Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2021, 06:36 PM   #61
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ agreed

From my viewpoint, I was disappointed with the Flames on the whole.

I could say I was a bit disappointed that the Oilers made the playoffs, but I got a kick out of how that went
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:21 PM   #62
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im not sure how anyone can say the Oilers had a more disappointing season then the Flames. We got our skulls caved in by Ottawa for peat sake.

Also as much as it was fun watching the Oilers blow a 4-1 lead. Lets not forget we did the exact same thing in 2017 vs the Ducks.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:22 PM   #63
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Im not sure how anyone can say the Oilers had a more disappointing season then the Flames. We got our skulls caved in by Ottawa for peat sake.

Also as much as it was fun watching the Oilers blow a 4-1 lead. Lets not forget we did the exact same thing in 2017 vs the Ducks.
Never go full Fuzz.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:32 PM   #64
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beaten to death but Treliving couldn't dig up out of the decision to keep Ward on after the Dallas loss. He listened to too many in the room on that one.
Short season, and the actual losses and points lost, along with the mental frustration, and a roster the new coach wouldn't have chosen in the offseason, and adds up.

For the nothing it's worth, a 62-65 game seaosn and I think the Flames claw in.

The Oilers had all the stars align. Tippett is a decent coach and only having 6 opponents all season, he could prepare property.
With this loss and the way they lost, the always fragile confidence of the Oilers over the past 20 years, and the assembled supporting cast, there is no way they replicate this next season when things go back to normal.

So, looking ahead, the Flames have nowhere to go but up, and the Oilers, playing only an extra 4 games and having a player averaging 2 points a game this season, have new levels to sink to.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2021, 12:42 AM   #65
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disappointment is where you thought your team was and where it ended up and did it change your level of hope for the future.

So the Oilers regular season met to exceeded expectations and then had the rig hilariously pulled out from under them. But that doesn’t really change your long term outlook of their potential or lack thereof.

The flames on the understand played with no intensity, got the coach fired and though had flashes under Sutter still had terrible efforts. This team was the same as past years so the hope that they will put it together is leaving. So for the flames this season ended the current groups shot at cup in my mind and closed the window without significant changes. So that ending is more disappointing then the Oilers wasting 1 of 8 MxDacid tickets they own.

Now if you already believed the current group was done or haven’t got to that point then your answer may differ. But for me this season ended hope for this group of players
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #66
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Disappointment is where you thought your team was and where it ended up and did it change your level of hope for the future.

So the Oilers regular season met to exceeded expectations and then had the rig hilariously pulled out from under them. But that doesn’t really change your long term outlook of their potential or lack thereof.

The flames on the understand played with no intensity, got the coach fired and though had flashes under Sutter still had terrible efforts. This team was the same as past years so the hope that they will put it together is leaving. So for the flames this season ended the current groups shot at cup in my mind and closed the window without significant changes. So that ending is more disappointing then the Oilers wasting 1 of 8 MxDacid tickets they own.

Now if you already believed the current group was done or haven’t got to that point then your answer may differ. But for me this season ended hope for this group of players

That’s an oilfield joke

Well done
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:57 AM   #67
Newton
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Years from now no one will still be talking about the Flames forgettable season ... but they will remember the Oilers getting swept forever.

Flames are in a much worse position than the oilers but as far as disappointments go, Oilers are much more disappointed. Sportsnet spoke to Oilers fans like there was a fragile mental health crisis on TV.
Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:39 AM   #68
madmike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Flames. Heading in, they looked like they had a roster that should contend.

I think everyone knew the Oilers were a flawed team heading into the season. They had no cap flexibility and next season will be the true test for them.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote