Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2022, 10:21 AM   #7741
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I'll take that bet.

Younger, less baggage, more effective record in actually governing. Same basic rhetoric and ideology as Trump, but a massive upgrade. Fairly charismatic as well.
This is what makes him so frightening to consider as a president. 4 years of Trump was pretty bad, but it would have been so much worse if he wasn't so stupid and filled his cabinet with absolute muppets. Desantis might actually have a shot of converting the US into Gilead if he wins and gets the house and senate
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 10:57 AM   #7742
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to think there is a realistic chance of Trump running as independent if he loses the nomination to Desantis. I don't see any way of stopping him, and he could probably win enough states to keep anyone from getting 270 EC votes. Then that goes to the weird process where each state's delegation gets one vote and Senate picks the VP from one of the losing candidates. Foreseeably, Trump could have a shot at winning that.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:59 AM   #7743
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it unreasonable to wish that his heart just literally explodes in his chest?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 11:02 AM   #7744
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

If we're doing wishes, I wish DeSantis beats Trump in the primary, Trump runs as an independent and siphons votes from DeSantis. In the meantime, Biden steps aside for someone a little more 'with it'...and the Democrats have the White House with a more progressive President.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Red Slinger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 11:03 AM   #7745
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I have to think there is a realistic chance of Trump running as independent if he loses the nomination to Desantis. I don't see any way of stopping him, and he could probably win enough states to keep anyone from getting 270 EC votes. Then that goes to the weird process where each state's delegation gets one vote and Senate picks the VP from one of the losing candidates. Foreseeably, Trump could have a shot at winning that.
It would shake up the US elections.

I would like to witness it.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:03 AM   #7746
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
He is indestructible, not even Covid could take him out.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:07 AM   #7747
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post

Trump doesn't have a heart. Or a brain. Or courage. He's pretty much the characters in the Wizard of Oz all by himself.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 11:15 AM   #7748
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Don't laugh, I've actually seen some really great interviews with them.
Yep. 60 Minutes Australia is one of the last bastions of the old investigative journalism. They have amazing pieces from all around the world. While American news media has gone down the drain, they've kept it going.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:20 AM   #7749
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
See I think the Dems would take Sates they wouldn't have a prayer in winning otherwise (eg: Texas) because the base that votes R regardless will still vote R. Trump with siphon voted from the GOP, and Dems come up the middle as they aren't losing any votes.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 11:24 AM   #7750
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
I'll take that bet.

Younger, less baggage, more effective record in actually governing. Same basic rhetoric and ideology as Trump, but a massive upgrade. Fairly charismatic as well.
I think DeSantis is creep who taught white revisionist slavery history when he was a lecturer but at least DeSantis didn't avoid military duty with a doctor's note about bone spurs and actually graduated with a real ivy league law degree and deployed to Iraq. If DeSantis runs, he can pull out his Navy JAG uniform, talk about being assigned to the Navy Seals, and run circles around Donald's cowardly history.

I'm not even sure at this point if Trump cares if he wins or loses. The point of this run is to deflect all the legal trouble he is in because as long as he runs for office, he thinks he can say that all the investigations against him are politically motivated against a current candidate.

Regardless, this all only good news for the left as the right is going to be split and divided for some time.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 11-16-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #7751
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder how scorched earth Trump goes if he starts losing primaries. I'm sure he'd start questioning legitimacy of results, attacking Desantis and threatening to or maybe actually running as an independent.

I can totally see him running as a independent. Anything to avoid admitting defeat.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:35 AM   #7752
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Trump's 2024 bid hit with immediate challenge from group behind 'disqualification clause' lawsuits

Quote:
Free Speech For People and Mi Familia Vota are launching a campaign via TrumpIsDisqualified.org to urge secretaries of state and other chief elections officials to bar the former president from running for office under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, known as the disqualification clause.

Enacted after the Civil War, the clause blocks any person from holding federal office who has taken an oath to protect the Constitution -- including a member of Congress -- but who has "engaged in insurrection" against the U.S. or "given aid or comfort" to its "enemies."
Quote:
Nonetheless, both Free Speech For People and Mi Familia Vota insist that Trump's actions surrounding the attack on the Capitol last year require a response like the campaign they are launching.

Héctor Sánchez Barba, the executive director and CEO of Mi Familia Vota, told ABC News that the TrumpIsDisqualified.org campaign aligns with their organization's mission "on the frontlines of protecting democracy and making it a better and more inclusive democracy via civic participation."
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/trumps-202...022600289.html
Old 11-16-2022, 11:39 AM   #7753
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't paid attention to the mid term results since Friday or so but how is it possible that so many seats in California, mostly, still haven't been figured out after more than a week. Some districts are still around 50% or 60% reporting. That seems really unacceptable.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:46 AM   #7754
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
See I think the Dems would take Sates they wouldn't have a prayer in winning otherwise (eg: Texas) because the base that votes R regardless will still vote R. Trump with siphon voted from the GOP, and Dems come up the middle as they aren't losing any votes.
When happens when there is no majority winner in a given state though? I thought I remember that leaves it up to someone in the state to decide who the electoral votes go to.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:57 AM   #7755
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Trump has to be fuming when he heard that Mitch McConnell was reelected as Senate leader despite historic challenge from Scott. He blamed McConnell for why the did so poorly in the primaries.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:11 PM   #7756
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
Trump doesn't have a heart. Or a brain. Or courage. He's pretty much the characters in the Wizard of Oz all by himself.
Then can someone drop a ####ing house on the guy already?
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #7757
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
I can totally see him running as a independent. Anything to keep fundraising from his peoples...
Fixed...
Old 11-16-2022, 12:24 PM   #7758
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I haven't paid attention to the mid term results since Friday or so but how is it possible that so many seats in California, mostly, still haven't been figured out after more than a week. Some districts are still around 50% or 60% reporting. That seems really unacceptable.
That is something I’d like to know as well. What procedures are there in place that justify such delayed reporting?
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:31 PM   #7759
terryclancy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I loved this. Lob a misogynist comment and get your a$$ handed to you.

Aussie’s come off looking weak and cowardice after she was done with him.
It is truly sad that someone could watch that interview and then post such utter nonsense.
terryclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to terryclancy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2022, 12:31 PM   #7760
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
When happens when there is no majority winner in a given state though? I thought I remember that leaves it up to someone in the state to decide who the electoral votes go to.
I thought it was a winner takes all, regardless of a 50%+1 majority. I can't check now but I should be able to in a bit.

I thought the 50%+1 only applied to electoral votes but I suppose it would be up to each individual state. Actually it would be. Not sure if any require a true majority.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote