Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2022, 09:26 AM   #8321
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be clear, I didn't post that to call anyone on the forum out. I haven't seen anyone on CP I'd call an extreme leftist. I do agree with the effects that Obama pointed out in the video though.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #8322
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting interview with former Republican and Tea Party member, Joe Walsh with a number of his takes including, MTG being the real speaker of the House predicting she will continue to pressure Mcarthy on certain things implying her power behind the scenes, Republicans in the House WILL investigate Hunter Biden but will NOT impeach Joe and less of a prediction but chimes in on DeSantis, saying he knows him well and he doesn't have the charisma and lacks the ability to think on his feet to de-throne Trump.

Last edited by activeStick; 12-18-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #8323
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Interesting interview with former Republican and Tea Party member, Joe Walsh with a number of his takes including, MTG being the real speaker of the House predicting she will continue to pressure Mcarthy on certain things implying her power behind the scenes, Republicans in the House WILL impeach Hunter Biden but not Joe and less of a prediction but chimes in on DeSantis, saying he knows him well and he doesn't have the charisma and lacks the ability to think on his feet to de-throne Trump.
How can Hunter Biden be impeached? Don't you need to hold office for that? Honest question, I don't know the answer.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney Crosby's Hat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 07:59 PM   #8324
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
How can Hunter Biden be impeached? Don't you need to hold office for that? Honest question, I don't know the answer.
My bad, I mistyped. His prediction is they will investigate Hunter Biden and his laptop and then commented later on that he predicts they will NOT impeach Joe Biden.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:09 AM   #8325
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To be clear, I didn't post that to call anyone on the forum out. I haven't seen anyone on CP I'd call an extreme leftist. I do agree with the effects that Obama pointed out in the video though.
My position that anyone who litters should be shot on sight is not extreme enough for you?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 10:50 AM   #8326
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Very accurate assessment of a portion of the left.

Left and right only exists in our heads. Just ask any racist person whose ever gotten an abortion.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:23 AM   #8327
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big talk from a guy that indiscriminately murdered civilians with drones for 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 12:51 PM   #8328
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jan 6 committee has unveiled their criminal referrals against Trump. Four charges.

Quote:
The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol unveiled criminal referrals on Monday targeting former President Trump, recommending that the Department of Justice investigate the ex-president for inciting an insurrection, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make a false statement and obstruction of an official proceeding.

The referrals mark the culmination of the committee’s 18-month probe of the Jan. 6 attack and the role Trump played before, during and after the riot. They are a crescendo in the panel’s central case that Trump was at the center of a conspiracy to keep himself in power.

Investigators on the committee said they decided on criminal referrals against Trump based on sufficient evidence showing that he violated various statutes: inciting, assisting, or aiding and comforting an insurrection; obstructing an official proceeding; conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to make a false statement; and other conspiracy statutes.
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...against-trump/
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:26 PM   #8329
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The left and right being enemies is an illusion, they are both arms on the same monster. The left pushes for more gov't restrictions and control, then the right comes in and cuts out any part of those that actually helps regular people. It's a beautiful system that funnels money from the bottom to the top like crazy.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #8330
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Jan 6 committee has unveiled their criminal referrals against Trump. Four charges.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...against-trump/
did we get him?
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 01:46 PM   #8331
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
did we get him?

I think Dark Brandon will pardon him, just to confuse some people, alienate others and anger everyone. If this were a soap opera , isn’t that what would happen? After all, US politics is more about the drama than governing a country
ah123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #8332
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
The left and right being enemies is an illusion, they are both arms on the same monster. The left pushes for more gov't restrictions and control, then the right comes in and cuts out any part of those that actually helps regular people. It's a beautiful system that funnels money from the bottom to the top like crazy.
And nihilists like you try to convince people that the system is hopelessly broken, so why bother voting? Then the Republicans get power and make things even worse so you can say "told you so!"

I think I hate the "both sides" people even more than the full blown MAGA-tards
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 05:59 PM   #8333
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
And nihilists like you try to convince people that the system is hopelessly broken, so why bother voting? Then the Republicans get power and make things even worse so you can say "told you so!"

I think I hate the "both sides" people even more than the full blown MAGA-tards
"I hate these filthy neutrals Kif. With enemies you know where they stand, but with neutrals, who knows? It sickens me."
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #8334
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The House Ways and Means Committee voted to release six years' worth of Trump's tax returns.

They said that the presidential audit system means the president's tax returns are audited every year as standard practice, but they found no evidence of an audit in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

I don't really like the idea of just releasing them just because.. ideally they'd go over them but there's no time left; it's now or never and I guess they chose now and will let everyone else go through them.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:28 PM   #8335
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah they either had to "leak" or they had to officially release them as they're about to lose control of the House, so like you said, no time left and it's now or never.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:37 PM   #8336
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Unbelievably, Trump's NFT's are already dropping in price:

Quote:
Trump’s digital trading cards, which are minted on Ethereum scaling network Polygon, peaked on Saturday, December 17 with over $3.5 million worth of trading volume, per data from CryptoSlam. Sales price rose even higher on Sunday, with the NFTsselling for an average of just over $680 apiece, although total volume fell to nearly $1.95 million for the day.

On Monday, however, day-over-day trading dropped 57% to about $836,000 worth of ETH, with the average sale price falling to about $466. Today, the cheapest available Trump NFT up for sale on leading marketplace OpenSea is listed at just 0.21 ETH, or about $255.
https://decrypt.co/117663/trump-nfts...s-fall-sharply
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:16 PM   #8337
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

A judge has officially dismissed Kari Lake's accusations of a fraudulent election in Arizona. Don't think she ever expected to win though. My guess is she's been going hard on the messaging of a fraudulent election to get Trump's and MAGA's attention so she is chosen to be Trump's running mate when he announces.

https://ground.news/article/judge-di...y-trial_6fccb3
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2022, 01:44 PM   #8338
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Unbelievably, Trump's NFT's are already dropping in price:

https://decrypt.co/117663/trump-nfts...s-fall-sharply
I always thought these were just a means to launder money to trump without oversite and the rubes buying them just provide cover for the rest of the transactions. Maybe im being conspiratorial but I have trouble believing that many people are that stupid.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:45 PM   #8339
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
A judge has officially dismissed Kari Lake's accusations of a fraudulent election in Arizona. Don't think she ever expected to win though. My guess is she's been going hard on the messaging of a fraudulent election to get Trump's and MAGA's attention so she is chosen to be Trump's running mate when he announces.

https://ground.news/article/judge-di...y-trial_6fccb3
Lake said she's going to appeal the ruling. Look for her to grift more money from her supporters to pay her legal bills.
Old 12-24-2022, 03:31 PM   #8340
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Smart of the Dems to get the last trillion out before the adults take over the house.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1605994327460692004
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote