Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2021, 06:15 PM   #21
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
This will be huge for Calgary's film scene and should provide a case study that can help put us in the consideration set for even more big budget productions.
Until the new gun regs come in at least.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:20 PM   #22
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

that's pretty cool to hear actually...

Loved the first game, early in the second and am really enjoying it so far...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 06:21 PM   #23
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
By all accounts this is going to be a mega-budget production, not your run of the mill zombie thriller. HBO's betting a lot on the Last of Us brand to pull in viewers but they're going to invest to back that up. GoT is probably a better comparable than TWD.

This will be huge for Calgary's film scene and should provide a case study that can help put us in the consideration set for even more big budget productions.
Of course it is. HBO generally doesnt screw around.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:03 AM   #24
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those asking about casting, they have started casting for Bill, Frank and David for episode 1 which starts shooting July 5th.

I dont know the characters at all, but they are looking for ACTRA people, so these would be guest star/recurring roles.

Haven't put the call out for background yet but we'll probably start seeing some of those in the coming weeks/months.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2021, 04:22 PM   #25
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that's concerning... It makes zero sense that any of those characters would be in episode 1. I'm surprised David is even in season 1.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #26
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Well that's concerning... It makes zero sense that any of those characters would be in episode 1. I'm surprised David is even in season 1.
Sorry, I think I read it wrong.

I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know when characters may make an appearance.

Spoiler!

They are also looking for a contortionist if anyone on CP is qualified. LOL!
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #27
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post

I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know when characters may make an appearance.

Spoiler!

*Cracks Knuckles and Polishes Resume*

I got this!

"You cant even sit cross-legged...."

Gimme a minute!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:18 PM   #28
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!

That makes a lot more sense. David was something like 80-90% of the way through the game. Assuming it's mostly the same as the game, I'd think episode one would cover
Spoiler!
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #29
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even that is way, way too much for one episode.

Spoiler!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #30
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For those asking about casting, they have started casting for Bill, Frank and David for episode 1 which starts shooting July 5th.

I dont know the characters at all, but they are looking for ACTRA people, so these would be guest star/recurring roles.

Haven't put the call out for background yet but we'll probably start seeing some of those in the coming weeks/months.
I momentarily considered checking out IATSE, to see if I should try to get into this industry (as I assume the crews are going to be getting bigger in Alberta to fill the demand). I'm currently looking for a job, and am willing to do anything that won't kill me. I have Set Safety and Protocol from a Lifetime movie I did a bit of Office PA work for about 12 years ago. I'm not sure if those things ever expire.

I also see images as myself as Kramer the "Ball Man", being too old for whatever task I might be given to do.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #31
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Even that is way, way too much for one episode.

Spoiler!
The game itself is only 15ish hours long if you cruise through it, and that’s still a lot of gameplay where the story isn’t progressing much.

You could easily do the first game in one season with 10 1-hour episodes, though being that part of the back half of the game happens in winter and you have a character from that section introduced very late in the season, I would assume that could probably be season 2.

3 episodes before you even meet Ellie would be insane.

Most of the prologue can be done in a couple minutes of flashback. A whole episode on it? No thanks.

Not sure how long they want to run the series if it’s successful, but I don’t see why you would take more than 4 seasons to crank through both games and everything in between.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:09 PM   #32
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I momentarily considered checking out IATSE, to see if I should try to get into this industry (as I assume the crews are going to be getting bigger in Alberta to fill the demand). I'm currently looking for a job, and am willing to do anything that won't kill me. I have Set Safety and Protocol from a Lifetime movie I did a bit of Office PA work for about 12 years ago. I'm not sure if those things ever expire.
If you're legitimately interested, PM me.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:16 AM   #33
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
3 episodes before you even meet Ellie would be insane.
I was actually thinking
Spoiler!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2021, 10:34 AM   #34
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I was actually thinking
Spoiler!
Ok, I do actually see what you're saying here and think it could work, so credit where credit is due.

Definitely one of the more exciting parts of this is if they do cover the second game they could (and would likely have to, just by the nature of television) fix the horrendous story pacing/organization.

Also I just read this, which gives me good feelings about the show (along with the guy behind Chernobyl writing it, which was one of the best shows I've seen in ages):
Quote:
"For example, in the game, there's so much action you have to have to train the player about mechanics. You have to have more violence and more spectacle to some degree than you would need on a TV show because you don't need to train people on how to use a gun. So that's something that's been really different, and HBO's been great in pushing us to move away from hardcore action and focus more on the drama of the character."
https://www.gamesradar.com/hbos-the-...from-the-game/
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:04 AM   #35
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I was actually thinking
Spoiler!

I'd fully support Corsi as showrunner, haha. I thought your reorganization of the story in the second game was spot on.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:39 PM   #36
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Extra/Background casting info:

Quote:
Casting Call - For the TLOU project shooting dates July 2021 - July 2022 Extras Aged 18+

Details:

PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED EXTRAS APPLICATION FORM ASAP. PLEASE SEND US A CURRENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

Instructions on taking a proper photo:

DO look natural. This way we can visualise you in a variety of roles – you don’t want to limit yourself. Ensure you wear your hair down and that we can see your face clearly.

Do not take a selfie! When taking your photo please take your photo standing up and directly face the camera. Do not wear sunglasses or hats when taking your photo. Taking your photo with your cell phone is acceptable – with someone else taking the photo of you..

DO stand in front of a blank, neutral coloured wall (not too dark). We only want to see you in the picture.

DO ensure you take two photos – one from the waist up & one full length photo.

DO make sure it's in focus and you are looking directly at the camera, no black and white photos please!

Some 1995 -2003 Vehicles Needed:

For this project we are also looking for all types of vehicles between the years of 1995-2003. If you have a vehicle(s) that fit this description, please send us a photo of your vehicle & please include make/year/model and submit along with your photo and application. WE ARE SHOOTING IN SOUTHERN ALBERTA – ie: FORT MCLEOD, HIGH RIVER. CALGARY AREAS..

ONCE THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETED AND YOU HAVE TAKEN A PHOTO(s) – PLEASE SEND THIS INFORMATION IN ONE EMAIL TO: tlouextras@gmail.com

To Download Casting Form: https://easyupload.io/6yaqn6

Thank you,

Classic Casting Dept
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #37
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.psu.com/news/the-last-of...mEFI_AmWsdD_OQ

It looks like The Last of Us’ HBO Series is set to begin filming in the coming days as key talent has arrived in Calgary, Canada.

An image taken from Kantemir Balagov’s Instagram account Story reveals that he is in the city and with none other than Joel himself, Pedro Pascal.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:48 PM   #38
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve known Fort McLeod as a great place to shoot a zombie film ever since I picked a friend up from its bus station there at 3am.

There’s an ill-favoured vibe.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #39
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

A house getting torn down near me in cliff bungalow right now and walking past it last night I got huge Last of Us vibes

J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #40
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J epworth View Post
A house getting torn down near me in cliff bungalow right now and walking past it last night I got huge Last of Us vibes

Pretty sure that's one of the houses you need to duck through when the suburbs sniper is trying to take you out.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post: