Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default lethal weapon (new thread)

So after Crawford was fired last year and replaced with Sean Williams Scott, who in the first couple of episodes has done a pretty good job.

Now Damon Wayans who sounds like just as much of an A hole as Crawford has quit to (Sean Michaels), go find his smile, he'll finish the first 13 episode and he's out.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4516524/d...lethal-weapon/

While they treated the death of Riggs in a pretty classy manner, here's hoping a villain jams a grenade up Mirtaughs butt and pulls the pin.

Too bad, I actually like the show.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like(d) the show too, and I thought the replacing of Riggs character with Cole was done pretty well considering it's Lethal Weapon- and what is Lethal Weapon without Riggs and Murtough?

I love my cop TV shows, and was especially happy to have such a light-hearted buddy-cop show to be on TV, but with Murtough/Wayans out now, I think it's time to put this one out of it's misery.

The only saving grace could be if Crawford isn't really as much of an a-hole as publicized, and most of the issues were conflicts with Wayans and they can convince him to return- honestly it wouldn't be so tough to write in that he was saved secretly after all. But from all the media I've seen on it, the crew doesn't like either of them.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDVAN View Post
I really like(d) the show too, and I thought the replacing of Riggs character with Cole was done pretty well considering it's Lethal Weapon- and what is Lethal Weapon without Riggs and Murtough?

I love my cop TV shows, and was especially happy to have such a light-hearted buddy-cop show to be on TV, but with Murtough/Wayans out now, I think it's time to put this one out of it's misery.

The only saving grace could be if Crawford isn't really as much of an a-hole as publicized, and most of the issues were conflicts with Wayans and they can convince him to return- honestly it wouldn't be so tough to write in that he was saved secretly after all. But from all the media I've seen on it, the crew doesn't like either of them.

It sounds like Crawford who's very talented was a big part of the problem, but Wayan's was a diva and antagonized Crawford.

I like Sean Williams Scott, and having him as a ex CIA agent who's actually the smarter of the two was a good piece of writing.

I'm betting the other actors in the series are basically saying F that guy, and I doubt that too many movie or TV producers are going to want to take a chance on Wayans.

At this point I'm figuring that this show gets cancelled mid season which is too bad because the writing is quality and the other characters are good, especially after watching episode 2 of Magnum which was terrible and boring.

Maybe they need to bring in a female character and have Riggs having survived but they had to remove the bullet by going through his junk so they transitioned him against his will and renamed him Mary Riggs.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote