Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2021, 10:50 PM   #101
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
When Sam was training and becoming Captain America and his nephew started running with him they should have had them run around the house with Sam passing him with an "on your left" quip. Missed opportunity Marvel!

Also I was way off on where I thought they were going with Walker.
I did think there was going to be more of a storyline mirroring the police brutality issue with Cap and him potentially getting off.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #102
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Great episode, but what I really enjoyed was the WWE tagteam takedown move with the shield!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 08:21 AM   #103
BMStrikesAgain
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

super excited for Falcon to finally have a good suit, always thought he had the worst in the entire mcu.
BMStrikesAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BMStrikesAgain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #104
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Wyatt Russell is really good. I'd never seen him in anything before this all I knew about him was that he was Kurt and Goldie's son but he's got some good chops.

I hope Walker does a double turn in the last episode because I wouldn't mind seeing a U.S. Agent Disney+ show in the future.
Watch Goon 2
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:32 AM   #105
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Watch Goon 2
And 22 Jump St.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:37 AM   #106
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

His episode of Black Mirror "Playtest" is good too.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2021, 11:37 AM   #107
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think its clear that Captain Jack errr Walker has gone completely off the reservation. He currently feels betrayed, has very little regret and the Serum has made him a paranoid Ahole.

He's going to be all about the proving I'm right and I revenge you sir. He's rapidly becoming the villain, he won't be the uber villain, but he's going to be the willing version of the winter Soldier.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #108
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
So Julia Louis-Dreyfus is

NSFW!
Obviously possible, that character does become madame Hydra in one storyline, but somehow I don't get that vibe, at least not yet. I also feel that Hydra would be such a boring answer to "who is she" that the writers would rather go for something a bit less known. There's also the issue that Agents of Shield storyline is a bit weirdly parallel to the movies, as it's part MCU, but not really in the later seasons, and if you brought back Hydra you'd kind of have to untangle that mess. I don't think it would be worth the effort.

Madame Hydra also would traditionally need to be a formidable martial artist, and I don't think Louis-Dreyfus has that in her.

There's plenty of more or less bad organizations available in the Marvel lore. My guess would be H.A.M.M.E.R. which is another US government agency.

Last edited by Itse; 04-21-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #109
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Obviously possible, that character does become madame Hydra in one storyline, but somehow I don't get that vibe, at least not yet. I also feel that Hydra would be such a boring answer to "who is she" that the writers would rather go for something a bit less known. There's also the issue that Agents of Shield storyline is a bit weirdly parallel to the movies, as it's part MCU, but not really in the later seasons, and if you brought back Hydra you'd kind of have to untangle that mess. I don't think it would be worth the effort.

Madame Hydra also would traditionally need to be a formidable martial artist, and I don't think Louis-Dreyfus has that in her.

There's plenty of less bad organizations available in the Marvel lore. My guess would be H.A.M.M.E.R. which is another US government agency.
Ya, Wikipedia said there had been various people who had used the name and the Contessa was one of them. It also lists her as being a member of S.H.E.I.L.D so I'm not really sure where they're going with her.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #110
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know if I'd want her to be Madame Hydra. Mallory Jensen did an amazing job in that role.

Old 04-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #111
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I just don't think Marvel needs to go back to hydra any time in the foreseeable future.

Among others we are likely to see in the next 10 years, Kang, The Ten Rings, Thunderbolts, The Hellfire Club or The Brotherhood, Dr Doom. Probably won't creep outside of the spiderman films but the insidious six is being setup. We've already got Agatha, the Power Brooker and Zemo out there. Loki may or may not be alive. We could see Mr Sinister, Galactus, Mojo or the Brood. Spiderman rights be damned Marvel has already laid claim to the Kingpin once.

The series has become so expansive, they have to at times just let storylines end. And Hydra really seems to be one of them.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:01 AM   #112
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that Hydra for now needs to be dead and buried. They were exterminated in Agents of Shield, and also in the Avengers movie frame work.

If we're truly going to a new phase with new hero's Hydra should be a fringe group, or you can have former Hydra personal stumbling around as minor minor villains.

Agents of Shield started really slow, but when they did the reveal in conjunction with Winter Solider, it was a great story line. But in the end all the senior leaders were pretty much dead.

There's nothing stopping F+WS from creating their own villainous entity.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 10:48 AM   #113
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

They now own the only good character in New Mutants, Majik (Rasputin), and the actress is really hot right now. Bring up the new Black Widow with Winter Soldier and any last military remnants of the MCU (war machine, USAgent), and you could have a couple of very interesting Next Gen Cold War storyline set in Ukraine that would feel pretty current.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:01 PM   #114
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Something I think may unfortunately have ended up lost in the MCU due to the swapping of this and the Black Widow movie in the lineup is a (even small) telling of the backstory to Black Widow and The Winter Solder that was set up by her line "don't you at least remember me?" in Civil War. Would have loved to see that connection, and I have a feeling it was planned as part of either that or this but was cut.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:46 AM   #115
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely you could be correct that they have some history that hasn't been shown/discussed and that alludes to it but the line could have also already been explained by Black Widow when she told Steve that the Winter Soldier shot and scarred her.

Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #116
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that Hydra for now needs to be dead and buried. They were exterminated in Agents of Shield, and also in the Avengers movie frame work.

If we're truly going to a new phase with new hero's Hydra should be a fringe group, or you can have former Hydra personal stumbling around as minor minor villains.

Agents of Shield started really slow, but when they did the reveal in conjunction with Winter Solider, it was a great story line. But in the end all the senior leaders were pretty much dead.

There's nothing stopping F+WS from creating their own villainous entity.

"Cut off one head, two more will take its place"
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:36 AM   #117
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
"Cut off one head, two more will take its place"

Seems to me in the end, in AOS they pretty much cut off all the heads and cauterized the spurting stumps.

Old 04-21-2021, 11:26 PM   #118
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Seems to me in the end, in AOS they pretty much cut off all the heads and cauterized the spurting stumps.
I'll have to take your word for it, i've never seen an ep of AoS. The quote just popped in my head.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2021, 05:32 AM   #119
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Isn't that all in limbo now cuz they don't consider AOS MCU universe canon after a certain point?
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #120
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Isn't that all in limbo now cuz they don't consider AOS MCU universe canon after a certain point?
Yes. The first 5 seasons were considered canon, the last 2 were not. In the end AOS created a completely separate timeline, and never referenced "The Blip" (though it did vaguely refer to Thanos in season 5).

I would imagine if the MCU decides to explore Inhumans it will be done entirely differently than the Inhumans TV show and AOS. However, as has been mentioned before, there have been considerations to revive AOS and retcon it into current canon.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote