Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2021, 11:41 PM   #41
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Those who can read do

Summary:

The same thing will happen without a fine in the NHL multiple times this season (throwing a few punches in a scrum after a guy bumps the goalie)

HNIC/Twitter firestrom caused the league to act. because they are idiots

I mention the Panthers because something similar happened in a Panthers/Lightning preseason game (I assumed the biggest Bennett fan watched it) and there were exactly zero fines.

Got it? this is not the new standard for a fine...I will be proven right again and again this season
Always so sour puss. why so bent out of shape over a 5k fine?
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:44 PM   #42
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Always so sour puss
Personal attack is always a trait of someone with a solid argument to debate

I said the $5000 fine isn't a big deal

you can't even tell me exactly what it was for though so its obviously not a good fine by DOPS and similar will go by without so much as a whisper about a fine or suspension

HNIC nonsense and the opponent contributed IMO

Last edited by dino7c; 10-17-2021 at 11:53 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:00 AM   #43
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Personal attack is always a trait of someone with a solid argument to debate

I said the $5000 fine isn't a big deal

you can't even tell me exactly what it was for though so its obviously not a good fine by DOPS and similar will go by without so much as a whisper about a fine or suspension

HNIC nonsense and the opponent contributed IMO
I think you threw the first little jab with 'those that can read' Dont dish it if you cant take it.

I completely agree this may happen without a fine another time somewhere esle. Doesnt mean that sequence is "nothing out of the ordinary".

Either way whatever, little fine, move on and kick some butt tomorrow.

Last edited by Samonadreau; 10-18-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 12:06 AM   #44
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Although the Flames lost, there is a case that Rasmus got good value for the dollar
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:20 AM   #45
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Those who can read do

Summary:

The same thing will happen without a fine in the NHL multiple times this season (throwing a few punches in a scrum after a guy bumps the goalie)

HNIC/Twitter firestrom caused the league to act. because they are idiots

I mention the Panthers because something similar happened in a Panthers/Lightning preseason game (I assumed the biggest Bennett fan watched it) and there were exactly zero fines.

Got it? this is not the new standard for a fine...I will be proven right again and again this season
Two Oilers have been suspended in recent memory for fighting a guy that didn't drop the gloves. I feel like Andersson would have too if he had landed any of his punches.

Heck, Lucic got suspended for a gloved punch didn't he? He also got fined in Edmonton for knocking a guy down and roughing him up a bit when he was on the ice.

I feel like this is the new standard.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:27 AM   #46
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Two Oilers have been suspended in recent memory for fighting a guy that didn't drop the gloves. I feel like Andersson would have too if he had landed any of his punches.

Heck, Lucic got suspended for a gloved punch didn't he? He also got fined in Edmonton for knocking a guy down and roughing him up a bit when he was on the ice.

I feel like this is the new standard.
lol you better not be talking about Kassian as if it was the same
Old 10-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #47
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think a fine is just enough to shut people up about it. Sportsnet should pay the fine
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 07:37 AM   #48
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Stupid Bieksa, "There is no head butting in hockey!"

You're right, he didnt headbutt. It was annoying sitting through that when a simple close watch of the replay showed it was a gloved punch.

My girlfriend who doesnt watch hockey called it better than good ol Kevin Bieksa.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 08:12 AM   #49
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Always so sour puss. why so bent out of shape over a 5k fine?
He isn’t bent out of shape about the fine. He is bent out of shape by the fact that the HNIC panel, Friedman and Oiler booster Ron Maclean in particular, seem to have this fascination with scouting the Flames play looking for suspendable offences. Yet it seems to only be Flames players that they do this with. Never any mention of what dirty crap the Flames opponents pull off like the Kassian hit on Monahan.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:36 AM   #50
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

He threw ungloved punches at someone who wasn't willing to fight, a fine is justified. And as someone else said, good value for the money to tell players to leave Markstrom alone.

Regarding the panel, there is no point watching it when the Flames play the Oilers. It won't be about the game or any form of analysis, it's about pumping the narrative.

To that point Bieksa was absolutely embarrassed by Ferland in the playoffs. You aren't getting unbiased analysis from him about the Flames, ever.
Infinit47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #51
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinit47 View Post
He threw ungloved punches at someone who wasn't willing to fight, a fine is justified. And as someone else said, good value for the money to tell players to leave Markstrom alone.

Regarding the panel, there is no point watching it when the Flames play the Oilers. It won't be about the game or any form of analysis, it's about pumping the narrative.

To that point Bieksa was absolutely embarrassed by Ferland in the playoffs. You aren't getting unbiased analysis from him about the Flames, ever.
Guy threw the first punch

I agree on Bieksa
Old 10-18-2021, 11:46 AM   #52
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
He isn’t bent out of shape about the fine. He is bent out of shape by the fact that the HNIC panel, Friedman and Oiler booster Ron Maclean in particular, seem to have this fascination with scouting the Flames play looking for suspendable offences. Yet it seems to only be Flames players that they do this with. Never any mention of what dirty crap the Flames opponents pull off like the Kassian hit on Monahan.
This X1000

thank you
Old 10-18-2021, 11:55 AM   #53
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
I'm pretty tired of watching regional oiler homer broadcasts guised as national games when the Flames and Oilers play.

You know its bad when I'm muting or turning off the battle of Alberta altogether to do work instead.

They need to get over their infatuation with the No Goods cause they won't win anything any time soon. And they're glorifying and worshipping two entitled pricks who routinely whine in front of the cameras like the league owes them something. If you had your head on straight you wouldn't always look the other way or agree with that type of behavior like they can do no wrong.

Same guys that didn't travel for Oilers camp while the rest of the team did cause they're royalty. Same guy (Connor) who laughs and mocks his defense from the bench and barks at guys for not getting off the ice. Same guys that gathered at Christmas time during covid lockdown while everybody else was skyping with their families making the sacrifice to be responsible.

These are the characters they're glorifying as if they're stand up role models.

Looks bad on sportsnet.

Last edited by djsFlames; 10-18-2021 at 12:08 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 12:04 PM   #54
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elliott Friedman wants a 'mcdavid' rule. Dat panel though.. really engaging.. Bieksa talking about off-camera trash to Friedman to solidify the group.. seems they're a complete joke at this point
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #55
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don’t watch the intermissions, but I thought the play by play was surprisingly even as far as coverage. They talked a lot about Mangiapane. McDavid is the only guy from Edmonton who ever poses a threat of course your going to here his name a lot.