demise. Not sure if I like this docuseries thing.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #2006
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on episode 8 of the punisher so far it has been fantastic
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #2007
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Noticed “The Religion of Sport” showed up. One of the episodes in the series is all about the Calgary Stampede. Looks like it was from 2016. Pretty interesting. Didn’t know that Calgary was considered so highly, like the “Mt. Everest” of rodeos. I guess I don’t know why I would expect it wouldn’t be so highly thought of, but living here I guess I would hear about others very much. So I thought there might be bigger ones down south in the states.
There's a lot of negativity for the Stampede here in Calgary for some reason, that's probably why. There's a whole contingent of locals who try to pretend that it's a silly nothing festival that no one outside Calgary has ever heard of, and they're always very vocal about it.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #2008
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone who knows, is Star Wars: Rebels on canadian netflix?

Can't seem to find a conclusive answer on google
Old 11-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #2009
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post

No, it doesn't appear to be. The Clone Wars movie, Clone Wars series, and the two Disney-produced movies are the only Star Wars properties on there.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #2010
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I noticed today that there is some new Trailer Park Boys stuff. Something to do with them moving to America. I'm going to check it out tonight after the Steelers game.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #2011
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post

It definately used to be.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #2012
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t think Rebels was ever on the Canadian variant of Netflix. Maybe you are thinking of before when we could region switch?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #2013
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Rebel's isn't on netflix because its on Disney Streaming. There's a reason why I still have every episode on my PVR.

IF I feel like TCW, I go to Netflix though.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #2014
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its actually fairly renowned.

I have a few clients who participate in Rodeo events and the Stampede is pretty much one of the top A-List events, the prize money is really good.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #2015
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Shot in the Dark, only watched one episode so far, but I found it really interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7644838/
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #2016
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Shot in the Dark, only watched one episode so far, but I found it really interesting:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7644838/
I can’t recall seeing a live action documentary with such good editing. I had to google it a couple times to confirm it was in fact real. Very well produced.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #2017
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just started Colony on Netflix. Actor Tory Kittles looks like Damon Allen.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0457796/?ref_=tt_cl_t5
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #2018
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Black Mirror has finally announced their long anticipated release date for season 4... Dec 29th.

Trailers for all 6 episodes have been released. Can't wait.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #2019
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

More disappointment from me for the Netflix comedy specials. I watched the Craig Ferguson one - "I'm Here to Help" and it just felt flat. I really wanted to like it, because I loved Craig Ferguson on Drew Carey and on Late Late Show. I dunno. I was hoping for better. Maybe "Tickle Fight" is a better special. Will try tonight.

"Voyeur" was so-so. About Gay Talese's story about a hotel owner who built a secret attic space to watch hotel guests through the vents. It's an interesting story, but the further along it went the more it seemed like an infomercial for the book, since I guess he kind of fumbled the initial book release. Kind of like how I felt about "Searching for Sugarman". Some guy probably bought a storage locker at an auction and found thousands of albums and made a documentary to create interest and sell them. Okay, I am being too cynical.

"Shot in the Dark" was actually really entertaining. I was actually hoping for some more episodes there. Some good insight into that world, if "Nightcrawler" was your thing.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #2020
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not into fictional series' but I really got into Mindhunter. Some of the dialogue is too fast moving to be taken seriously (almost like The Social Network movie), but it is interesting.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote