Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 09-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #321
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Where are you getting those numbers? They are much too high.
I think he means combined.
So for instance there is a 50-65% chance that the team that wins the cup is from that top group
That's how I read it anyways
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #322
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I think he means combined.
So for instance there is a 50-65% chance that the team that wins the cup is from that top group
That's how I read it anyways
Oh I see. Think you might be right. Well that is one way to look at it. A group from which the champion is likely to come, a group of possibilities and a group with no chance.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #323
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
But .500 isn't really .500 with OT wins.

What was the Sharks record vs. the Flames?

I never said it was .500 hockey.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:54 AM   #324
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
Karlsson is like 6 months older than Hedman.
Hedman is already signed to a long term contract. Karlsson is a rental.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #325
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

TSN is reporting that Karlsson hasn’t talked with the Sens Management since Nov 2017 when they asked for his no trade list. I’m not sure how it’s done normally, but that seems bizarre. Especially in context of him losing his child and the Hoffman situation, a lot happened last year and you’ve got to imagine that most employers would have contacted their star employees in those types of situations. Regardless of how negotiations typically are through agents. That is just insane if true.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #326
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
TSN is reporting that Karlsson hasn’t talked with the Sens Management since Nov 2017 when they asked for his no trade list. I’m not sure how it’s done normally, but that seems bizarre. Especially in context of him losing his child and the Hoffman situation, a lot happened last year and you’ve got to imagine that most employers would have contacted their star employees in those types of situations. Regardless of how negotiations typically are through agents. That is just insane if true.
The question is who's choice was that? Karlsson's or Dorion's? If it's Karlsson, it's clear that he made up his mind he was leaving and management could do little to change that. If it's Dorion, then it further proves how inept he is, but nobody could be that terrible at their job, could they?

*checks to see tenure of Garth Snow as GM of the Islanders*

Yup, I guess so.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #327
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

So apparently the Sharks cannot sign him to a max contract *8 years) until after the trade deadline due to an obscure rule in the CBA. He can sign for less but if he or the team wants a max term contract they cannot do one right now.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1609462
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #328
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
So apparently the Sharks cannot sign him to a max contract *8 years) until after the trade deadline due to an obscure rule in the CBA. He can sign for less but if he or the team wants a max term contract they cannot do one right now.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1609462
I don't think its that obscure.

Its the same reason why several people jumped on that often posted Twitter rumour liar when he claimed: "I’m told it could be done as of this weekend, hearing 8 years $47M...$5.875M AAV was reported by a few people close to the #Flames. https://t.co/x18eJUHV7O"

Hanifin wasn't eligible for an 8 year contact.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #329
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I don't think its that obscure.

Its the same reason why several people jumped on that often posted Twitter rumour liar when he claimed: "I’m told it could be done as of this weekend, hearing 8 years $47M...$5.875M AAV was reported by a few people close to the #Flames. https://t.co/x18eJUHV7O"

Hanifin wasn't eligible for an 8 year contact.
Yeah, not very obscure. It's brought up just about every time a contract is discussed.

It's the new "two-way contract"
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #330
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post

Probably a little half truth here in there. If someone loses a child, there's a guarantee upper management will make a call to offer condolences - especially to their star player. Melnyk I could see as being aloof. Dorion, doubtful. Now regarding the contract, if he shut the door in their face and said no, there's little reason to talk contract so there's little reason to talk with him. The baby situation though? Not a chance.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote