Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #2181
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
I continue to be intrigued by Littlefinger. Wonder what he does in Winterfell all day long. Just hangin around, taking in a few meetings, spying on Sansa.

With all the death and destruction he makes it through season after season. He's the Shane Doan of GOT.
Well....perhaps we shouldnt delve too deeply into how he got the nickname 'Littlefinger' and maybe leave the speculation alone.

I'm sure he has....important business to attend to.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #2182
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

There sure has been a lot of drifting north of the wall since season 1.

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:35 PM   #2183
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post

Quote:
Fargo, ND – Local resident Todd Fox has been detained for “reckless endangerment” and “illegal use of high-powered fire-breathing weaponry” for attacking snow with his flamethrower. Fox reportedly became so fed up with the week-long blowing snow epidemic in his area that he decided to KILL IT WITH FIRE.

The neighborhood was treated with quite a show last night as Fox unleashed an inferno upon the mountainous snow palace that was his front yard. Neighbors to his immediate right and left noticed a bright orange cloud and could hear what they thought was “puff the magic dragon spewing mayhem all over hell,” which prompted one of them to notify police.

Fox stated that he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull ####.”

Police say that Fox surrendered his efforts immediately upon their arrival and that his front yard “looked like a hydrogen bomb had gone off.” They think he was just happy to be done with snow removal, even if it did mean a trip to jail.
http://fmobserver.com/fargo-man-arre...-flamethrower/

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #2184
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The farmhouse scene really highlighted how far south winter has hit in Westeros. Arya and the Hound were there in season four and last night it was a snowy mess. And that's in the Riverlands.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #2185
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's nice attention to detail. Them keeping the way clear for roving parties etc as winter comes on and the snow piles up. Wouldn't take long before that door would be buried otherwise. ####ty job having to shovel that driveway though.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #2186
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
The Hound's vision seemed to say the Night King was going to go around the wall.
How would that actually work?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #2187
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"Ice, a wall of ice. The Wall... It's where the Wall meets the sea."

"There's a castle there. There's a mountain, looks like an arrowhead. The dead are marching past, thousands of them."

He saw the dead marching past a mountain on the way to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea - the castle that Jon sent Tormund to garrison.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mac_82 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #2188
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

There's is obviously some kind of magical force preventing crossing the wall, which would also prevent them using water. Otherwise, they could just attack the wall directly at any time. The wildlings almost burst through the gate and scaled the wall, with a relatively small force. The others now have a huge horde, that contains several zombie giants. There are even fewer men currently at the wall.

There's no reason the white walkers couldn't just storm the wall and rip open the gates, if it was just physics holding them back. If it was just a physical wall, an army made up of thousands of tireless soldiers could just storm the gates or chip away at the wall itself, until it was gone.

The White Walkers must also be linked to the land of Westeros somehow, which prevents them from boarding ships and attacking a neighbouring land or attacking from a different direction.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #2189
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm feeling most interested in Bran's part for this season. With so many other characters there seem to be developed and somewhat set arches now, but there's still plenty of mystery around how and where Bran and his abilities will fit in.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnyB For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 07:00 PM   #2190
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm curious as to the gift Euron is planning to bring to Cersei. Tyrion? Just Tyrion's head? A dragon? I've got no sense of this guy or what he could have planned.

I'm also reminded as I re-watch the episode that I really enjoyed the conversation in the scene between Sam and the Archmaester.

Last edited by Finger Cookin; 07-17-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:03 PM   #2191
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I'm curious as to the gift Euron is planning to bring to Cersei. Tyrion? Just Tyrion's head? A dragon? I've got no sense of this guy or what he could have planned.
I think he would have a hard time getting his hands of Tyrion. A sand snake maybe?
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #2192
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
I think he would have a hard time getting his hands of Tyrion. A sand snake maybe?
I was thinking Snow or Stark given their conversation about Cersei getting what she wanted and the Lannister army never coming that far North.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #2193
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm also reminded as I re-watch the episode that I really enjoyed the conversation in the scene between Sam and the Archmaester.
Floyd Mayweather

But probably the Sand Snake Queen. The Starks are out of reach.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #2194
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Floyd Mayweather

But probably the Sand Snake Queen. The Starks are out of reach.
Have you been following this story from the start or did you just jump in now? In what reality is a Stark ever safe in George RR Martin's world?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #2195
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Have you been following this story from the start or did you just jump in now? In what reality is a Stark ever safe in George RR Martin's world?
It means they aren't seaside, out of range of ships. Unless he intends to return to Cersei in 6 months.

and it's not his world anymore. It's HBO's world.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #2196
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Euron's intended gift will depend on whether or not they plan on having him succeed.

If he will succeed and bring his gift back to Cersei to forge an alliance, it will probably be Tyrion... alive so she can experience the joy of killing her own brother. This, of course, will backfire on them and Tyrion will end up killing Cersei.

If Euron is to ultimately fail, then his target could be anything but will probably end with him attacking Dragonstone and getting roasted by Dany's dragons.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #2197
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did anyone else pick up on some potential foreshadowing. The scene with the dead army and the Wights, the shot of the giant makes me wonder if the Nights King can resurrect anything, perhaps direwolfs and dragons as well? What if he kills and resurrects someone like Melisandre and uses her magic to break down the wall?

Also the scene with the Hound burying the body and the shot of Thoros face going all dark, makes me wonder if something will happen to him as well? Does he turn to a darker side?

I think Euron is going after the Tyrells or the Snakes, it would be too ambitious to go after Daenerys or Tyrion just yet but who knows with this show.
steve9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #2198
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
Did anyone else pick up on some potential foreshadowing. The scene with the dead army and the Wights, the shot of the giant makes me wonder if the Nights King can resurrect anything, perhaps direwolfs and dragons as well? What if he kills and resurrects someone like Melisandre and uses her magic to break down the wall?

Also the scene with the Hound burying the body and the shot of Thoros face going all dark, makes me wonder if something will happen to him as well? Does he turn to a darker side?

I think Euron is going after the Tyrells or the Snakes, it would be too ambitious to go after Daenerys or Tyrion just yet but who knows with this show.
Yeah, Euron isnt exactly subtle, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if hes going to try and impress Cersei by going after Tyrion and promptly getting his ass kicked.

Its an interesting juxtaposition between the two, the Lannisters in Westeros have a fractured group being barely held together during constant power struggles whereas Denearys has a cohesive group united under one leader.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #2199
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post

When Sansa and Jon were talking about Cercsi and Sansa said she had learnt a lot from her... She has the same hairstyle as Cercsi used to rock.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #2200
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
When Sansa and Jon were talking about Cercsi and Sansa said she had learnt a lot from her... She has the same hairstyle as Cercsi used to rock.
Maybe she was hinting something else to Jon. Something much more terrible that Cersei is known for. Something that involves brothers and sisters.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: