Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2022, 01:17 PM   #1461
jjgallow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Fun fact, since this trade, the Flames are tied for 5th overall for the most points in the NHL, only 2 points back of 3rd.
No need to stoop to Edmonton's level

https://twitter.com/tavmarnythews/st...56389278547968
jjgallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 01:20 PM   #1462
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgallow View Post
What I have learned from my limited time on this highly, highly controlled forum is that if you defend yourself in any way against specifically @PepsiFree's insults, you will in fact disappear for 4 months because they have you blocked for that amount of time.

I have never actually seen any user break so many forum rules with regards to insults and childish behaviour as PepsiFree, but I guess when you have the ability to block anyone who stands up to you, you can do what you want. If you have no standards, of course.

Yeah so I read it wrong, https://www.nhl.com/news/calgary-fal...ns/c-330795002

Just a quick glance at the 2023 part.

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response to that mistake.

Please don't consider the reallity that we are near basement dwellers since this trade. Which was the point of the message. I guess we're all really happy with the performance thus far.

I was never about saying that Toffoli would hurt us, my entire point on this thread has always been that he will never get us anywhere because he isn't enough, and he doesn't address our core needs on defense and net.

A whole bunch of people on here disagreed. Felt defense and net wasn't important. I'm not going to call them wrong. I don't have to. Maybe they just don't care which team wins, it's all perspective.

So even though all of those people who supported this trade are now looking up from the basement of the standings, they are all going to defend this trade to the end. Which, by the way, will be before the start of the playoffs.

Who needs first round picks when your fans are super happy with a losing team?

If I disapear from here for for months again, it will be for one reason and one reason only, @Pepsifree read this, got his feeling hurt again (despite being the agressor), and did something about it (again).
Thanked for entertainment.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #1463
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #1464
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
If I don't get blocked after replying to you now, it'll be a first. Only happens with you.
Seems like you posted from this account for more than an month after the last time we interacted. So which other account did I get blocked?

I’ve certainly never reported this account. Why would I? Entertainment value is too high.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 01:27 PM   #1465
jjgallow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Seems like you posted from this account for more than an month after the last time we interacted. So which other account did I get blocked?

I’ve certainly never reported this account. Why would I? Entertainment value is too high.
Every time I defend myself against you (you still seem to be on the attack despite the team totally floundering after losing its first round picks)..... I get a message from moderator saying I'm being too mean. I have to assume it's you or someone you know lol. Still pretty convinced you're more sensitive than you're letting on here.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:31 PM   #1466
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 01:33 PM   #1467
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Every time I defend myself against you (you still seem to be on the attack despite the team totally floundering after losing its first round picks)..... I get a message from moderator saying I'm being too mean. I have to assume it's you or someone you know lol. Still pretty convinced you're more sensitive than you're letting on here.
Hun, I get DMs calling me trash and people saying things like I was an abused child in the off-topic forum. Trust me, no matter what hockey opinion you have nor how strongly I disagree with it, I’m not reporting you for it lol.

There is no attack. You bumped a thread and took an L, it’s funny. Multiple paragraphs ranting about defence and goaltending aren’t going to change the fact that your opinion about Toffoli was a miss. If those draft picks are so important, why couldn’t you even remember which pick it was?
Old 12-12-2022, 01:42 PM   #1468
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can recommend a good therapist if you guys need it. Conflict resolution and all that good stuff.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 01:50 PM   #1469
joejoe3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Heroes such as BoLevi, keenan87 and jjgallow made their ultimate sacrifices here, so y'all can think twice before bumping old threads on CP again.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:58 PM   #1470
jjgallow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Hun, I get DMs calling me trash and people saying things like I was an abused child in the off-topic forum.
I'm truly shocked

Quote:
Trust me, no matter what hockey opinion you have nor how strongly I disagree with it, I’m not reporting you for it lol.
Not buying it. But even if it's true, the reality is you are allowed to use any insult on here you want and if people defend themselves in any way they are blocked. Specifically with you. Not cool.

Quote:
There is no attack.

Yes there is and you know it lol. Which would be totally fine if I didn't have to tip-toe around it just to stay on the forum. I'm not asking for truth social here lol. Somebody is just super afraid of counter-opinions.

Quote:
You bumped a thread and took an L, it’s funny.
If taking L's is funny to you then this whole Flames season you must find just hilarious.
Just like you found it hilarious when I said a 30-something RW would not solve our defense and goaltending needs and thus was not worth sacrificing our future for.

Quote:
Multiple paragraphs ranting about defence and goaltending aren’t going to change the fact that your opinion about Toffoli was a miss. If those draft picks are so important, why couldn’t you even remember which pick it was?[
Because I have a life.

Sorry but it wasn't just multiple paragraphs, it was my entire contribution to the thread. At no point did I say "we don't need a RW". My entire arguement was that he can't make the team better, can't bring us playoff success because:

1. He doesn't address our highest needs
2. Old, won't be around long enough to be here when he does

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...postcount=1144

Have a look, this was all about the following logic:

1. When should you give up first rounders?
Answer: When you think they can increase your cup chances. Otherwise, better to keep your future.

2. Does Toffoli increase our cup chances?
Answer: No, before the trade, definitely no.

Now: Even more definitely no, in all ways absolutely not.

Last edited by jjgallow; 12-12-2022 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:03 PM   #1471
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Because I have a life.
You spent more time digging up this thread than it would’ve taken you to look up the draft pick and answer your own question lol.

L
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 02:08 PM   #1472
jjgallow
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
You spent more time digging up this thread than it would’ve taken you to look up the draft pick and answer your own question lol.

L
sure yes, our time spent on here is the same
Old 12-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #1473
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Wait, the 1st isn't in 2023?

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 02:18 PM   #1474
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
Wait, the 1st isn't in 2023?
You’re not going to believe this: the pick will not, in fact, be used to draft Bedard.

Old 12-12-2022, 03:06 PM   #1475
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You’re not going to believe this: the pick will not, in fact, be used to draft Bedard.

Don't be so sure. Montreal could include Mesar in a trade for the 2023 #1 pick.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 03:07 PM   #1476
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Toffoli has been playing great this season.

Regardless, I'm in the minority and I didn't like that trade then, still don't like it now.

Not because of getting Toffoli but more so the amount we gave to get him.
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genetic_phreek For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 03:14 PM   #1477
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't even think we gave up that much. Late 1st and a B prospect basically, as Pitlick was a throw-in who didn't do much of anything in Calgary. And a 5th, like, whatever. Toffolis contract is pretty sweet too. There's teams who give up these kinds of packages at every deadline for rentals ... e.g. Florida traded a 1st, a 4th and a 3rd round prospect (Ty Smilanic) for 20 games of Ben Chiarot. In comparison, getting Toffoli for $4.25m for 2.5 years seems like a pretty decent deal.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 03:16 PM   #1478
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
Toffoli has been playing great this season.

Regardless, I'm in the minority and I didn't like that trade then, still don't like it now.

Not because of getting Toffoli but more so the amount we gave to get him.
That is confusing, as the pieces have decreased in value since we made the trade. At time of trade, I could see someone thinking we gave up too much. 1st +2nd that we just acquired as the main piece to Bennett trade. But you also can't tie those two trades together.

Filip Mesar is an undersized offensive forward that was taken with our 1st. Barely over ppg in the ohl in D+1 but good friends with Juraj. I don't think he's got huge NHL upside, personally.
Heineman only has 2 goals 0 assists in 9 games the season. Looks terrible.
Pitlick was a cap dump.
5th is yet to be seen...

If you decouple the bennett trade from this one, IMO it is still a no brainer. But the bennett trade to Florida was absolute garbage. I wanted to trade Bennett but can't justify seeing him traded for what we did. Garbage move.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 03:18 PM   #1479
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would just like to weigh in on the word gonch.

I had always assumed it was spelled gaunch.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2022, 03:19 PM   #1480
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

"I have a life" = bumps almost year old thread
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post: