Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2020, 02:55 PM   #201
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I have to agree with Matata. Every time I am at a function where there is a group order, it always seems to be Hawaiian pizza that is left over at the end. Most people don't seem to have an issue with vegetarian pizza. It might not be their first option, but they don't find it disgusting.

At my work, we often have social events and anytime someone mentions getting a Hawaiian, there is always a moment of awkwardness. I mean, I actually love anchovies and olives on pizza, but I know that they are not for everyone, so I would never suggest it in a group buy.
Indeed. It's always the Hawaiian pizza slices left over

Usually the people who like their type of pizzas avoid the Hawaiian pizza altogether. Hawaiian pizza eaters would come to the table, take a slice of Hawaiian, gaze over at the other kinds of pizzas that looks even better, takes a slice of that too, have a bite of each slice and come to the realisation that other pizzas has more layers of flavour while the Hawaiian is one note. They'll usually explore other flavours then after and abandon the Hawaiian in leftover exile

I understand the people who put in the group orders and include one or two Hawaiian pizzas since they want to accommodate everyone. But they shouldnt waste food to begin with

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #202
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
It's been discussed before. Pizza is a communal food. It always goes like this.

5 people watching hockey or sitting around before lunch at work decide to order pizza.

Person 1: So 2 large is enough? Maybe let's get 3 so we can have left-overs.
Person 2: Sweet, OK which toppings should we get? Everyone OK with pepperoni?
Person 3 & 1: yeah that's cool.
Person 4: how about a deluxe?
Person 3, 2 and 1: yeah I'm ok with that.
Person 5: How about bbq chicken?
Person 1 and 3: Gross. Can we not?
Person 5: Come on man, bbq chicken pizza is the best. We need to get that. That's why I even wanted pizza in the first place. If we don't get that then I'm out.
Person 2 and 4: I don't really care, I'll just eat whatever.

So the 3 pizzas show up. Person 5 eats two slices of his bbq chicken and one slice of the others. Person 2 eats one slice of bbq chicken and realizes it's gross. Person 1, 3 and 4 don't touch it. All of a sudden you're out of the good pizzas and the only left overs are the nasty bbq chicken.
Legit gear grinder for sure. The tool who pipes up for some crappy banana pepper and pesto bullcrap always has one slice and tries to dip into the meat lovers.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #203
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn’t that lead to just getting boring Pizzas. You are like the Redford and Stelmech it Pizza orders.

You guys are Lowest Common Denominator pizza orderers.

When you order a Pizza and someone wants something fun and they have 2 lives of that one and 1 of the others that is okay. You are supposed to have one of that weird pizza and not just the one you wanted. Pizza is like Chinese food everyone picks one and everyone shares.

There is also no bad pizza. There are bad Pizza places (I’m looking at you BP’s) but there isn’t a bad pizza.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #204
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Horrible poll. I voted for at least 6 pizzas id never eat.

I had to decide which horrible pizza was easier to pick stuff off of.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #205
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Hawaiian pizza eaters would come to the table, take a slice of Hawaiian, gaze over at the other kinds of pizzas that looks even better, takes a slice of that too, have a bite of each slice and come to the realisation that other pizzas has more layers of flavour while the Hawaiian is one note. They'll usually explore other flavours then after and abandon the Hawaiian in leftover exile
Or they just like having multiple types of pizza in one sitting. If I'm in a group buy for say 3 or 4 pizzas I'm trying everything that doesn't have onions if I'm not in the mood for picking them out. That's whether Hawaiian is one or not.

Like I already mentioned to Matata, just buy a small then for the Hawaiian. There's less pieces so there's less leftovers if you don't have enough people who want Hawaiian for a larger pizza.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:34 PM   #206
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Pizza is like Chinese food everyone picks one and everyone shares.
Pizza is like Chinese food. I order what I want to eat and I eat it.

I don't care about whatever garbage you want to order, but you better eat it.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:36 PM   #207
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Usually the people who like their type of pizzas avoid the Hawaiian pizza altogether. Hawaiian pizza eaters would come to the table, take a slice of Hawaiian, gaze over at the other kinds of pizzas that looks even better, takes a slice of that too.
There is nothing better.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #208
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Pizza is like Chinese food. I order what I want to eat and I eat it.

I don't care about whatever garbage you want to order, but you better eat it.
You shouldn’t order Pizza or Chinese in a group then.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #209
doublej_23
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Indeed. It's always the Hawaiian pizza slices left over

Usually the people who like their type of pizzas avoid the Hawaiian pizza altogether. Hawaiian pizza eaters would come to the table, take a slice of Hawaiian, gaze over at the other kinds of pizzas that looks even better, takes a slice of that too, have a bite of each slice and come to the realisation that other pizzas has more layers of flavour while the Hawaiian is one note. They'll usually explore other flavours then after and abandon the Hawaiian in leftover exile

I understand the people who put in the group orders and include one or two Hawaiian pizzas since they want to accommodate everyone. But they shouldnt waste food to begin with
I keep seeing these posts about Hawaiian pizza or pizza with pineapple being left over and I've never experienced this before. In fact its been the opposite.

I host many parties for hockey/wrestling where pizza is on the menu and often we order
Pepperoni
Hawaiian
Pepperoni Bacon Pineapple Feta
Butter Chicken (once in a while)

We have to order the pepperoni for the kids and one adult who doesn't like pineapple and there is always pepperoni pizza left for the next day.
doublej_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to doublej_23 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #210
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like pineapple but will never eat it on pizza. My two favourites are a canadian or chicken and mushroom, especially if I can get the chicken smothered in some sort of hot sauce.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlAcKNoVa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #211
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej_23 View Post
I keep seeing these posts about Hawaiian pizza or pizza with pineapple being left over and I've never experienced this before. In fact its been the opposite.

I host many parties for hockey/wrestling where pizza is on the menu and often we order
Pepperoni
Hawaiian

We have to order the pepperoni for the kids and one adult who doesn't like pineapple and there is always pepperoni pizza left for the next day.
I have never been to any gathering, work related, birthday party or otherwise where the last pizza didnt have pineapple. Even resorts in mexico which make terrible pizza, the last one left always has pineapple.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:53 PM   #212
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Doesn’t that lead to just getting boring Pizzas. You are like the Redford and Stelmech it Pizza orders.

You guys are Lowest Common Denominator pizza orderers.

When you order a Pizza and someone wants something fun and they have 2 lives of that one and 1 of the others that is okay. You are supposed to have one of that weird pizza and not just the one you wanted. Pizza is like Chinese food everyone picks one and everyone shares.

There is also no bad pizza. There are bad Pizza places (I’m looking at you BP’s) but there isn’t a bad pizza.
No way man, you are wrong. Edible pizza is a tightrope you have to walk since one wrong ingredient can make it totally pointless to eat. When we order pizza, my wife's selection might as well have dog crap and pubes on it for how little it appeals to me. Each olive ruins a 2" radius around it on the slice. Same as onions, making the cheese turn all wet and discoloured. And feta can be catapulted back to Mykonos for all I care.
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #213
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, based on all of these food polls in recent weeks, I'm starting to realize that I run in very different circles from a lot of people around here.

I'm still shook from vanilla Girl Guide cookies receiving a single vote let alone beating chocolate.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:02 PM   #214
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've found a pizza flavour combination that I love, and I'm just going to put it out there as a recommendation: italian sausage, goat cheese, caramelized onions, plus, optionally, black olives. (This is on a standard pizza base, ie. tomato sauce, mozza.)

I'd easily take that over literally anything on this list.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:07 PM   #215
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

In defense of Hawaiian pizza, or at least pineapple on pizza, I think I should mention Spiros' Anna's Island pizza, which is chicken, pineapple and spicy tomato sauce... It's excellent and the depth of flavour added by having the spicy sauce is just what the traditional Hawaiian is missing.

That said, my kids find it too spicy so they don't eat it and, if pressed, there are other pizzas that I'd rather order, so we rarely get it... But it's still really good when we do
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #216
delayedreflex
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
In defense of Hawaiian pizza, or at least pineapple on pizza, I think I should mention Spiros' Anna's Island pizza, which is chicken, pineapple and spicy tomato sauce... It's excellent and the depth of flavour added by having the spicy sauce is just what the traditional Hawaiian is missing.

That said, my kids find it too spicy so they don't eat it and, if pressed, there are other pizzas that I'd rather order, so we rarely get it... But it's still really good when we do
Yeah I find Hawaiian pizza just OK by itself (as opposed to the many here who either love or hate it), but I think it's one of the ones most improved by hot sauce (I like sriracha the best on Hawaiian pizza, but any hot sauce gives a big improvement). Vegetarian, beef&mushroom and donair pizzas are the only other types that I feel like need hot sauce to reach their full potential - anything with pepperoni on it doesn't really need hot sauce IMO.
delayedreflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #217
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing we can all agree on is that adding extra cheese to any pizza makes it better, right?! Nothing crazy, just basically two servings of mozzarella.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #218
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
One thing we can all agree on is that adding extra cheese to any pizza makes it better, right?! Nothing crazy, just basically two servings of mozzarella.
Especially "bare" pizza. Extra cheese would actually make it pizza.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:34 PM   #219
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob View Post
excellent place with two thumbs up beer list
Yes, agreed solid beer selection.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #220
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:

Pepperoni
Hawaiian

Yeah, I can’t remember seeing Hawaiian left over.

Some people saying only ordering a small Hawaiian? I’m not sure any of those people have had pizza at a gathering. Hawaiian should probably be the first candidate to have an extra pizza if the quantities of total pizzas outnumber the total number of flavours being ordered.