Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #21
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Atleast the Flames have there first pick and Mr Jack Hughes is suppose to be a game changing player.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #22
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

it won't matter if they can score 20 goals a game if they let in 21
Old 10-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #23
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Common denominator: Jordan Sigalet.

How this guy has survived what is probably over half a dozen goalies that plateaued or declined while in a flames jersey is beyond me.
I'm actually quite interested to see how many failed goaltenders this organization can burn through before someone in management starts looking in his direction. It's really starting to look like Treliving may and up being ultimately fired because of goaltending and the fact the he did everything possible by bringing in new goaltenders on a regular basis but never tried to change things up with a different goaltender coach. We are getting a little into bizarre territory here as most teams would have fired the goaltender coach a season or two ago getting these results on nearly every goaltender that gets brought in.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #24
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Once again fans with their miracle xray vision.

Question some processes and staff, sure. But to seriously post here about a guy whose person and job you know LITERALLY nothing about is a joke. And to post it in a way where you're absolutely sure it's him?

This is unreadable.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:33 PM   #25
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
Once again fans with their miracle xray vision.

Question some processes and staff, sure. But to seriously post here about a guy whose person and job you know LITERALLY nothing about is a joke. And to post it in a way where you're absolutely sure it's him?

This is unreadable.
Treliving has gutted his coaching staff twice now, including an Adams winner, yet this guy remains somehow.

It's ridiculous actually.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank MetaMusil For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:37 PM   #26
kurwamac
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I bet Neal loves that they're down 9-1. Now he knows that there's a better chance he'll get paired with Gaudreau-Monahan. I didn't believe him when he said he came here to win, but I did believe him when he kept saying how he wanted to play with Gaudreau - much of Neal's career has been about clicking with top talent.
kurwamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #27
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm actually quite interested to see how many failed goaltenders this organization can burn through before someone in management starts looking in his direction. It's really starting to look like Treliving may and up being ultimately fired because of goaltending and the fact the he did everything possible by bringing in new goaltenders on a regular basis but never tried to change things up with a different goaltender coach. We are getting a little into bizarre territory here as most teams would have fired the goaltender coach a season or two ago getting these results on nearly every goaltender that gets brought in.
Do you think maybe we should get some good goaltenders first before blaming Sigalet? All of Tre's goaltending moves have been for aging average to below average keepers. What goaltending coach is supposed to turn hiller/ramo/johnson/elliott/smith/lack into anything other than what they are? Can't polish a turd.
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #28
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
Do you think maybe we should get some good goaltenders first before blaming Sigalet? All of Tre's goaltending moves have been for aging average to below average keepers. What goaltending coach is supposed to turn hiller/ramo/johnson/elliott/smith/lack into anything other than what they are? Can't polish a turd.
So you are basically stating what I just said has been happening. You are implying he should get himself fired without looking at Sigalet. Maybe his moves haven't been good enough but if he doesn't at least try a new goaltender coach before he gets fired I would say he's not as smart as he's been getting credit for in these parts.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #29
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would have lots of money to go after a goalie if we had not signed Neal or Ryan.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #30
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurwamac View Post
I bet Neal loves that they're down 9-1. Now he knows that there's a better chance he'll get paired with Gaudreau-Monahan. I didn't believe him when he said he came here to win, but I did believe him when he kept saying how he wanted to play with Gaudreau - much of Neal's career has been about clicking with top talent.

These guys are professionals, while they have ups and downs, they play a team game. Being on the top line is probably the last thing on Neal's mind.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:52 PM   #31
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Treliving has gutted his coaching staff twice now, including an Adams winner, yet this guy remains somehow.

Wouldn’t that give some indication that we don’t really know what the position actually entails?

I don’t know, I’m just spitballing, but what do you really know about it? It seems like an obvious change to make to me, but I know I really have no idea what impact the guy has or is supposed to have.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #32
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neal will be fine. Of all the players im concerned about he's pretty low on the list

Smith on the other hand, I'm not so sure any more

Last edited by btimbit; 10-26-2018 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 10:01 PM   #33
kurwamac
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
These guys are professionals, while they have ups and downs, they play a team game. Being on the top line is probably the last thing on Neal's mind.

I'm not questioning his professionalism. Every team has internal competition and politics where guys want to move up the line up. Given what he said about playing with Johnny when he signed, I'm just betting from his perspective he's more optimistic about being put on the top line.
kurwamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #34
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems horrible goaltending has cursed Peters in most seasons in Carolina. Coincidence?
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #35
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
I'm just happy we have our 1st rounder this year. Going to soften the blow as this team cant win with bottom 10 goaltending and defense.
We still have it. For now.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #36
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
It seems horrible goaltending has cursed Peters in most seasons in Carolina. Coincidence?
What's even dumber is Eddie Lack predates Peters as a Flame.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:33 PM   #37
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Oh, I know. On the thread title, is Peters the new Gulutzan?
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #38
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of you guys have a very warped perception of what James Neal is. This is who he is. Take the expectations down a notch. Next Brouwer? Not even close.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #39
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post

You think the goalie coach somehow has magical staying power when everyone else doesn't?

Maybe that should tell you that he's doing a good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Yes.

Wait a minute, so now it's the coach's fault? Why do we need to randomly blame people with zero facts?

If online forums were coaching it would be like that time twitch played pokemon. WHY HAVEN'T WE MADE A CHANGE IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES?!

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.

Last edited by TheSutterDynasty; 10-25-2018 at 10:40 PM.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #40
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
You think the goalie coach somehow has magical staying power when everyone else doesn't?

Maybe that should tell you that he's doing a good job

Yes.

Wait a minute, so now it's the coach's fault? Why do we need to randomly blame people with zero facts?

If online forums were coaching it would be like that time twitch played pokemon. WHY HAVEN'T WE MADE A CHANGE IN THE LAST 5 MINUTES?!
The only basis we all have for critiquing the goalie coach is the goalies previous stats and their stats under Sigalet. Not a complete picture by any stretch, but there is a strong correlation of decline under him.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote