Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #121
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, YAY for factions again! It's been too long. Is it wrong to think Stromans still a face instead of a heel?
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:53 PM   #122
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I know who the puppet master is for the "Bad Guy" Faction. It's Curt Angle. The Shield is the McMahon juggernaught. and Stromans been Angles attack dog since survivor series last year. Incidentally who got screwed over by HHH? Angle and Stroman.

If the writers had a brain, this is where it ends up.

I'm still predicting that its the New World Order with Hulk Hogan coming back to lead it.

It just seems to make sense that somehow the Shield the Original rebel group has now become the face of the establishment, and somehow out of this whole convoluted confusing mess, the corporation is going to become the faces through force with probably HHH and stephanie at the end, and the NWO will be all the wrestlers that are sick of the abuse. with Hogan and Angle.

Yeah, and then we'll split the roster and there'll be four brands yeah, no wait 5 brands

Smack Down
Raw
205 Live
NXT
NWO

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:19 PM   #123
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If you have the network run don't walk to the first episode of the Mae Young Classic 2 and watch the match between Killer Kelly and Meiko Satomura.

Holy crap.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #124
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hear anything about nWo reunion? They shot a couple of commercials and released them on YouTube. Hulk Hogan tweeted about October 27 being a huge day.

Hard to think that WWE would allow them to use nWo trademark and footage from their WCW days (which WWE owns) for something that isn't related to WWE. Not for something big or ongoing at least. They did do a reunion of sorts on some Indy show recently.

Hopefully they would be only used to form a new group and Hall, Nash and Hogan are only mentors used sparingly. All three are too old and banged up to get involved with in ring action. I'm not sure I'd be happy with a new nWo though. It has to be the original three and its too late for that.

Still, I'm intrigued.

Last edited by Buff; 09-07-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #125
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hasnt Hall fallen off the wagon again. The raw anniversary he looked pretty bad again.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #126
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm still sure that we saw the start of the NWO storyline on Monday, and we're going to have Hogan, Hall and Nash on one side, and the Shield and the McMahon's on the other side. And it will be horrible.

But its the only reason why I think 8 million wrestlers came out to beat up the shield. Because the shield beating the crap out of the roster is expected, the shield beating the crap out of the NWO is guaranteed face cheers for Roman, especially when he punches out Hogan who's going to come out and be completely racist against Samoans, and wrestlers that look like junkies.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #127
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently Renee will now be full time on RAW as an announcer.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articl...-announce-team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #128
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

With the faction war starting on RAW, the nWo creating throwback videos, and Hogan being reinstated into the HoF (and thus opening his way back up to Raw), I have little doubt that there is an nWo-influenced or nWo-involved storyline coming up. WWE likes to play the nostalgia card regularly.

Probably a good chance to refresh some characters (Roode, Balor, Owens come to mind).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #129
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still makes no sense why Owens didn't miss a single week.

If anything he should have left. All the heels in the back should have kept attacking the Shield, and Strowman.

Then have Owens come back as a bit of the heel ring leader of this "New World Order", representing those on the roster that are sick of the WWE treatment of the Shield, and Strowman.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #130
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

"Still makes no sense".

This is WWE. It rarely ever makes sense or provides logic in its storytelling.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #131
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 09-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #132
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 09-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #133
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Still makes no sense why Owens didn't miss a single week.

If anything he should have left. All the heels in the back should have kept attacking the Shield, and Strowman.

Then have Owens come back as a bit of the heel ring leader of this "New World Order", representing those on the roster that are sick of the WWE treatment of the Shield, and Strowman.
They went to the trouble of putting him on the former wrestlers page on the website, bringjng him back after 1 week in something like that was such a stupid waste

He should have been gone minimum a month

He alao should have showed up on nxt, or even something like ALL IN

Then bring him back with a stable like you say, id go with undisputed era
d_phaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #134
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Hell in a Cell

Watched the opening match New Day vs Rusev Day. Fun little match where New Day retained

Randy Orton def Jeff Hardy - A decent match overall, a pretty gruesome spot as Orton tortured Hardy's ear hole with a screw driver. The big spot was muffed a bit as it was so apparent that it was coming.

I just dislike Orton because he's boring and methodical. I get his character is like a cold hearted serial Killer, but he's also a black hole of charisma. This match was really put into place to write off Jeff so he can join his brother on the side lines.

Grade C+

Becky Lynch defeats Charlotte to become Smackdown Woman's Champion.

I was surprised this match was on so early. Its weird the way WWE thinks. Becky comes out all heel like and then panders to the fans. Charlotte looks like she's ready to cry. Overall a good little match with some nice spots. But I don't think it went far enough to show Becky's dislike. Some nice spots including a 1 arm power bomb by Charlotte and the Lynch pinning move. The after match moment was nice as Charlotte tried to reconcile with her old friend and raise her hands, but Becky smack talked her, raised the belt, told her that she couldn't steal her moment and left, while Charlotte I don't know looked like she wanted to cry.

Grade B- my problem is that this is a match that needed some brawling or anger

Rollins and Ambrose vs McIntyre and Ziggler (C)

Again this match seems a bit early in the match as it features 4 very good workers.Fantastic match. A lot of back and forth action and a lot of great spots. There was nothing new of surprising in this match but the four men were right on their games. I still think at times that Ziggler has been a bit wasted in his run in the WWE, but he's a fantastic worker and more importantly a fantastic seller and story teller. They really need to get Rollins and Ambrose the hell away from Reigns who needs them way more then they need him.

Grade a+ great match with a great ending.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 09-16-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #135
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

AJ Styles (C) vs Samoa Joe

Sooo, lets see, its hell in a cell and they've had one match in a hiac. You've got one competitor who has stalked another competitors family, jumped the champion multiple times and the Champ has threatened to rip Joe's heart out. Yet its not in a cell? Really?

Fabulous physical match that let Joe showcase his monster gimmick and Styles his high flying and kick based offense. I don't think that the fans really got into this because again it wasn't the match that you wanted. It lacked a bit of physicality, but in terms of execution it was well done and the story of the match was well done. If the ending seems familiar it should be as they ripped off the Bazler Sane match from NXT takeover, with Styles pinning Joe while in a submission and tapping out at 2.5 but the ref misses it. This certainly sets up a submission match next.

Grade a+ for some reason the fans were just completely quiet through this one.

The Miz and Maryse vs Bryan and Brie

Hey look no cage. Look believe what you want, but Bryan and Miz has done an artful job of conning the wrestling smarks into believing that they hate each other. But the truth is probably pretty close to these two working extremely well and creatively together. I'm still pissed that they had to add the woman to this feud, yeah I get its logical, but Brie and Maryse are just not that level of workers.

Miz and Maryse though do a great job of playing the sneaky conniving heels. Here's where I have a problem. You have Brie beating the crap out of the Miz, I get that the Miz is the heel and its a cheap crowd pleaser, but it makes the Miz almost honorable that he doesn't punch her out while she's whaling on him.

I just can't get into Bryan and Brie, there's just too much of being a cheap cheer generator and that's what those two are.

Wow that was the worst ending ever.

Ugh

Final grade d+, there was little chemistry between Maryse and Brie. Miz really tried to carry this match as the villain. Daniel is boring as snot now.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 09-16-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #136
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The main event ending was garbage. It was tracking so well and then instantly went to crap. Eff off Lesnar. you're done man, let it go.

Loved the Lynch win.
Liked the raw tag title defense.
Don't know how the SD tag title went to the new day but that sucked.
Starting to not enjoy Rousey. The in match talking she does just sucks. Although that was a pretty decent match.
Highlight for SD side was the Lynch match, the rest kind of sucked.
Highlight for the Raw side was the tag title match, the rest sucked.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #137
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I haven't watched it on the network yet, but last night I got out of the house and went to see Mick Foley's 20 Years of Hell Tour.

Holy crap he's captivating and engaging. He's such a good speaker, and genuine person.

I didn't get the chance to meet him, merely attended the show in a small intimate theatre with amazing acoustics (Mick commented it was the best sound he's ever had).

If you haven't seen it on the network, check it out.

If you're in St. John's reading this, get a ticket for tonight's show.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2018, 07:48 AM   #138
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I watched it on the network after hell in a cell and it was great. He was funny and entertaining. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.
I would watch a much longer show of his like this where he goes into more stories and such, not just focusing on his HIAC match.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #139
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched it too, I loved the humanistic approach to his content... you rarely get to see that in wrestling, especially in a public setting. I'm glad the WWE put that on the Network, it's nice to see real, non in-ring content like this. Gives another side of the industry you don't typically get to see.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #140
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Anyone watch the Dunne-Ricochet match from NXT last night? Probably one of those WWE match of the year candidates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: