Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-14-2021, 07:06 AM   #121
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
You may have already considered this, but if you're really going for an 80s vibe, hair/makeup and clothing will be more recognizable than architecture. And if you're super committed to the concept: your footage should be downsampled to SD, 4:3 aspect ratio and a bit grainy. But shoot it clean so have options in editing.
Yeah, we’ll definitely be going that route re: filming. I agree that clothing, hair and makeup will be very important. This coming from a dude who has a quasi-mullet! Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it!

Just wanted to say another thanks to everyone for being so gracious yesterday! I see that going this weekend would be inconsistent with my commitment to keep myself and others safe during this time. It’s funny, I’ve been really careful the whole way through, but like Fuzz said, sometimes it’s easy to jump the gun on something. I’ve often been the person to try to be a voice of reason, so it’s funny to see how easily the shoe can be on the other foot. That whole “maybe it’s not a big deal” thought, which is again, totally not in line with how I want to handle myself during the pandemic. So thanks friends, CP remains undefeated in making my life more awesome. And hey, I can always use that time to plan out my goalies-themed band that will appear post-pandemic...
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabaracci_31 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #122
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Northland still has that 80s vibe. I was there on monday getting my vaccine and saw theyre finally moving ahead with plans to carve it up and redeveloped the site. It's gotta be 90% empty

Don't know the timeline, but it it won't be 80s for long

Those posters have been up in Northland for a few years. (My eye doctor is there) I think it will be Dead Mall Walking for a while yet.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #123
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
Those posters have been up in Northland for a few years. (My eye doctor is there) I think it will be Dead Mall Walking for a while yet.
Possibly, can't remember for sure. Seems like it's been a giant "who knows?" since Whole Foods pulled out, what, 7-8 years ago now?
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #124
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah, they've been there for some time. I remember the first time I saw them and thinking, this will be interesting. I honestly think this was around the time that the Future Shop closed in there.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:43 PM   #125
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

They did just do minor tweaking's to their plans and submitted to council for approval last summer. And Walmart has come out in the past few months saying the Walmart there is going to be a Supercentre - expanding to that coloured space beside it on the map I imagine. So some recent indication that it might start up sometime soon.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #126
Tabaracci_31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Oh no! Based on the pictures I’ve looked at, Northland was high on my list. Fingers crossed we can sneak in before the changes. At least there are a few good options. That mall in Camrose is unreal. I think we’ll definitely look into that.
Tabaracci_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:52 PM   #127
BlindMilwaukee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

nm

Last edited by BlindMilwaukee; 06-02-2022 at 01:54 PM. Reason: wrong thread
BlindMilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #128
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabaracci_31 View Post
Oh no! Based on the pictures I’ve looked at, Northland was high on my list. Fingers crossed we can sneak in before the changes. At least there are a few good options. That mall in Camrose is unreal. I think we’ll definitely look into that.
Northland has been closed to the public since last fall. There is a tiny section still open by Winners. Did you make it in? They did a little bit of filming for The Last of Us in there.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:05 PM   #129
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tabaracci_31 (great username btw), if you did end up doing the film project and it's meant for public consumption, don't forget to post the youtube link here! I'd be interested to watch what you guys ended up making. :-)
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #130
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Northland has been closed to the public since last fall. There is a tiny section still open by Winners. Did you make it in? They did a little bit of filming for The Last of Us in there.
Of course they did, at Northland they dont even need to dress it up as a set. Just show up and you're good to go.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote