Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #1181
TorqueDog
Franchise Player
 
TorqueDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary - Centre West
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I donít think you understand the conversation.
Par for the course with JAGoff.
__________________
-James
GO
FLAMES GO.

How to immensely improve the CalgaryPuck experience, click below:

TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:44 AM   #1182
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Par for the course with JAGoff.
So, stating that 35% of people experience it is not a general average? So, stating that ones personal experience gives one a different perspective than one who has not had the same experience is not understanding? Ikiris brought up something that warrants discussion and everyone is quick to tell him he is wrong. CPMed.com!!!

My original point was that it might be rare and it might or might not apply to Ikiris, but it has been pointed out many times in this forum that "anti-vaxxers" use probabilities and are chided for it, but when others do it, it is the right thing.

Just to be clear, I am not anti-vax! I have made a personal decision on this and will monitor the situation.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:58 AM   #1183
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant
 
PepsiFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
So, stating that 35% of people experience it is not a general average? So, stating that ones personal experience gives one a different perspective than one who has not had the same experience is not understanding? Ikiris brought up something that warrants discussion and everyone is quick to tell him he is wrong. CPMed.com!!!

My original point was that it might be rare and it might or might not apply to Ikiris, but it has been pointed out many times in this forum that "anti-vaxxers" use probabilities and are chided for it, but when others do it, it is the right thing.

Just to be clear, I am not anti-vax! I have made a personal decision on this and will monitor the situation.
Given that's not what was occuring, your original point is nonsense because you don't understand the conversation, and nobody cares if you're anti-vaxx or a flat-earther or why you made whatever decisions you made because you've written enough posts to be judged on them alone, I'd say you can rest easy and stop the attention seeking.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #1184
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Ikaris stated his tinnitus acted up after his second shot. - Fact
Numerous posters stated it was rare and not likely caused by the vaccine. - Fact
GGG posted that 35% of people experience tinnitus in a year. - Fact

My post was that rarity only counts when you agree with it. - Fact
Dumping on the person who disagrees with you. - Fact, not just on this thread but all of them.

I am not attention seeking in any sense. You think that only you can have an opinion and unless it is agreed with then the person is attention seeking. Please note that I did not respond to you, but you to me. So who is seeking attention/fulfillment?

As previously stated. You have shown yourself to be a hypocrite and dishonest and all your replies are viewed through that lens.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 03:13 PM   #1185
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Here's the thing. There is now no way to know for sure if the vaccine did anything to him. Fact.

You now can't just say well the vaccine gave me tinnitus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Looks like you'll need one long before I will. May I suggest deflection king?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 03:31 PM   #1186
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Here's the thing. There is now no way to know for sure if the vaccine did anything to him. Fact.

You now can't just say well the vaccine gave me tinnitus.
I didn't say it did. That is a fact. I said that he mentioned the coincidence and was going to discuss with his Dr and he was being told by the "experts" on here that it wasn't or if it was it didn't matter because it was rare. It matters to the people that get the reactions and those around them.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #1187
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
I didn't say it did. That is a fact. I said that he mentioned the coincidence and was going to discuss with his Dr and he was being told by the "experts" on here that it wasn't or if it was it didn't matter because it was rare. It matters to the people that get the reactions and those around them.
Nope, that never happened.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Looks like you'll need one long before I will. May I suggest deflection king?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #1188
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Nope, that never happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post

I wonder how many now? How many people are like me who didn't think to report this association because there was no way anything could be related to the vaccine itself... I'll definitely be going to my doctor with this. I'm curious if they say, completely not associated as they often do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Sorry that you are one of the "extremely rare" cases. Bad luck you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
"The WHO reported 367 cases of tinnitus and 164 cases of hearing loss among the 11 billion vaccines administered."


You have a better chance of winning Lotto 6/49.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
35% of people have had tinnitus in the past year per statscan.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/.../00001-eng.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Thatís still exceedingly rare. A 0.00041% chance, to put a number on it. And thatís just for tinnitus, which was the most common reported of the terms by far. Even if you say half, or a third, or a tenth of the cases of tinnitus were actually reported, it is still extremely rare.

Then thereís the fact that the majority of cases occurred within 1 day, the rest within 19, and the majority resolved quickly.

So if your tinnitus, which emerged some time after the second dose and still lingers today was in fact related, youíd be experiencing something unimaginably rare. Of course thatís not as compelling as jumping to the conclusion that it must be the cause and your doctor will just brush it off.
Please explain how these didn't happen.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:19 PM   #1189
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

No one said definitely that it was unrelated. Fact. We said the odds are that it wasn't related. Also fact, with it being so rare the odds are more likely that it's unrelated. No one said it didn't matter either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Looks like you'll need one long before I will. May I suggest deflection king?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:29 PM   #1190
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
No one said definitely that it was unrelated. Fact. We said the odds are that it wasn't related. Also fact, with it being so rare the odds are more likely that it's unrelated. No one said it didn't matter either.
True, not explicitly, but very heavily implied.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:35 PM   #1191
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Still never happened the way you say it did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Looks like you'll need one long before I will. May I suggest deflection king?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:44 PM   #1192
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Still never happened the way you say it did.
Hang onto that. Looked at objectively you would see that people were heavily implying it.

All I know about it is what Ikaris posted and having had it in the past know that when it shows up there is typically a reason. Ikaris was wondering why and posited a possibility. The Web Dr's on here quickly tried to debunk it.
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 05:22 PM   #1193
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant
 
PepsiFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
The Web Dr's on here quickly tried to debunk it.
Says the guy who has dedicated an entire thread of his own to doing the same basic analysis of numbers (the only difference being he canít even read a graph, of course).
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #1194
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a guy View Post
Hang onto that. Looked at objectively you would see that people were heavily implying it.

All I know about it is what Ikaris posted and having had it in the past know that when it shows up there is typically a reason. Ikaris was wondering why and posited a possibility. The Web Dr's on here quickly tried to debunk it.
Not debunk. I think I provided appropriate background information for one to evaluate likelihoods. That you read that and immediately assume that information shows that itís unlikely to be vaccine based tinnitus is on you. You drew a conclusion based on data you read. Then you argued against your own conclusion.

I happen to agree with your initial interpretation.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:20 PM   #1195
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Not debunk. I think I provided appropriate background information for one to evaluate likelihoods. That you read that and immediately assume that information shows that itís unlikely to be vaccine based tinnitus is on you. You drew a conclusion based on data you read. Then you argued against your own conclusion.

I happen to agree with your initial interpretation.
Didnít assume it was unlikely at all and didnít say it was. I said it t may or may not be. Kept an open mind!
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #1196
Just a guy
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Says the guy who has dedicated an entire thread of his own to doing the same basic analysis of numbers (the only difference being he canít even read a graph, of course).
Didnít start the thread and responded to people that responded to me. Made a simple mistake and acknowledged it. Have you?
Just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:12 PM   #1197
Izzle
First Line Centre
 
Izzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Exp:
Default

JAG, just go to your own thread man. Stop polluting this thread. No one wants to read your nonsense here. Just leave.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izzle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 10:31 PM   #1198
ikaris
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Still never happened the way you say it did.
Based on the tone of the responses as well as the thanks there was a clear minimization of the issue and a lack of empathy. Honestly it doesnít matter itís just the way people position it within this thread is that the vaccines are 100% safe and thereís no chance of any issues.

The reality is that if youíre a healthy person the risk factor is different when considering what Omicron are to healthy people. There is a reason why only half of Canadians are ďboostedĒ and the needle isnít moving on 5-11 vaccinations.
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 11:30 PM   #1199
GGG
Franchise Player
 
GGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
Based on the tone of the responses as well as the thanks there was a clear minimization of the issue and a lack of empathy. Honestly it doesnít matter itís just the way people position it within this thread is that the vaccines are 100% safe and thereís no chance of any issues.

The reality is that if youíre a healthy person the risk factor is different when considering what Omicron are to healthy people. There is a reason why only half of Canadians are ďboostedĒ and the needle isnít moving on 5-11 vaccinations.
That reason is human beings are poor assessors of low risks.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2022, 12:20 AM   #1200
ikaris
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
That reason is human beings are poor assessors of low risks.
As time has progressed, we learn more about the vaccines. We've learned there is a cardiovascular risk especially for men under 40, especially under 25. Now we're learning about a possible indicator related to hearing loss. If you're a healthy person that falls under that category, and also considering the value of natural immunity, I think it's a valid opinion to consider if the vaccine is appropriate under the current circumstances based on personal health situations.

Again, when the risk of COVID is extremely low for a healthy person with Omicron, these issues should be considered as part of informed consent. When I chose to get vaccinated, the risk of the initial strain, and delta seemed to help justify that decision. Now, absolutely not for me personally. Hence why i would not take a booster based on having COVID in December.

All I'm saying is that mandates don't make any more sense and the let's move on from the federal ones.

Are cases creeping up again? ya, they are; who cares. BA.2 clearly seems even less harmful while more transmissible. I hope we don't see aggressive and nonsense restrictions when we should be focusing on protecting those at risk and move on otherwise.
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Calgary Flames
2022-23




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021