Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2022, 12:50 PM   #41
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I am in the greens and they went up by 10.5%. Taking the cost and dividing it by 41 games, the STH cost is now $123.35 per pair, per game.
Are you sure about that 10.5%? I showed I paid $4170.70 last year, and now $5057.54 for this year. That works out to be a 21.2% increase on the greens.

It does show a credit for the two games they bought back from us, but the amount owing still stings. This could end up being our last renewal as well.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:02 PM   #42
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm corner whites and saw a 2% increase, not too upset over it personally (for a change).
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:30 PM   #43
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
I'm corner whites and saw a 2% increase, not too upset over it personally (for a change).
What were your numbers? I have whites and it looked like last year was $7435.42 and this year is $7894.94. Up $459.42 or
6.2%
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:54 PM   #44
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Are you sure about that 10.5%? I showed I paid $4170.70 last year, and now $5057.54 for this year. That works out to be a 21.2% increase on the greens.

It does show a credit for the two games they bought back from us, but the amount owing still stings. This could end up being our last renewal as well.
For each pair of tickets I had in 2020-21 it was $4,578.30. The amount paid during the season was less than that, because I had sold some tickets through ticketmaster in the 2019-20 season, that I chose to have the credit applied to my account, rather than be refunded in cash. I think there was a 5% bonus on that deposit as well.

The 2022-23 season is $5,057.54 for a pair, with the increase being 10.5%. Taking the total, and dividing it by 41 games, each pair now will cost $123.35 per game. This season each pair cost $111.67 per game, so next season will be an increase of $11.68 per pair, per game. Is this a huge amount? Probably not. The issue is that on resell, the low demand games usually get me $100 per pair, less $9-10 in fees. That means I am still paying about $32 per game for those that I attend. In no way should anyone feel sorry for me, but if I can't go to 30 games, it's not making a lot of sense for me to be paying $1,800 for tickets I can't go to. It seems like a better play at that point is to not being a STH, and just buy the single game tickets for the ones I can go to. The downfall is I lose playoff rights. We'll see how this season goes, but maybe the $1,800 is worth it in order to ensure I'm in the Dome every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2022, 04:17 PM   #45
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
What were your numbers? I have whites and it looked like last year was $7435.42 and this year is $7894.94. Up $459.42 or
6.2%
It went from $7462 to $7596 (doing some rounding).
Old 04-27-2022, 07:28 AM   #46
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
For each pair of tickets I had in 2020-21 it was $4,578.30.
I guess my previous invoice is weird. It shows a cost of $4170, but that was probably what I paid after the 10% down as the price breakdown per game adds up to $4578.

Thanks for taking the time to outline it all. Makes me feel better/ less angry about the current increase.
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2022, 08:09 AM   #47
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I guess my previous invoice is weird. It shows a cost of $4170, but that was probably what I paid after the 10% down as the price breakdown per game adds up to $4578.

Thanks for taking the time to outline it all. Makes me feel better/ less angry about the current increase.
I had a similar issue. It was because they zero'd out the games that were moved to later in the season (for example, the oilers game) and then never added the new date back to the invoice which made my cost look lower.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:17 AM   #48
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven’t heard back since emailing saying I want to cancel. I can’t even seem to change the payment plan from the “pay in full” mid May invoice.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:42 AM   #49
craigsol
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyntangs View Post
You can always cancel after. You could cancel later into Summer and they'd refund you your money. In case you did want to stay and see how the off season unfolds.
Are you sure abut this? The way I read the contract it doesn't seem like a refund would occur
craigsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:33 PM   #50
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

In the past they have always allowed ongoing STHs to cancel in the summer. That may not be an option if you just bought into STs later in the 2021-22 season. I know when I went from game packs to seasons back in 2004- I had to commit to a full season after. That makes sense as that also gave me tickets for the entire playoffs.

There is a question mark- how many people will cancel and will they still allow it? Since 2004 there has always been some sort of wait list. No that I don't think there really is one- will that change things?
Old 04-27-2022, 01:01 PM   #51
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In the past they have always allowed ongoing STHs to cancel in the summer. That may not be an option if you just bought into STs later in the 2021-22 season. I know when I went from game packs to seasons back in 2004- I had to commit to a full season after. That makes sense as that also gave me tickets for the entire playoffs.

There is a question mark- how many people will cancel and will they still allow it? Since 2004 there has always been some sort of wait list. No that I don't think there really is one- will that change things?
I'm super curious about this "wait list" I had someone who I met at a game 6 weeks ago and he liked being at the game so much he asked The Flames and had seats for the rest of this season which would become his season seats going forward.

Not entirely sure how it works other than if people choose to stay on the waitlist to get the exact seats they want.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:02 PM   #52
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsol View Post
Are you sure abut this? The way I read the contract it doesn't seem like a refund would occur
I heard the same thing as iggytangs but as Ken said below...best to ask your trp directly and get an official response as things can change year over year.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:16 PM   #53
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

so anyone considering not renewing in PL rows 1-3 want transfer me your seats?
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #54
craigsol
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:

I entered into season tickets 3/4 of the way through the season once COVID resections lifted

They are telling me there is no refund for cancelations for 2022-23 once you have committed
Old 04-27-2022, 06:54 PM   #55
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I entered into season tickets 3/4 of the way through the season once COVID resections lifted

They are telling me there is no refund for cancelations for 2022-23 once you have committed
Oh good point/reminder. I do recall for those who opted out and then back in had to commit to next year. But those who stuck by the entire season are entitled to leave as per previous years.
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesrule_kipper34 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2022, 11:00 AM   #56
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've asked my ticket rep about canceling later in the summer and what happens refund wise. We'll see what they say.

Pretty tough spot for them to be in - asking for commitments when there is such massive uncertainty with the roster this summer. Johnny and Chucky staying/going hugely impacts my desire to retain seats (and I said as much to my rep).
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 01:19 PM   #57
craigsol
Farm Team Player

Exp:

i doubt they retain both
Old 04-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #58
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

i gotta hand to all of you guys who are willing to make the commitment to be a STH or even a partial.

personally, i am not willing to make such a commitment; however, if/when i buy tickets, i usually opt to buy tickets at the top end of my budget
Old 04-28-2022, 01:34 PM   #59
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
i doubt they retain both
Well Tkachuk can't go anywhere this summer
Old 04-28-2022, 07:17 PM   #60
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I've asked my ticket rep about canceling later in the summer and what happens refund wise. We'll see what they say.

Pretty tough spot for them to be in - asking for commitments when there is such massive uncertainty with the roster this summer. Johnny and Chucky staying/going hugely impacts my desire to retain seats (and I said as much to my rep).
Update on this: they said that if I’m unhappy with the team in the summer and decide to cancel they’ll issue a refund.

I’m pleased with that. Seems like the right thing to do on their side.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote