Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #641
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
Why is changing your tune once you get into government seen as a bad thing?

I think that once a party gets into power, and starts understanding what they can and can't do, and who they are affecting, implementation of policies are far more centrist. We saw this with Harper (closed the book on abortion) and Trudeau ("approved" a pipeline) federally, and of course Notley provincially.

I definitely would expect Kenney to move towards the center on his policies, but his rhetoric is so toxic that it bothers me on a personal level. I wouldn't see the change in policy as a bad thing though.

The only guy that hasn't really compromised is Trump. Everyone expected him to act "presidential" and act responsibly for all the citizens of the USA once he became president, but he has basically doubled down on his childish persona.
It isnt. And that was never my point.

She changed her tune, but far, far too late.

I've mentioned this many times, over the past year or so I have been thoroughly impressed with Notley's competence and abilities to fight for this Province, the sad part is that she used those abilities to fight against us for so long that by the time she realized that she was tying her own noose it was already around her neck.

Notley is an intelligent and capable individual who allowed herself to be blinded by her ideology until it was too late so, unfortunately thats a major negative.

And again, did she really change her tune? Or did she realize that without compromise she'd be out on the street?

I'm thinking more the latter than the former.

We're staring at Jason Kenney likely being our new Premier despite the fact that I dont think most of us really want that but Notley screwed up so hard that he hardly even needs a platform.

Its not the UCP winning, its just everyone else 'losing more.'

And they wholeheartedly brought it on themselves.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #642
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Health Minister Sarah Hoffman has known for more than two years that some Covenant Health patients seeking an assisted death have been treated in ways that ethics and legal experts say are inhumane and infringe on patients' rights.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ient-1.4902011

Hoffman said the government "respects the right of health-care professionals to conscientiously object" to facilitating assisted deaths. She did not mention why her government decided the right to conscientiously object extends to publicly funded health-care institutions.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #643
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Union guy dude, don't bother.
So if in your opinion union guy=not worth talking to, in your opinion should the government ignore the unions that are currently lobbying the government to get pipeline projects approved? Are pipelines bad because unions support them? Asking for a friend...
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #644
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Health Minister Sarah Hoffman has known for more than two years that some Covenant Health patients seeking an assisted death have been treated in ways that ethics and legal experts say are inhumane and infringe on patients' rights.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ient-1.4902011

Hoffman said the government "respects the right of health-care professionals to conscientiously object" to facilitating assisted deaths. She did not mention why her government decided the right to conscientiously object extends to publicly funded health-care institutions.
Should be entertaining to watch NDP hating religious people deal with this scenario.

White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 11-13-2018, 04:17 PM   #645
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #646
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 04:23 PM   #647
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I love how if you go to the website it gives you no information other than a blanket statement that you can prosper and you need to give your contact information to do it.

Almost like a 419 scam.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #648
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I love how if you go to the website it gives you no information other than a blanket statement that you can prosper and you need to give your contact information to do it.

Almost like a 419 scam.
Have you heard the radio ads lately?

“I don’t have a bus stop near my house! Lower my taxes so I never get one!”
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #649
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

More political parties than prairies have gophers!

Quote:
A party founded by former members of the Wildrose Party unhappy with the merger with the Progressive Conservatives have received official recognition by Elections Alberta.

"Albertans have clearly indicated that they want another party on the ballot in the spring 2019 election," leader Marilyn Burns said in a news release. "Our message and platform resonated with people all over Alberta as they signed the petition and wished us luck."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...arty-1.4904184
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #650
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh, and these are OTHER unhappy ex-Wildrosers, not the Derek Fildenbrand ones...
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 06:29 PM   #651
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Oh, and these are OTHER unhappy ex-Wildrosers, not the Derek Fildenbrand ones...

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 06:38 PM   #652
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Have you heard the radio ads lately?

“I don’t have a bus stop near my house! Lower my taxes so I never get one!”
Those radio ads are embarrassing to listen to. I can hardly tell if they’re serious or meant to be a (funny?) caricature of dumb Albertans.

“Get rid of the carbon tax! And TRUDEAU while you’re at it!”

Alright, it’s an ad to support the UCP in a provincial election. Kenney isn’t getting rid of Trudeau ya dummies.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #653
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have fun while you can fellas. You all know what's coming and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't love the UCP for for the betterment of the province the NDP has to go and they will.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #654
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

One thing the NDP could do to get a huge boost and carve into that conservative support base is indicate:

A) promise that royalties will not be “reviewed” and eliminate any investor risk here over term if elected again and

B) indicate you’ll put additional resources into the AER to maintain the highest regulatory standards in the world but also streamline processes and reviews, etc.

They have to change something about 6-9 month lead times to acquiring surface access. If they do I suspect they get a lot of industry support.

And I actually think these are easy things to give. Also fire Joe Ceci and replace with new finance minister. If they do these things they’ll do some damage next election I bet.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #655
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Those radio ads are embarrassing to listen to. I can hardly tell if they’re serious or meant to be a (funny?) caricature of dumb Albertans.

“Get rid of the carbon tax! And TRUDEAU while you’re at it!”

Alright, it’s an ad to support the UCP in a provincial election. Kenney isn’t getting rid of Trudeau ya dummies.
I laugh when I hear those ads. It's an insult to the intelligence of Albertans.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #656
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
One thing the NDP could do to get a huge boost and carve into that conservative support base is indicate:

A) promise that royalties will not be “reviewed” and eliminate any investor risk here over term if elected again and

B) indicate you’ll put additional resources into the AER to maintain the highest regulatory standards in the world but also streamline processes and reviews, etc.

They have to change something about 6-9 month lead times to acquiring surface access. If they do I suspect they get a lot of industry support.

And I actually think these are easy things to give. Also fire Joe Ceci and replace with new finance minister. If they do these things they’ll do some damage next election I bet.
Stop the never ending fear mongering in an attempt to demonise the UCP. Run on your record and let Albertans know what you are going to do for us in the future.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #657
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Those radio ads are terrible and embarrassing.

Once the NDP are defeated I'd love to see Notley join the Liberals federally or something, she's way better than being a regular out of office dipper. Way better than the NDP in general.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #658
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Have fun while you can fellas. You all know what's coming and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't love the UCP for for the betterment of the province the NDP has to go and they will.
Looking forward to the UCP's silver bullet plan to get everything back on track and turning the clocks back to double meat mid-2000s!
Old 11-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #659
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Looking forward to the UCP's silver bullet plan to get everything back on track and turning the clocks back to double meat mid-2000s!

The economy will come roaring back when farmers don't need to extend basic safety standards to waged, non-family workers when on-site anymore and other pinko labour code additions are finally reversed.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #660
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
The economy will come roaring back when farmers don't need to extend basic safety standards to waged, non-family workers when on-site anymore and other pinko labour code additions are finally reversed.
Is that what it was? I thought the carbon tax was single handedly destroying this province and its economy. They can boot the carbon tax, get rid of the NDP, and get rid of Trudeau while you're at it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: