Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #1581
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I believe there's only $7.5 million in dead cap money it they cut Carr. Considering they;'re virtually guaranteed to be drafting top 5 next year....well that's doesn't matter, Gruden is gonna want Kaepernick or Josh McCown, but the point is the Raiders could move on from Carr pretty easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That's cherry picking as if you watched the game he was under siege every snap as the team was starting rookie tackles on both sides and one with a bum knee. Carr barely had time to dump the ball off let alone look down field.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/201...me-a-weakness/
It's not cherry picking, he's been called King Checkdown for the better part of the last two season. This is who he is, a glorified Eli.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #1582
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
It's not cherry picking, he's been called King Checkdown for the better part of the last two season. This is who he is, a glorified Eli.
It's cherry picking. Two weeks ago Carr completed more 15 yard gains than any team since 2001. The offensive line is in shambles man and also not noted is that Cooper and Roberts were both lost to injury early so kick returner Dwayne Harris was filling in at receiver.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1046761353967353856

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-15-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #1583
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Really given how the young QB's seem to be able to come in and function. I do wonder if teams eventually decide to move on from spending big on QB's to putting free agency money at skill positions and offensive line, and use the draft route on QB's. The model that the Eagles and Rams have just used...time will tell when Wentz and Goff are due for new deals...do they try and get a reasonable number...or do they dare reset?

As soon as one team goes the reset button option, and makes it work within 2 years...everyone will jump on that band wagon. Just need the first team to pull the trigger.

I look at the Giants. They have Barkly, Sheppard, OBJ, and Engram. More than enough talent at those positions. Go get a OL or two thru free agency and get a QB with that high pick. With the right coach by year two, they could be set up to be contending again.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #1584
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Really given how the young QB's seem to be able to come in and function. I do wonder if teams eventually decide to move on from spending big on QB's to putting free agency money at skill positions and offensive line, and use the draft route on QB's. The model that the Eagles and Rams have just used...time will tell when Wentz and Goff are due for new deals...do they try and get a reasonable number...or do they dare reset?

As soon as one team goes the reset button option, and makes it work within 2 years...everyone will jump on that band wagon. Just need the first team to pull the trigger.

I look at the Giants. They have Barkly, Sheppard, OBJ, and Engram. More than enough talent at those positions. Go get a OL or two thru free agency and get a QB with that high pick. With the right coach by year two, they could be set up to be contending again.
Problem is that building your offensive line through free agency is too expensive. The Giants already way over paid to get Solder and he's not making a huge difference. You can argue they need to draft offensive line before QB as putting a rookie in front of that line is a recipe for disaster.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #1585
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I believe there's only $7.5 million in dead cap money it they cut Carr. Considering they;'re virtually guaranteed to be drafting top 5 next year....well that's doesn't matter, Gruden is gonna want Kaepernick or Josh McCown, but the point is the Raiders could move on from Carr pretty easily.
I see that there's an out in the contract after this season with only $7.5M in dead cap money. Still, that would be a pretty ballsy move to cut bait on him after this season. If they legitimately believe he'll never recover from the injury that's one thing, but it would put a big dent in Gruden's rep as a QB whisperer to cut a guy the franchise gave one of the biggest contracts in NFL history to only two years ago. Also, Carr does suck up to Gruden in all his public comments, and Gruden never gives Carr much blame, so you'd think that he's still got plenty of rope.

I think the guy they might trade is Cooper.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #1586
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know, Carr literally crying on the field is a pretty good sign he's broken.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1051559286751473664

Also, no one has ever considered Gruden a QB whisperer, unless said QB is on the wrong side of 35. His track record with young QBs is horrific.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #1587
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Green Bay’s D looking as good as the Titan’s O-Line
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #1588
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Sad news.

Quote:
Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks and the NBA's Portland Trail Blazers, has died from complications of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, his family announced. He was 65.
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...-owner-dies-65
Old 10-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #1589
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I really enjoy Jason Witten doing colour commentary on ESPN's MNF crew. I just think he has great insight into the game.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #1590
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Green Bay’s D looking as good as the Titan’s O-Line
I don't know, at least the Ravens have a very good defense. The Packers are making CJ Beathard look like prime Montana.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:28 PM   #1591
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Saved the Seahawks from moving in 1996. Instrumental in building the stadium and the Seahawks brand. Spared no expense on the team and facilities for it, and no expense spared to bring in all the resources required to turn the franchise around and make it a model franchise. Selfless with his time and money as a noted philanthropist.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #1592
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

This should be McCarthys last year.

He can still coach better than most, but his personnel just isn't where it needs to be.

The lack of good players on defense is all on him at this point, and for that he needs to answer. Probably a good idea for a new voice in that room anyhow.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #1593
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
This should be McCarthys last year.

He can still coach better than most, but his personnel just isn't where it needs to be.

The lack of good players on defense is all on him at this point, and for that he needs to answer. Probably a good idea for a new voice in that room anyhow.
I think he does a good job getting his offense ready to play every week but I think his in-game management and ability to adjust have been noticeably deficient for a while now. Agree that the Packers likely need to move on.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #1594
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Dumb penalty by Sherman, setting up a late chance for the Packers.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #1595
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is surgical by Rodgers.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #1596
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What a game
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #1597
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

LOL....not really deserved but will stave off season end for a few weeks...murderers row of a schedule upcoming after the bye.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #1598
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rodgers has been saving McCarthy's job for a few years now, might as well keep dragging him along. Packers aren't very good, but Rodgers is Rodgers so you know they'll have a wing and a prayer in any game.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:24 PM   #1599
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Paul Allen was a revered figure in the years that I lived in Portland. His efforts to better the Pacific Northwest enriched so many lives. He lived a life. RIP Paul.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #1600
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find it hilarious that Tyreek Hill and his Agent want to charge the fan who poured beer on him in NE...

When this loser beat and choked his Pregnant wife and got off with probation. Perhaps Hill should just keep his mouth shut.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post: