Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-05-2022, 06:13 PM   #21
stangsgoal35
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Highly recommend ProLift. Ty was able to come out to replace our cables and complete a full tune-up on very short notice. Very reasonable prices and great service!
stangsgoal35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stangsgoal35 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 07:17 PM   #22
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The cold snap did a number on our old garage opener so I contacted ProLift on Friday. Their tech came out to look at it on Saturday and the new opener was installed today.

Couldn't be happier with the service and price.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2022, 03:10 PM   #23
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

CABLES + HINGES + ROLLERS +

Until the end of February we are offering a 15% discount on the replacement of your Garage Door Cables, Hinges and Rollers…

These are easily forgotten but very important pieces of a properly working garage door system… When these fail it is usually mid-cycle causing dramatic damage to your opener, rails and quite often the door itself.

In our climate throw in the addition of road salt and the constant freezing and thawing cables should be changed every 2-3 years…

Shoot me a note here on CP and we will get you set up for a FREE inspection and if needed 15% off of cable, roller and hinge replacement.

Craig

Last edited by BOSSY; 01-22-2022 at 09:05 PM.
BOSSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:21 PM   #24
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Called and left you a message couple weeks ago. Didnt hear back.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2022, 04:21 PM   #25
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Sorry about that Da_Cheif - best way for CP members to reach us is by PM and we will get right back to you… Happy to help if it’s still needed…
The Following User Says Thank You to BOSSY For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2022, 12:33 PM   #26
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Do you have a product (I'm considering even a door replacement) that can address unevenness in the garage floor? I have some slab cracking (old garage) where the high point is in the middle of the door, but at each extreme of the door the gap between the floor and the door is over 1". I'm thinking an oversized bottom seal or something?
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #27
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey Gasman,

An uneven floor is an issue in that until fixed it will always be uneven… That being said doing things like resetting the door limits, new bottom seal on the door and even the combination of a bottom seal on the door and a threshold seal on the floor can often take care of the issue… I’d be happy to have a Tech come by, have a look and go over your options.

Let me know if that works…

Craig
Old 02-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #28
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I needed a small little fix as a roller was off the track. Craig was able to send out a tech right away to get it fixed up.

10/10 would recommend.

Thanks again Craig/Ty!
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:27 PM   #29
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

These guys are great! Highly recommend!
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2022, 06:18 PM   #30
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bump
Old 02-25-2022, 10:21 AM   #31
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've never had a garage door tuneup or anything done. I really don't know whether it's operating fine or not, it seems fine but not sure. How often should the parts of a garage door be looked at?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 11:17 AM   #32
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey Calgary14,

You definitely should have it checked out yearly - even the $29 inspection we are offering, it will identify current and potential issues with the opener, door and tracking systems…Probably 80% of the major repairs we do would be less than $100 if caught early and with just about everything one thing going leads to and causes more damage to the other components.

Even just having the springs lubed and the rollers lubed and swapped out where needed will increase your openers life by years…

Hope that helps and let me know if you want us to pop by for the $29 lube and inspection…

Craig
Old 03-01-2022, 01:23 PM   #33
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSY View Post
Hey Calgary14,

You definitely should have it checked out yearly - even the $29 inspection we are offering, it will identify current and potential issues with the opener, door and tracking systems…Probably 80% of the major repairs we do would be less than $100 if caught early and with just about everything one thing going leads to and causes more damage to the other components.

Even just having the springs lubed and the rollers lubed and swapped out where needed will increase your openers life by years…

Hope that helps and let me know if you want us to pop by for the $29 lube and inspection…

Craig
Sure are you available on Monday?
Old 03-01-2022, 01:34 PM   #34
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We have some openings for sure - PM your info and a couple times that work and we will schedule it…
Old 03-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #35
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Currently someone is actually working at my place right now and I need a roller popped in. I'm not home but my wife texted saying the min charge is $120, this seems to be different with your work estimates? Kinda curious why you say most jobs are under $100 but you have a shop min rate of $120 if work is needed?

Quote:
Hey Calgary14,

Craig
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:23 PM   #36
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This is completely untrue. When he says probably 80% of the major repairs he does costs less than $100. In fact zero percentage of the major repairs he does costs less than $100. If you need any work done other than the base inspection the cost is minimum of $120. I needed one roller put back in the track properly, which I even told Craig before he showed up. The total cost was $126. The total time the tech spent was 30 minutes but they charge the full hour no matter what. I'd guess they spent an additional 10 min on top of the inspection to deal with the roller, assuming an inspection takes 20 minutes?

I'm still baffled how he claims 80% of "major repairs" cost less than $100.

For the first time ever this is a Calgary Puck service I wouldn't recommend. I honestly can't even tell you the average price for garage door repairs but when I company claims one thing and charges something completely different that's just bs advertisement. It should also be noted I will still be paying the full amount but not happy and could never recommend the service.

Quote:
Hey Calgary14,

Craig
Old 03-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #37
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good to know.......not interested in the upsell
Old 03-01-2022, 05:09 PM   #38
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey fleuryisgod,

Just to clarify... The post says "Probably 80% of the major repairs we do would be less than $100 if caught early" it doesn't say "most jobs are under $100"...

As I said I am sorry for the misunderstanding but as I explained the work performed was well above "popping in" a roller and approved before going forward (by the person at the residence).

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Craig
Old 03-01-2022, 05:26 PM   #39
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Okay, I might of read it wrong but can you name a single job you do under $100? Because as you told me on the phone, when I called after the fact to try to get a price explanation, the only thing you do for under $100 is an inspection.

So no matter how minor/major/big/little/when its caught...you don't have a single repair that you do for under $100. And yes I will stick with my "popping in a roller" statement, it was literally under 10 minutes of work.

I'll say that my wife did okay all charges before they did the work, he didn't just do it and then say you owe us more, so some of this is on me. At the same time when a customer tells you before you even show up what the issue is maybe tell them it'll be significantly more than a $29 tune up. Also remove the statement that infers you do jobs for under $100.

I think you need to be more clear on the assumed pricing you are representing on this page.

Quote:
Hey fleuryisgod,

Just to clarify... The post says "Probably 80% of the major repairs we do would be less than $100 if caught early" it doesn't say "most jobs are under $100"...

As I said I am sorry for the misunderstanding but as I explained the work performed was well above "popping in" a roller and approved before going forward (by the person at the residence).

Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Craig
Old 03-03-2022, 09:49 AM   #40
BOSSY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

*** MARCH SPECIAL ***

For the month of March we are offering $50 off of the purchase and installation of a new opener...

PM me to have a tech come out and diagnose your current situation and suggest the best option for your garage at no cost!

Tags
broken spring , garage door , garage door repair , tune up