Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2022, 06:57 PM   #4401
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
I hate to break it to you, but it's not Oilers fans who are supporting this nonsense. Edmonton is pretty solidly NDP territory. It's rural Alberta and Calgary where the UCP has the most support. I think rural Alberta is a lost cause in the next election, so it's up to voters in Calgary to do the right thing and send Smith and the UCP packing. I'm very skeptical that will actually happen.

Edit: in almost all respects, E=NG, but this is the rare exception.
My attempt at humour was not conveyed well. But yes, E=NG and I will continue to believe these morons are all Oilers fans lol.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:59 PM   #4402
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I think that you're over exaggerate what I've said. Hate is a crazy word to use. I said #### talk, which in my experience is as true as it is inconsequential.
You said ####ting on, but fair enough. Hate is too strong a word and it definitely isn't what I meant in the literal sense. I would agree that we are certainly not talking about true hate here.

My point still stands that it isn't something I see or hear very often out here. Way more likely to hear someone griping about Kelowna or Vancouver, lol. Just shows how susceptible we can be to tribalist rivalries.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 08:28 PM   #4403
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...laws-1.6668807

A must read on the extraordinary power the morally bankrupt UCP just granted themselves.

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-29-2022 at 08:32 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 08:37 PM   #4404
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm assuming that Kenney probably does not like Smith and does not see eye to eye with her regarding policy and politics. It wouldn't change any opinions of him but it would be awesome to see him express his honest opinion on what is going on right now.
Even if this is true it's a total failure as all he has done is dilute this news cycle.

#### Kenney and #### Smith.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 08:49 PM   #4405
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Kenney causes this situation. Got elected suspiciously, fired up the populists, wasted billions of money, allowed Smith to take the party, and bailed on Calgarians like a coward before a much-needed election.

Dude is so going to walk away with a nice pension. At our expense.

Good riddance to that rancid bag of protein.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #4406
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

God we live in the dumbest province.. urgh
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #4407
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #4408
Point Blank
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Party of “small government” everyone.
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
The Oilers won't finish 14th in the West forever.

Eventually a couple of expansion teams will be added which will nestle the Oilers into 16th.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:59 PM   #4409
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

A naked power grab. Wholly undemocratic. What a disaster of a bill. They should be tossed from power for such an egregious move.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:05 AM   #4410
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
Love this city and province (well except for Edmonton) but my God does it attract some of the most questionable people out there. Anybody supporting this is a complete moron (I’m guessing Oilers fans). The rest of the country must be shaking their head at us.
I know it's "cool" to hate Edmonton, and go for the cheap E=NG laughs, but since you're basically calling people from Edmonton UCP voting morons, look in the mirror. you might see one there.
It's Calgary's fault the UCP is in power to begin with, and you'll see a lot more UCP voters in Flames jerseys than anything else.

sorry dude. In an Alberta politics thread C=NG. Heck, look at your city council. you have a few winners there, too.

Instead of making Edmonton jokes, spend some time educating everyone you can about what the UCP is doing. help get them out.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 11-30-2022 at 07:08 AM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:08 AM   #4411
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I know it's "cool" to hate Edmonton, and go for the cheap E=NG laughs, but since you're basically calling people from Edmonton UCP voting morons, look in the mirror. you might see one there.
It's Calgary's fault the UCP is in power to begin with, and you'll see a lot more UCP voters in Flames Jerseys than anything else.

sorry dude. In an Alberta politics thread C=NG. Heck, look at your city council. you have a few winners there, too.
In fairness he said "Oilers Fans" not Edmontonians.

But yes, we can all feel disappointed in our fellow citizens when they make boneheaded choices.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:14 AM   #4412
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
In fairness he said "Oilers Fans" not Edmontonians.

But yes, we can all feel disappointed in our fellow citizens when they make boneheaded choices.
he said that, but we know what he meant. The dislike Edmonton gets on the site always goes past sports teams.
he's just trying to get cheap laughs from the hate Edmonton crowd, and sometimes it pisses me off. This is one of those times, as I'm so angry what the UCP is doing.

I'm jittery about it as I don't know if enough people from Calgary are going to be educated on what's going on and do the right thing.

This bill is actually frightening.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:20 AM   #4413
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

The funniest UCP thing about Edmonton right now is Kaycee Madu. Being the only UCP MLA from the city and in his first term, making a complete ass out of himself and showing pure incompetence and malfeasance in his duties, going full Daniellezebub and getting promoted by her, pumping the tires on UCP rule, and all the while Edmonton-Southwest voters hate this guy and are planning to punt him into the sun.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:52 AM   #4414
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

How in the absolute #### can these #######s call themselves Libertarians when they are actively restricting the public's rights to challenge legislation and hold architects accountable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:21 AM   #4415
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
How in the absolute #### can these #######s call themselves Libertarians when they are actively restricting the public's rights to challenge legislation and hold architects accountable?

'Only a select few of us in the government can be trusted to ensure that the wrong select few don't consolidate power.'

The gatekeepers of democracy, so to speak.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:23 AM   #4416
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's just such an obvious grift to pretend you care about a small, transparent, and accountable government and then do literally everything you possibly can to avoid that.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2022, 08:33 AM   #4417
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
It's just such an obvious grift to pretend you care about a small, transparent, and accountable government and then do literally everything you possibly can to avoid that.
Her bringing in the largest cabinet in Alberta history was an early indication of the hypocrisy she espouses. She doesn't have a moral fibre of integrity in her body. How those fools who voted for her didn't see that is beyond me. It's been on full display since at least her floor crossing.

What is even more disappointing is this list of morally bankrupt MLA's who supported this disgusting affront to our democracy.

Fire them all into the sun.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:37 AM   #4418
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Toews isn’t flashy or controversial like Smith. He’s spent his life as a businessman, an accountant and a rancher near Grande Prairie. He’s steady-as-she-goes, solid and reliable, so it’s no surprise that he clashed ferociously with Smith during the leadership race over her controversial flagship policy, the Sovereignty Act. Toews saw it as a recipe for chaos and ridiculed it for disregarding federal law, being unconstitutional and possibly driving away tens of billions in investment.

Toews now says that work, including consultations with constitutional lawyers, is going on to answer his concerns.

“Sleeves are being rolled up and the work is being done. I feel our concerns have been heard and I’m hopeful they can be adequately addressed.”

For the Sovereignty Act to work, it has to be constitutionally compliant, respect the rule of law and be implemented in such a way that it will not create uncertainty and a lack of predictability in our business environment, Toews says. “Those things are all very important to me.”
https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/...s-his-concerns

Toews in October. Clearly any rational human can see the act as presented did not satisfy his concerns, yet this toady voted for it. The UCP as a party has no moral grounds to stand on. They are unfit to govern.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #4419
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

All of them spineless. Looks like Aheer didn't vote for it, good for her (although she was already on the way out from the UCP).

Rebecca Schulz called it the "Anarchy Act". Now she voted for it. What a spineless coward empty of political morals.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 08:49 AM   #4420
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I sent a letter of condemnation to my MLA (who voted "yay" on this abortion), I expect to get 0 reply.

Lmao the Sun is actively removing any post critical of this bull####.

Quote:

Last edited by PsYcNeT; 11-30-2022 at 08:54 AM.