Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #501
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Johnny is best left to just play, and not have to be the voice of the team.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:48 AM   #502
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
Also will get a lot of flack for this but so be it. Gaudreau is usually missing when team goes does something for the community like visiting the kids in hospital and similar events. You don't get a letter for being a good player.
This is flat out wrong, you will get flack because you made it up

Hating on the team for everything they so is one thing but this is too far. I have personally seen him at multiple events like others have posted about too.

Don't forget he has a beach house in NJ and isn't here year round.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #503
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
This is flat out wrong, you will get flack because you made it up

Hating on the team for everything they so is one thing but this is too far. I have personally seen him at multiple events like others have posted about too.

Don't forget he has a beach house in NJ and isn't here year round.
Many/most players aren't here all year round. They all go home or to summer homes.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #504
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Many/most players aren't here all year round. They all go home or to summer homes.
Yeah I know

I also know for a fact Gaudreau does a ton of charity work...it was a ridiculously misinformed post by a poster who is always negative. This isn't complaining about a game though, false personal attacks are too much I had to say something.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #505
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Also will get a lot of flack for this but so be it. Gaudreau is usually missing when team goes does something for the community like visiting the kids in hospital and similar events. You don't get a letter for being a good player.

I hear nurses at children’s hospitals really dig guys who hate kids.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #506
Iginla
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

As if Johnny would miss a chance at being the tallest guy in the room....

Seriously though, hopefully people that post this kind of unsubstantiated nonsense get a paddlin'
Iginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:29 AM   #507
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Garbage take. Wonder why players don't like playing in a Canadian market? Be better.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Burning Beard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #508
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Yeah I know

I also know for a fact Gaudreau does a ton of charity work...it was a ridiculously misinformed post by a previously banned poster who is always negative. This isn't complaining about a game though, false personal attacks are too much I had to say something.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #509
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

wrong thread
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #510
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Beard View Post
Garbage take. Wonder why players don't like playing in a Canadian market? Be better.
I wouldn't blame the entire market for one stupid statement. People like that are everywhere.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #511
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

At least he acknowledged he would get flak for it. We'd be so lucky to have all the dumb dumbs with awful bad takes have even a fraction of that awareness.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:56 PM   #512
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
At least he acknowledged he would get flak for it. We'd be so lucky to have all the dumb dumbs with awful bad takes have even a fraction of that awareness.
Yeah but he was also asked to back it up.......crickets.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #513
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
except it is a lie and a personal attack

dumb takes about hockey are one thing

lying about a players character?
Old 10-20-2021, 01:59 PM   #514
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Some haven't been paying attention. Yes he does go to team mandated events like the wheelchair hockey game with kids but look at other events that some players went to by themselves like the Halloween visit to hospital and other events not team mandated that were done by players. Gaudreau doesn't show up. He doesn't do much for the community that is a fact. If you can show he does, then do it.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #515
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Some haven't been paying attention. Yes he does go to team mandated events like the wheelchair hockey game with kids but look at other events that some players went to by themselves like the Halloween visit to hospital and other events not team mandated that were done by players. Gaudreau doesn't show up. He doesn't do much for the community that is a fact. If you can show he does, then do it.
Ah the old double down. With added bonus of you prove that he does because I can't prove that he doesn't.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Burning Beard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #516
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey Eric, beat it.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Madman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 02:16 PM   #517
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nope you don’t get to flip the script. You made the allegation you need to prove your point not tell others to prove he is active in the community. You state this as a fact yet you literally have no credibility here so if your goal is to basically shred that then mission accomplished.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #518
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I did not expect a double down.

Speaking of, I think it (the KFC sandwich) gets a bad rap. Skipthedishes keeps advertising it to me. 640 calories. it's just 2 pieces of fried chicken with a slice of cheese and bacon. It's also technically, a keto item. not a great keto item but it would fit into a low carb diet. for fast food you can do worse. thoughts?
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #519
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Nope you don’t get to flip the script. You made the allegation you need to prove your point not tell others to prove he is active in the community. You state this as a fact yet you literally have no credibility here so if your goal is to basically shred that then mission accomplished.
Yeah, you’d have to show there was (a) an event that (b) a bunch of Flames showed at but not JG and that (c) he was able to attend but chose not to.

And even then, more than one would be necessary.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:23 PM   #520
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It has been shown multiple times through the media throughout his career here. Instead of admitting you were absolutely wrong and owning up to it you double down instead on attacking a players character that we all know does a bunch for kids and people in the community. Just stop, enough already.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post: