Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2022, 07:36 PM   #721
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

They’ve only released six minutes and it’s a 90 minute interview?! Wow, this is going to be something.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #722
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
They’ve only released six minutes and it’s a 90 minute interview?! Wow, this is going to be something.
Yeah and it doesnt appear that Mr. Ronaldo is in the mood to be particularly diplomatic.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #723
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dang, doesn't come out for a few days.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #724
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

So hes upset that they wanted him to leave in the summer? Didnt he publicly ask for that?

Talking about ETH not showing him respect...

Well you said you wanted to leave, you left a game early after being subbed off, and you refused to be subbed on in another

Wonder why he doesnt?
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:48 PM   #725
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sure the portugese boys are happy he brought up this distraction a week before the world cup starts
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2022, 08:52 PM   #726
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
So hes upset that they wanted him to leave in the summer? Didnt he publicly ask for that?

Talking about ETH not showing him respect...

Well you said you wanted to leave, you left a game early after being subbed off, and you refused to be subbed on in another

Wonder why he doesnt?
I dont know what Ronaldo wanted. Seriously.

He wanted to leave...cool. Nobody was willing to pay United a transfer fee. I thought at one point United said they'd allow him to leave for free...he didnt lower his wage demands though.

So you could get Ronaldo for 'free' but his wages are ~£500k/week. Who can afford that for a 37 year old? What team wants to fire a cannonball through their wage bill and team structure for this?

Frankly, United should be praying that he leaves just to free up the cash from his wages! But nobody wants him.

He ain't exactly 'squeaky clean' in all of this either, but theres no way you can convince him of that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-13-2022, 09:42 PM   #727
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont know what Ronaldo wanted. Seriously.

He wanted to leave...cool. Nobody was willing to pay United a transfer fee. I thought at one point United said they'd allow him to leave for free...he didnt lower his wage demands though.

So you could get Ronaldo for 'free' but his wages are ~£500k/week. Who can afford that for a 37 year old? What team wants to fire a cannonball through their wage bill and team structure for this?

Frankly, United should be praying that he leaves just to free up the cash from his wages! But nobody wants him.

He ain't exactly 'squeaky clean' in all of this either, but theres no way you can convince him of that.
Allegedly, Tuchel had a conversation with Rangnick and after that he didn’t want to sign him at Chelsea. That wasn’t about the money, it was about the attitude and that kind of thing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 12:40 AM   #728
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Morgan and Ronaldo, together in discussion. A black hole of bull####.
Barnet Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 03:50 AM   #729
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
probably not even his worst 90 minutes this season
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2022, 05:06 AM   #730
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see he's taking his decline very well. Off to MLS or the Saudi league to dominate those leagues as an "I told you so".
Old 11-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #731
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

His ego is out of control.
First with the childish I'm going to say hello to you but not to you because you criticized me to the pundits pregame in front of the cameras.

Now with this. Hope ETH brings the hammer down hard on him and let him rot. Maximum fine. Sit him on the bench indefinitely bringing him on only for games that are out of reach.

Bagor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:11 AM   #732
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
His ego is out of control.
First with the childish I'm going to say hello to you but not to you because you criticized me to the pundits pregame in front of the cameras.

Now with this. Hope ETH brings the hammer down hard on him and let him rot. Maximum fine. Sit him on the bench indefinitely bringing him on only for games that are out of reach.
I'm sure he'll go in January now so only a couple games they need to sit him and his next stop will likely already be arranged.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:24 AM   #733
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly it was obvious it would come to this with the way the offseason / season played out.

I think both sides are to share the blame here, as I don't think either side has handled this that well.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:42 AM   #734
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can sometimes understand youthful hubris and sense of entitlement - Ronaldo however, always tested even the most forgiving. He was not the first and won’t be the last young footballer to have an out of control ego.

He is 37 now and has shown no sign he is ever going to grow up. It is clear now, he never will. He is an exceptional talent - and boy is he ever lucky he had that talent, because if he was just very good, he’d have been put on the scrap heap in his early twenties.

A horrible person with no redeeming features.
Barnet Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #735
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently he's being fined $1million by the club.
This entertainment is just beginning
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:58 AM   #736
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

You have to admit it is high entertainment though!

Old 11-14-2022, 01:56 PM   #737
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so many inconsistencies just from the few bits that have been released. He says the club wants to force him out, yet it was his agent who aggressively shopped him around Europe all summer. Says the club kind of didn't believe him when he said his daughter was sick, yet the club gave him the whole preseason off without a fuss.

United are smart to wait until the whole thing airs, but given how he's dragging the club through the mud, I wonder which kind of legal possibilities there are.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #738
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
so many inconsistencies just from the few bits that have been released. He says the club wants to force him out, yet it was his agent who aggressively shopped him around Europe all summer. Says the club kind of didn't believe him when he said his daughter was sick, yet the club gave him the whole preseason off without a fuss.

United are smart to wait until the whole thing airs, but given how he's dragging the club through the mud, I wonder which kind of legal possibilities there are.
Realistically, I believe that the club want to force him out. That is an allegation of his that I completely buy.

He and ETH clearly dont get along, he essentially torpedoed whatever Ole was trying to do, even if he and ETH got along he clearly doesnt fit what the manager is trying to do aaaaand.....he makes £500k/week.

Hell, I'd be trying to shove him out the door too! It just makes sense to try and shed an expensive and seemingly useless distraction.

Further, almost nobody at United now were the people who were there during Ronaldo's Glory days.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:13 PM   #739
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well what came first, the chicken or the egg? I don't think ten Hag and the club wanted him out from the get-go, but I can see how that becomes a thing once a player tries to force his way out all summer, walks out before the game ends, refuses to come on and creates unnecessary drama for fun. On top of, you know, scoring a single goal all season.

and to ten Hags credit, he's gone above and beyond in his efforts to try to make this work. He certainly did a lot more to appease the manchild than I ever wanted him to ... he gave him the armband only a week ago, ffs. I'm sure he'd love to see the back of Ronaldo and maybe even did months ago, but he's always tried to be pragmatic and make this a functioning relationship.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:19 PM   #740
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
well what came first, the chicken or the egg? I don't think ten Hag and the club wanted him out from the get-go, but I can see how that becomes a thing once a player tries to force his way out all summer, walks out before the game ends, refuses to come on and creates unnecessary drama for fun. On top of, you know, scoring a single goal all season.

and to ten Hags credit, he's gone above and beyond in his efforts to try to make this work. He certainly did a lot more to appease the manchild than I ever wanted him to ... he gave him the armband only a week ago, ffs. I'm sure he'd love to see the back of Ronaldo and maybe even did months ago, but he's always tried to be pragmatic and make this a functioning relationship.
Yes, but Ronaldo is playing Solitaire with a deck of 51.