Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #1021
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenshoes View Post
Just missing Usyk and Lomachenko
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tony-soprano For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:34 PM   #1022
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Iraqis defending themselves weren't the terrorists

but yes, this isn't the place
If we can give space to people talking about what they’re making for dinner, I’m sure we have it in us to give space to people sharing more complex feelings brought on by this conflict.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:38 PM   #1023
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Well damn...its the thought that counts haha
Damn straight.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:39 PM   #1024
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
....try and imagine Trudeau in the same situation - he would be bunkered up in mom's basement, or better yet, in the Caribbean somewhere, telling us to be brave.
LOLZ. If any Canadian politician would be hiding in mummy's basement, it's Kenney. He's already proven that.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:44 PM   #1025
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
If we can give space to people talking about what they’re making for dinner, I’m sure we have it in us to give space to people sharing more complex feelings brought on by this conflict.
Yeah, I thought _Q_'s post was interesting.

More than anything, it made me remark that the idea that I might one day have to pick up a rifle, go out into the street, and defend my family against strangers in tanks is so foreign and remote to me that it may as well be science fiction. Not so for Ukrainians, Iraqis, Afghanis and so many others. I am very lucky.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:45 PM   #1026
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Russian culture, history, language, food, art, and all that stuff is fantastic. This is a moment in time.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:45 PM   #1027
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
I just hope Zelesnkyy keeps himself safe. He's got balls of steel, but losing him would be a major blow considering so much over the fight has gone in Ukraine's favor to date vs expectations and those successes breed more success.
I hope he lives too, but if Russia martyrs him, there's a chance that it would strengthen Ukraine's resolve.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:46 PM   #1028
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stephen Harper literally hid in a closet during the 2014 Parliament Hill shooting...

...and it was the right thing to do at the time. This conversation is stupid. Who cares if the Canadian PM would pick up arms and fight directly in a hypothetical invasion scenario? If you guys want to complain about Trudeau, can you keep it in the Canadian politics thread?
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:49 PM   #1029
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Take these seeds and put them in your pockets. Love it.

Reminds me of Heaney's Requiem for the croppies.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:51 PM   #1030
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not lost on me that when I saw casualties of the war in Syria I was sad, but when seeing a white Ukranian saying goodbye to his daughter I was devastated. It's not right, but it proves even those of us that think we're empathetic may just be a bit less than we thought
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:53 PM   #1031
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
LOLZ. If any Canadian politician would be hiding in mummy's basement, it's Kenney. He's already proven that.
LOLZ

I knew someone would go there.

This isn't a Trudeau vs Kenney pissing match, but sure, feel free to go there. I was simply comparing their President with our PM. If you want to go through all the Premiers as well feel free. But yeah, I would expect Kenney to show as much courage as Trudeau.

Some of you are so sensitive about your politicians that you simply can't let a post about one person go by without an immediate whatabout response.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 07:55 PM   #1032
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Every one, up to and including Cretien would have reacted with courage and resolve.

Whatever you think about Trudeau (good or bad), courage isn't the firs thing that comes to mind
You should step into a effing ring with him and watch him distort your face.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:56 PM   #1033
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be clear, I think ALL of our politicians are spineless and useless. THAT was my point - not trying to take a jab at Liberals. I think it's a function of how hostile the political threads are, but man do peoples' backs get up quickly
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 08:01 PM   #1034
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I take offence to that
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 08:04 PM   #1035
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Awesome since were doing the inclusive thing. Here’s my complex take. Biden and Obama are morons for canceling Keystone XL, which would allow the US to fully end imports of Russian Oil which is about $500MM/day flowing to Russia aka Putin and his circle.

Oh and he’s a moron for not canceling those imports right now….but morso the modern pipeline blocking environmental ding bats that fuel his base are the real enablers here. He’s backed into a corner of gas shortages they helped cause and less oil makes everyone angry. The kicker is They’ve been told clearly by many that buying blood oil would cause strife. Now its more in your face than ever before.

Oh and the EU is the same. Their addiction to Russian energy caused this. They aren’t doing anything either.

So those are my complex feelings. The modern environmental movement has failed the world full stop. It succeeded in only one thing, getting people to buy Teslas and enabling exactly what you see now.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:05 PM   #1036
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOLZ

I knew someone would go there.

This isn't a Trudeau vs Kenney pissing match, but sure, feel free to go there. I was simply comparing their President with our PM. If you want to go through all the Premiers as well feel free. But yeah, I would expect Kenney to show as much courage as Trudeau.

Some of you are so sensitive about your politicians that you simply can't let a post about one person go by without an immediate whatabout response.
Why wouldn't you just compare Ukraines leadership to Russia one looks like a hero and one looks like a coward
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #1037
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Iraqis defending themselves weren't the terrorists

but yes, this isn't the place
I think this is the perfect time and place for all of us to become more globally aware and realize that humans suffer the same way across the globe.
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WCW Nitro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 08:12 PM   #1038
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting comparison between Ukraine and Iraq. How many countries did Ukraine invade, I can't recall.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:14 PM   #1039
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Interesting comparison between Ukraine and Iraq. How many countries did Ukraine invade, I can't recall.
I dont really know where you're going with this, but it just rings that little bell.

The Russians think the Ukrainians 'invaded' historical Russian territory. So by sheer existence the Ukrainians are occupiers.

I mean. Look at that statement. The mental gymnastics required for anyone to think that statement makes any degree of sense is unreal.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2022, 08:15 PM   #1040
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada to match all donations to the Red Cross going towards Ukrainian humanitarian and relief efforts. Time to make your donations go further guys.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...s-for-ukraine/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:

Tags
atrocity , badass zelensky , lying russians , mad man , sneaky fn russian , war sucks