Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

After reading CroFlames nightmare, I'm betting that there is a another nightmare featuring banana's and the cast of golden girls.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #22
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I don't get too many recurring dreams anymore but when I was a kid I had the same one constantly. I was on a ship with my grandfather and pirates start boarding it. My grandfather tells me to hide in a treasure chest and he closes the lid. Then I just hear fighting/screaming and I don't get out.

Another one I had a few times over the last decade is that I have to go back at my high school/college job (Co-op) but I don't have my uniform and don't remember how to do the job. I've always equated having that dream to when I was worried about money.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #23
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
After reading CroFlames nightmare, I'm betting that there is a another nightmare featuring banana's and the cast of golden girls.

Haha.
Honestly when I'm playing hockey IRL and I accidentally put two fingers into one hole (grow up people) after drinking water on the bench, I get like a mini panic attack.
Even thinking about it is like nails on a chalkboard.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:07 PM   #24
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always have dreams where I try to turn on the lights but they struggle to come on. They behave like a burnt out florescent bulb, they flicker, and produce light but only near 10% of the light they normally would.

When I was a kid I would have dreams that I was being chased by The Incredible Hulk.

Also when I was a kid I would have dreams of a guy trying to break into my house through the front door and I was home alone.

I also have a dream where I show up to the arena to play hockey and my gear is missing or I'm struggling to get something tied on or such. It takes me forever to get dressed and then the arena is closed and nobody is around when I'm finally geared up.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #25
mivdo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I would have dreams where I would be trying to fight someone and put all my power into hitting them but would do next to no damage.

I also had this recurring nightmare as a kid. I would walk into my room, slowly head to the closet as if someone was hiding in it and as I slowly opened it, inside would be one of those toys where it would spin and make different farm animal noises. I would immediately wake up scared and crying.
mivdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #26
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:31 AM   #27
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I often have dreams where I need to make an important phone call to 911 or to warn someone or something and physically can't press the right numbers. It's actually incredible how frustrated and exhausted I can wake up.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #28
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have two that happen all the time:

One is that I'm getting dressed for a hockey game and I forget my skates at home and I call my mom to go get my skates and I always miss the game and never play. Doesn't matter how old I am, I'm always playing minor hockey at South Fish and I'm always calling my mom instead of driving myself.

The other is that my vision is extremely blurred but I'm running through the Calgary Zoo as the peacocks are trying to kill me. And always halfway through the dream I lose the ability to run and can only move very slowly and difficultly. I never get caught but it's terrifying and frustrating.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:59 AM   #29
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't have them anymore but when I was a kid I used to have dreams where Jason would come to town and kill everyone but me.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:03 PM   #30
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
The academic one is super common. I used to teach and always had the dreams about not being able to find my clothes five minutes before class.

Now I get the dreams about having to fight in the UFC. Like someone just signed me up and now I have to fight GSP.

I also get lots of nightmares about cougars and bears.
I also have lots of dreams about cougars but weirdly they’re never nightmares.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:37 PM   #31
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
...public nudity.
In my dreams I am naked ALL THE TIME.

It happens so frequently that I am starting to imagine I could in reality leave my house one of these days without any clothes on and think little of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #32
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Alright amateur Freudians, analyze my recurring dream...

I'm in the garden at my parents house. It's an English garden, with towering rose bushes, complete with gates and a crushed-glass topped brick wall. Usually, there's a creak at the bottom of the garden, sometimes a brick wall or a fence.

Sometimes, I climb over the wall, sometimes I wade through the creek, and sometimes I ride my pony (Ted) dressage-style over the wall.

On the other side is the sea.

Not your pretty California-sunshine seaside. Your gloomy, rocky, about 15 degrees and the wind blowing with heavy cloud English kind of beach. I walk down to the waves, wade in and start swimming. Way out of my depth. Past the breakers. Then I start to dive. Deeper and deeper on each successive dive. Until my chest is burning, my head is buzzing and I can taste blood in my mouth.

But I don't stop. I dive even deeper. Until there's no hope of being able to surface for air. In desperation, I suck water into my lungs -- and I can breathe the water! I can breathe water!!!

I swim out even further, dive even deeper, and even touch the sea-floor.

I meet whales. Big ones. And they're really happy to see me. They want to sing me their whale-songs and tell me their whale-stories. (Which turn out to be really long, really serious, and full of tales of whale-courage and honour. Sort of like Viking sagas, I guess.)

I swim with the whales for dream-hours. The whales swim all around me. They give my rides if I hang onto their fins, and they blow bubbles all around me to make me laugh.

The bubbles lift me back up to surface. I take a breath of air, and I can't breathe water any more. I find myself on a distant shore, and set about finding my way home.

Over and over I have this dream. Since I was a kid, even. I've never had a pony in my life, and I don't think I'd name him Ted even if I did.
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to annasuave For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2018, 06:37 PM   #33
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know what it means, but I would definitely watch that movie.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #34
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Diving deeper, until you can taste blood, then get all delusional? Ya, your secret desire is to be a sports stats analyst.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote