Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #1501
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I mean I've heard this from people quite a bit, but I'm asking if there's any evidence or hard science to back it up or if it's all just anecdotal.
Oh, it’s 100% anecdotal:

Scientists say most marijuana strains act basically the same

It’s similar to wine in that most studies suggest you’ll experience what you’re told you’ll experience, while almost all ability to discern between two varieties is due to a placebo-type effect.

Different strains smell different, and some science suggests the amount of CBD can make you more or less “high,” but that’s basically the extent of it. Much of the differentiation between strains is a marketing ploy.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #1502
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The only difference between sativa and indica is plant size and leaf size. As far as effects go, strains have been cross-bred so much over the years that similar effects can be felt in both classes.
The real way to figure out effects is the terpene profile. Terpenes are molecules that give off taste and smell. They are found in any kind of plant/fruit/vegetable that exists. There are many different terpenes in cannabis and depending on the terpenes in your bud, the effect will vary accordingly. With legalized weed it's become way easier to effectively record and analyze terpene profiles. Smell and taste definitely play a part because like wine or cheese, you can notice different notes of other foods because they share similar terpene makeups as the cannabis.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #1503
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Indica or Sativa effects (body vs head high) can also be controlled through different times of harvest, earlier harvest will give the more Sativa effects as thc is at it's peak. Later the thc starts to break down and convert to cbn which gives the more narcotic "couch lock" Indica effects.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #1504
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well some good news coming out this morning, the Alberta government plans to allow private retail stores for Cannabis.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...4-9c2935fe497d
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top Shelf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #1505
Tacopuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Well some good news coming out this morning, the Alberta government plans to allow private retail stores for Cannabis.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/politi...4-9c2935fe497d
Wow colour me surprised the NDP did something right.... Still not voting for them
Old 11-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #1506
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacopuck View Post
Wow colour me surprised the NDP did something right.... Still not voting for them
But government sales for online. Weak
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #1507
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
But government sales for online. Weak
Takes the liability of selling online to underage people away from the private stores. I would imagine its easier to fake your way to online sales than in person. I don't really see an issue with it, they can still have dial a cannabis, no waiting for postal delivery.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:14 AM   #1508
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wouldn't use it. The only people who will are seniors who are home bound. I'm already hearing from dealers they are planning on lowering their prices so the government better take that into account if they want to get market share.

I will be growing my own 4 plants and buying here and there to try out different flavours. Nice to see they removed the height restriction.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #1509
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I already have a delivery service. as long as they aren't put out of business, I'm happy.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #1510
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Government sales online kinda make sense for rural communities as well in terms of not having to have a store but still giving their residents a way to purchase.

The store option is nice. I've visited stores in Colorado and Washington and it's definitely an enjoyable experience as far as finding out about new products, strains etc. I think it will really make a difference in 2019 when edibles and concentrates come to the legal market as there are many products in those categories where casual consumers just won't have the product knowledge. Being able to talk to knowledgeable staff will make a difference for sure.

Last edited by Kiran403; 11-10-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #1511
CampbellsTransgressions
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Being able to grow my own plants effectively makes it economical for me to buy a house instead of rent. Definitely looking forward.
CampbellsTransgressions is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CampbellsTransgressions For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #1512
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC- View Post
I already have a delivery service. as long as they aren't put out of business, I'm happy.
Prices will go down and service up!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #1513
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm already hearing from dealers they are planning on lowering their prices so the government better take that into account if they want to get market share.
There might be the odd person who still goes to a dealer if they're friends with one but it's not going to be a lucrative business for them anymore. Even the "medical" weed stores that have popped up here have severely dented the black market. I have a bunch of friends who smoke pot and every single one of them has switched to buying from a store pretty much exclusively.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #1514
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
There might be the odd person who still goes to a dealer if they're friends with one but it's not going to be a lucrative business for them anymore. Even the "medical" weed stores that have popped up here have severely dented the black market. I have a bunch of friends who smoke pot and every single one of them has switched to buying from a store pretty much exclusively.
The government is going to stomp out the illicit market one way or another, and they will have private businesses backing them to do so. I’ve heard this a number of times that dealers will adapt to compete and I just can’t see it. It’s not as if you see a lot of bootleggers going around selling beers for cheaper than the regulated industry.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #1515
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
The government is going to stomp out the illicit market one way or another, and they will have private businesses backing them to do so. I’ve heard this a number of times that dealers will adapt to compete and I just can’t see it. It’s not as if you see a lot of bootleggers going around selling beers for cheaper than the regulated industry.
Thats not what I learned from the hit television show 'Moonshiners.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #1516
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm positive I could get cheaper weed on the streets of Vancouver than at a store. But why would anyone do that?

Get a name of a friend of a friend. Friend has to call dealer first to confirm. Meet in some inconspicuous place and purchase an unknown bag of weed.

Or pay $2 more per gram and walk to the store, show my ID, have a choice of dozens of strains and get advice on what to get depending on how I want to feel.

Who is making choice #1?
Old 11-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #1517
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellsTransgressions View Post
Being able to grow my own plants effectively makes it economical for me to buy a house instead of rent. Definitely looking forward.
Lol what? How much weed do you smoke!?
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckedoff For This Useful Post:
V
Old 11-10-2017, 01:00 PM   #1518
Poster
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn't use it. The only people who will are seniors who are home bound. I'm already hearing from dealers they are planning on lowering their prices so the government better take that into account if they want to get market share.

I will be growing my own 4 plants and buying here and there to try out different flavours. Nice to see they removed the height restriction.
i am PRO legalization.

Your continued support of the illegal supply chain is what keeps criminals in business. i hope you are proud of your cheap dope, just keep your head in the sand of all the damage organized crime is doing to our families.

no problem with growing your own but please reconsider the true cost of doing business with drug dealers.
Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #1519
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
i am PRO legalization.

Your continued support of the illegal supply chain is what keeps criminals in business. i hope you are proud of your cheap dope, just keep your head in the sand of all the damage organized crime is doing to our families.

no problem with growing your own but please reconsider the true cost of doing business with drug dealers.
^^^
What he said! LOSER!

Who even buys from drug dealers anymore? too funny
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #1520
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
i am PRO legalization.

Mine doesn't come from the Hells angels or F.OB gang.

Personally I am building a heated greenhouse with a lock and will be growing it. I don't trust getting it from the government.

Tags
better than crack , bureaucracy , duuuuuude , funions , gateway , high drivers