Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #961
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kids first dose this morning, not even sore arms so far.

My six year old yelled "ouch", but not until the needle had been out of his arm for a good 15 seconds.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:13 PM   #962
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got boosted today at a pharmacy. There was a cancellation thankfully. Three Pfizer’s for me.

The guy jabbed me pretty darn good. But no side effects over an hour later so that’s good. Had no side effects for the first two shots except some very localized soreness.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #963
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wife and I got our boosters yesterday afternoon. So far nothing more then sore shoulder for either of us. AZ/ Pfizer/ Pfizer
Old 12-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #964
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

After having my first two appointments cancelled, I managed to snag a slot for this morning and get my third Pfizer jab. Surprisingly non-busy at the London Drugs I was in, a couple ahead of me and one guy behind me, I was ordering Starbucks 15 minutes after my appointment time.

If it’s anything like my second dose, I’ll be sleeping hard tomorrow.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:19 PM   #965
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I got boosted today at a pharmacy. There was a cancellation thankfully. Three Pfizer’s for me.

The guy jabbed me pretty darn good. But no side effects over an hour later so that’s good. Had no side effects for the first two shots except some very localized soreness.

I guess I spoke too soon.

Headache, tired, and some weird tenderness in my nodes particularly the armpit of the arm that was vaccinated. Some swelling too.

I’m reading online that it’s a fairly common side effect but I’m not sure I’ve read about on here.

Anyone else get it?
Old 12-29-2021, 08:45 AM   #966
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Headache, tired, and some weird tenderness in my nodes particularly the armpit of the arm that was vaccinated. Some swelling too.

I’m reading online that it’s a fairly common side effect but I’m not sure I’ve read about on here.

Anyone else get it?
No, but my friend did. She called her doctor and was told it was common and if it went away in a (day or two?) not to worry about it.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 12:43 PM   #967
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boosted!

I'm a fainter and I know to tell them to lay me down and I probably won't faint. I saw some lady turn ghost white as she flagged them down. Such a quick transition from folding chair to zero gravity chair for her. When the person doing my needle got to me I said "I'll be like that if I'm not laying down". She had a moment of internal panic before she realized/remembered they have lounge chairs in the corner.

Me. I did good because I was laying down. I have a minor stress headache and my teeth are sore from gritting them because I worried all morning and last night that I will faint. I'm so much more at ease now.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:57 PM   #968
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I had sore lymph nodes in my neck aftertaste second Pfizer, but nothing with the booster. Went away after a few days.
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 01:50 PM   #969
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Anyone else get it?
yep happened to my wife after dose two and has made a return appearance after her booster- as mentioned - is common
looooob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #970
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

My appointment has been inexplicably cancelled… I used the AHS site. Is there a better way to do this?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 02:43 PM   #971
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
My appointment has been inexplicably cancelled… I used the AHS site. Is there a better way to do this?
was your AHS site booking at a pharmacy? unfortunately these have frequently been cancelled, owing mostly to availability issues

you could try calling and booking- however when we last did this there weren't bookings for quite a while (for specific reasons we needed one earlier)

you could try again through the AHS website but booking specifically at an AHS site (ie Brentwood, Richmond Road etc), assuming you are in Calgary just enter "calgary" under city/search term and if there are AHS site bookings they should pop up near the top of the list (they opened up a whole bunch a few days ago- not sure if they are still any though)

good luck
Old 12-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #972
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah no luck. No appointments available I guess. Really ####ty that can happen and when previously I had gotten a Jan 4 appointment now they’re all into March… I guess I’ll try calling a few places.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:45 PM   #973
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

not that this helps much right how, but suspect there will be other waves of deliveries and so I'm sure you will get there before March- but having been in your shoes til recently in booking various family members I feel your pain

may want to follow AB vax hunter(@ab_vax) if you don't already , as there are often tips on drop ins and etc which are definitely more prevalent for moderna (if you are >30)
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2021, 06:17 PM   #974
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I called a few pharmacies because my appointments from AHS kept getting cancelled. Like 4 times.

I just told the pharmacist I’m traveling (true) and I’d feel more comfortable If I was boosted (true) so if anyone cancels please call.

Got the shot probably 2 days later due to a cancellation.
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2021, 10:16 AM   #975
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

reminder too of the mobile vaccination option ( which carries its own convenience and other issues to be sure), today Country hills library and market mall

https://www.calgary.ca/csps/cema/cov...-program-.html
Old 12-30-2021, 02:32 PM   #976
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

24 hours after booster and my shoulder is sore. I completely forgot that I had frozen shoulder because I'm in the end stages and don't feel pain any so I let them poke that shoulder. So if I lose range of motion I may not be certain if it's Frozen Shoulder, the jab, or frozen shoulder worsened because of the jab!

My 2nd shot I only had a sore arm. My 1st shot ran me down for about 24 hours but not until 3-4 days later.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #977
WinnipegFan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hey CP Brain Trust,

I am trying to find more information on when a 5 year old can get a second shot. I have read two weeks after the first and I have read 2 months. Does anyone have any firm information on this, I have been trying to find some but 811 has been on hold for an eternity. I understand why but need to know when to book my kiddo for his second shot. The sooner the better in my opinion.
WinnipegFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:48 PM   #978
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFan View Post
Hey CP Brain Trust,

I am trying to find more information on when a 5 year old can get a second shot. I have read two weeks after the first and I have read 2 months. Does anyone have any firm information on this, I have been trying to find some but 811 has been on hold for an eternity. I understand why but need to know when to book my kiddo for his second shot. The sooner the better in my opinion.
NACI has recommended 8 weeks, and that is what my paperwork from AHS says for rebooking. But the immunizer in the next stall was telling people if they had a specific need they could get it as soon as 21 days - which is what they're doing with the exact same vaccine in the US.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:49 PM   #979
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFan View Post
Hey CP Brain Trust,

When it was approved, it was announced as a 3 week interval by Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...rs-of-age.html

Quote:
After a thorough and independent scientific review of the evidence, the Department has determined that the benefits of this vaccine for children between 5 and 11 years of age outweigh the risks. Health Canada has authorized a two-dose regimen of 10 micrograms to be administered three weeks apart, which is a lower dose than the 30 micrograms two-dose regimen authorized for people 12 years of age and older.
The province says you should wait 8 weeks: https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx

Quote:
All vaccines approved for children require 2 doses at least 8 weeks apart to be fully protected.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #980
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post

ETA: called 811 and talked with a vax booker - they don't know why the appts keep getting canceled. So she booked them into an AHS clinic - she tried really hard to find an appt for Friday again, but no such luck. Booked for Jan 5th now. She said these ones won't get canceled.
This was a lie. Son & daughter's appointments canceled by AHS at lunch time.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote