Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #941
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the firm was cool with her public defender work. I am not sure how it would reflect poorly on her, and she wasn’t really unreasonable with MV about not changing the building plan.

I am not sure how they are going to deal with the workers. Killing them all would be highly suspicious. How do you keep them from talking, or in Werner’s case, waxing poetic about his magnus opus to everybody. Now that it is taking so long, when they get home people would be asking about this long project they were involved in.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:34 AM   #942
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I thought this was going to be the other Don we've seen before, the one with the pool. But I'm pretty sure this is a new Salamanca we haven't seen.
when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to the desert in season 2 of BB, he panicks and mistakes them for Lalo, saying he's cool with the cartel and knows Nacho. So he's been mentioned, but never seen so far.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 11:36 PM   #943
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul and take him to the desert in season 2 of BB, he panicks and mistakes them for Lalo, saying he's cool with the cartel and knows Nacho. So he's been mentioned, but never seen so far.
What a crazy show(s) when they're finally bringing out a face to a character that was named in 2009.
I wonder if the writers at that time had any intention of one day having this character show up.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #944
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

####ing Werner
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #945
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

"Jimmy, you are always down."
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 AM   #946
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed that episode a lot. The scene on the parking deck rooftop was great. This has got to be the best show currently on TV, and I don't think it is very close after the last season of GoT. How many episodes are left?
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #947
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Great episode! Why was Werner almost having a panic attack when they're trying to blow up the wall? Did I miss something?
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #948
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Season Finale is next week.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #949
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud_McCool View Post
Great episode! Why was Werner almost having a panic attack when they're trying to blow up the wall? Did I miss something?
I think he thinks they're gonna kill him for having a big mouth. I also think he's the one struggling the most being away from his wife/family. He keeps talking about the other guys getting all pent up indoors all the time but really I think it is him that is suffering the most.

You could see from a mile away that the blond woman on the panel wanted Jimmy to talk about Chuck. I wonder if we get more and find out she knew Chuck somehow. It almost seemed like she did the way she smirked. The other two people didn't seem to care and seemed genuinely impressed with Jimmy's answers.

Curious to see where the Salamanca/Fring/Nacho story is going.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:51 PM   #950
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Season Finale is next week.
Well, crap, I am starting to hate these shows that only have 10 or 11 episode seasons with year long or more breaks between seasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #951
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Well, crap, I am starting to hate these shows that only have 10 or 11 episode seasons with year long or more breaks between seasons.
Don't worry! Walking Dead will be here to take its place....... barf.

How desperate are they to start advertising it as "Rick Grimes final episodes"? haha
Old 10-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #952
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Don't worry! Walking Dead will be here to take its place....... barf.

How desperate are they to start advertising it as "Rick Grimes final episodes"? haha
It's funny, I watch the Walking Dead promos with dread thinking "oh crap, that's starting again. I guess I need to finish watching. I haven't stopped watching yet, but outside of an episode or two, it's been a couple years since I can say I got any enjoyment out of it.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #953
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

That other new (limited?) series based on a John La Carre novel looks intriguing. Michael Shannon can do no wrong so I think I'll be watching that one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 04:52 PM   #954
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
It's funny, I watch the Walking Dead promos with dread thinking "oh crap, that's starting again. I guess I need to finish watching. I haven't stopped watching yet, but outside of an episode or two, it's been a couple years since I can say I got any enjoyment out of it.
They have a new show runner this year with longtime writer/producer Angela Kang stepping into Scott Gimple's old role. Hopefully this will result in improved storytelling and a fresh spin on the show.

I'm sure they're well aware of the decline in ratings over the last two seasons as well, so I'm hoping that motivates them to make a better show going forward.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #955
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

hmm. Not sure how to feel. Mike’s storyline sure fizzled out but Saul’s took off. Kim looked so defeated. She also comes across as quite the hypocrite teaming up with him for all that stuff late in the season only to judge him for faking it at the end.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:52 PM   #956
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:29 PM   #957
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fantastic episode! Hard to believe the season is over already. I love this show.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 PM   #958
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah fantastic episode. Now comes the long wait until next year, ugh. Lalo really went hard on his chase to find Mike. Kinda odd to do all that, including breaking into a money transfer store's backroom and assaulting the employee to look at what Mike got to look at. Cartel gonna Cartel I guess. Really like the actor playing Lalo so far too. Quickly developing into a guy I hate. I wonder if Hector told Lalo to kill Nacho when they talked one on one?

So, I guess next season, we get to watch the official start of the transition to Saul, complete with shady characters and bright coloured suits. He found his law office a couple episodes ago, has been reinstated and will have a new name next season.

Not sure what the German expected to happen. Sneaking out of a secure worksite is clearly not going to have a good ending. The money they got for the job should've been enough of an indication, not to mention the hoods-on policy when going to the site, the multiple security guards and cameras around 24 hours a day and the general vibe of the people that are part of the crew, Mike included.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #959
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Not sure why the German would elope like that - such a stupid risk for 4 days with his wife? His last phone call with his wife recalls Walt to Skylar, but not nearly as harrowing.

I don't think Kim is mad because Jimmy faked it - she is mad because she said she is "in with him" and he went off on his own tangent.

I think Lalo killed the Money Transfer agent?

Nice to see Chuck again in a Cameo, singing ABBA with Jimmy. He did love Jimmy, even if he was jealous and hated what kind of lawyer Jimmy was.
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #960
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think Kim is mad at all, I just think she is just starting to fully realize that there really is no Jimmy.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman