Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #2261
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Don't look now but we are not winning games
Old 08-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #2262
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Don't look now but we are not winning games
Meh, get what you are saying, but for the most part, we deserved the three. Shocked that Brown missed that 85th minute chance, as those were the types of goals and wins that got us the spring season. Nevermind the numerous other chances deep in Pacific territory all second half.
A bit too casual at times on the counter attack coming back and Carducci bailed them out once or twice more than he should’ve had to.

Glad that Brown is back as an option, and Pasquotti and Buscher really are doing well.

All in all, deserved the three points, and if they keep playing that way and taking it to teams like that with wave after wave of pressure and confidence, the results will return.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 09:31 PM   #2263
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like we played pretty solidly tonight. I have no idea what happened on the first goal, but that was a gift to Pacific. Aside from that, this really wasn't close and Cavalry deserved three points. The save that Village made on the header before halftime was basically amazing. That was a bullet of a header and should have been the go-ahead goal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #2264
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

At the end of the day we couldn't get the job done. Should have been an easy win over Pacific.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:16 PM   #2265
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like Waterman tonight (although I’m probably the Waterman cheerleader on here). Strong challenges, nice touch on the ball and keeps it simple with his passing for the most part.

A bit disappointing not to get the 3 points but if they play like that most games the three points will happen. Just can’t give away goals to the opposition. Village made some great saves to keep Pacific in it

Another strong game from both Büscher and Pasquotti.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #2266
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I really like Waterman tonight (although I’m probably the Waterman cheerleader on here). Strong challenges, nice touch on the ball and keeps it simple with his passing for the most part.

A bit disappointing not to get the 3 points but if they play like that most games the three points will happen. Just can’t give away goals to the opposition. Village made some great saves to keep Pacific in it

Another strong game from both Büscher and Pasquotti.
Also, some of these guys are going to start to get tired. As the weather gets colder too, injuries may pop up.

More importantly, these are officially the monotonous dog days of the CPL. We played our 10th league game of the Fall. 10 games was the entire Spring league.

There are still 9 long games to go, however, for the Fall sked. Just get it over with already. The stretch is made worse because mentally for the Cavs, the only results really left to play for don’t really truly matter until the 2 game final in Oct.
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 10:41 PM   #2267
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I'm a big fan of Waterman. He's versatile: can play as a fullback and a midfielder. He's also good with the ball at his feet. I'm impressed with his footwork. He's not afraid to turn with the ball and use his pace.

I don't know what it is, but the team seems to play better and with more authority when Ledgerwood is in the lineup.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mango For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 AM   #2268
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happy to report there were no issues with security! We even started a "thank you security" chant. Heard they were "eye ####ing" us from down below the whole game though. I dunno, I'll consider this a W.

The game on the other hand, just didn't feel like a good effort right from the start. I feel like Cavalry are losing their edge. Malonga just doesn't look happy to be playing in Canada right now. He's putting in very little visible effort and the supporters are starting to turn on him already. I think if Jordan Brown hasn't missed the last few weeks he buries his chance near the end there. I thought Pepple deserved the start over Malonga last night, and going forward I think Brown needs to start over Malonga.

The save by Village on Zator's header was unreal. Had a great view for it. Full credit to Village, that's probably the save of the CPL season.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #2269
AndyM
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
I'm a big fan of Waterman. He's versatile: can play as a fullback and a midfielder. He's also good with the ball at his feet. I'm impressed with his footwork. He's not afraid to turn with the ball and use his pace.

Trinity star! He was a fantastic Spartan. It's nice to see him finding success in Calgary.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyM For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #2270
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Did Camargo play last night?
Old 08-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #2271
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's hitting the tough slog part of the season. They have played quite a few games, and have quite a few left to go, almost all of which are meaningless except for that they are warm ups for the final match up in November.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #2272
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Did Camargo play last night?
Negative. Not on bench either.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #2273
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is an interesting, colour-coded look at Cavalry's form this season:

https://ca.soccerway.com/teams/canad...45786/matches/

That being said, I'm not too worried. Current form matters very little in this split season format for Cavalry, which kind of leaves me feeling a bit mixed for the format itself, especially when it is unbalanced like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #2274
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I don't really get the point of having a split season like this.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #2275
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not the greatest of games that one. Cavs didn't look into it for the a majority of the game, when they did the gulf in class was obvious. Even the atmosphere was a bit meh. Rough game for the defenders, Trafford and Wheeldon both struggled with the ball (espescially Wheeldon on their goal), Mavila dribbled out of bounds a couple times, but Zator was Zator, solid as ever.

Buscher was fantastic, his flick on was perfect on the goal by Minatel. 100% agree with Sherminator about Malonga, he should be dominating this league. Not interested last night. And the ref is an idiot for not allowing that last throw in attempt. You have to read the situation and a deep throw is essentially a corner for the Cavs with Pasquotti.

I read somewhere it was the 5th game between the two teams, they really need more teams or fewer games, just too many times playing the same team really makes the schedule feel watered down.

Couple random notes, Beasley (sp?) needs to knock it off with the NHL style announcing, it just does not work in a football environment. And the Iceland clap is so cringe, I really hope it goes away soon as we get our own good chants.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #2276
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wheeldon, AGAIN, with a stinker.

Jesus, he's awful.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #2277
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Was he the one who handed Victoria their goal? I thought so, but didn't quite get the number.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:04 PM   #2278
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Was he the one who handed Victoria their goal? I thought so, but didn't quite get the number.
Yes
Old 08-29-2019, 08:34 PM   #2279
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Wheeldon, AGAIN, with a stinker.

Jesus, he's awful.
He really is quite poor.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #2280
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Forge is looking quite poor tonight. Down 1-0, should be down 2-0 but there was an incorrect offside call that wiped out a goal. I was cheering for Forge in the previous round but here, nahhh
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge