Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2021, 07:54 PM   #921
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Booked in for Pfizer #3 tomorrow. Quick question…I’m assuming the efficacy is the same as the prior two? You see the increase in risk reduction at 14 days after the shot?
I’ve seen a few different things, some suggesting it’s quicker (5-7 days), others saying it’s 10-12, up to 14 days.

Link: https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...efore-your-jab

Unfortunately, if you use the 14 day metric, it means the large uptick in booster shots this week will kick in… shortly after Christmas and New Years.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 12:40 AM   #922
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I quickly felt worse and worse through the evening after my booster and had a small seizure around 9 pm. Full body pain and high fever continues but both are slowly coming down so I'm staying home for now. I have help here.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 12:51 AM   #923
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I quickly felt worse and worse through the evening after my booster and had a small seizure around 9 pm. Full body pain and high fever continues but both are slowly coming down so I'm staying home for now. I have help here.
Take good care of yourself. Glad to hear help is there.
Old 12-23-2021, 02:16 AM   #924
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

3rd dose of moderna. My clinic recommended a full dose for the booster as it provides better immunization.

It's kicking my ass. Got it at 530 pm, arm pain was quite bad within 2 hours, pretty bad shakes after 4 hours (until I got under a blanket). I'm burning up right now and can't sleep, but the shakes are gone. Hoping that I feel better in the morning.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 08:07 AM   #925
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow is my arm sore. I got my shot yesterday afternoon, the shot itself didn't hurt at all but my arm at the injection site is red, swollen, bruised and sore as hell this morning.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:40 AM   #926
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

My full dose Moderna kicked my ass. I was all kinds of sore in the evening, woke up numerous times through the night and woke up with my heart ####ing pounding. Not fast, just heavy. Felt like I was gonna have an alien chest burster at any moment. Then alternated between overheating and chills from 6-8am or so.

I’m feeling back to normal now though. Other than the sore arm but I got that last time too.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #927
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, some people are getting a full dose of Moderna while others are getting a half dose? Doesn't seem super fair if the full dose is supposed to be better.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #928
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I needed a full dose to be considered fully vaxxed in certain countries. It should be an option for anyone who had an Astra/mRNA mix.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 09:30 AM   #929
Khel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Had an appointment booked for today in 2 hours, just got a text it had been cancelled.

So effing annoying! Now there is nothing till a few weeks in January.
Khel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #930
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khel View Post
Had an appointment booked for today in 2 hours, just got a text it had been cancelled.

So effing annoying! Now there is nothing till a few weeks in January.
Happened to me earlier this week, and hearing about this lots. Seems like AHS / government dropping the ball once again.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #931
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just got boosted with Pfizer. In talking with the pharmacist she said that they are canceling appointments next week as there is no Pfizer shipment.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #932
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Wow is my arm sore. I got my shot yesterday afternoon, the shot itself didn't hurt at all but my arm at the injection site is red, swollen, bruised and sore as hell this morning.
That took about 24 hours to clear for me, 48 hours later and its back to 90%. They weren't lying when I read somewhere that dose 3 is a shock to your immune system.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 10:29 AM   #933
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boosted with Moderna 50mcg. Mentioned that I am on TNF blockers to the pharmacist and he didn’t think it was necessary to do a full 100mcg of Moderna for a booster.

Now Pfizer - Pfizer - Moderna’d. Cancelled my January 3rd at the MRU pharmacy which was going to be another Pfizer.

Last edited by TorqueDog; 12-23-2021 at 10:55 AM.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:33 AM   #934
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Also I don’t know if this is the right spot although those looking for at home tests some pharmacies are getting shipments today at 11.

I’m at a pharmacy at canyon meadows and grabbed two but I think she said they have 4 left.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #935
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Yikes. I'm glad you have someone there to help out. Bit scary.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2021, 03:01 PM   #936
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

My son was booked for his booster today at a pharmacy in the NE. He got there 5 minutes before his appointment and there was a huge line. He waited 45 minutes and the only movement in the line were people who were giving up. He also wasn't dressed for an extended wait outside so he also bailed at the 45 minute mark. The last thing we need is for him to get sick from being outside in the cold.

Was able to snag a spot next week at an AHS site. Hopefully that's better.

I'm not sure which is worse- Minnie's situation where they get cancelled; or having to wait outside for so long that you are forced to give up.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #937
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

both of my kids as well as my sister (booked at 3 separate pharmacies in 2 different cities) were all cancelled at some point today. my sister has a moderna option so is getting back on that horse- my adult kids are both in the Pfizer age window so back to the drawing board
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #938
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
My son was booked for his booster today at a pharmacy in the NE. He got there 5 minutes before his appointment and there was a huge line. He waited 45 minutes and the only movement in the line were people who were giving up. He also wasn't dressed for an extended wait outside so he also bailed at the 45 minute mark. The last thing we need is for him to get sick from being outside in the cold.

Was able to snag a spot next week at an AHS site. Hopefully that's better.

I'm not sure which is worse- Minnie's situation where they get cancelled; or having to wait outside for so long that you are forced to give up.
I waited outside for about 40 minutes yesterday. The line up was huge at the tiny little pharmacy I was booked at. Thankfully the weather was much better than today. I probably would have bailed if it was like today.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:34 PM   #939
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how much is has to do with whether you’ve been to the pharmacy before or not. We were on time for ours and only a couple of people there but it took about 30 minutes for them to enter our info into their system and stuff before we got our shots, at which point it was smooth sailing. It didn’t seem like the best process of having people fill out extra paperwork at the pharmarcy that AHS already has or could have been transmitted along when the appointment was made online.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #940
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Officially triple Pfizer’d. It was a complete cluster at our small town pharmacy. Sounds like they have no clue when they will get their next Pfizer shipments, so will be cancelling appointments next week.
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote