Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2020, 02:53 AM   #2641
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I haven't bought anything yet. I considered getting WWE 2K20 Deluxe for $18 but according to alot of people it's still a trainwreck so I might just hold off and stick to 2K19.

Nearly all of the top 100 games based on playtime are supposed to be backwards compatible at launch.

They expect almost all ps4 games should be backwards compatible. They only said they'd tested the top 100 games so far.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:16 AM   #2642
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
They expect almost all ps4 games should be backwards compatible. They only said they'd tested the top 100 games so far.
Eventually yes, the PS5 runs too fast for some PS4 games so they have to adjust them. Most of the top 100 is what they're aiming for to atleast have ready for launch.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #2643
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Hopefully with backwards compatibility becoming commonplace developers will stop taking shortcuts with tying game speed to FPS, such a lazy way to do things
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #2644
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Art's certainly subjective but there's an acceptable window within which we know a game like LOU2 falls in terms of score (I don't know....4 to 9? 5 to 10? Hell, 1 to 8?). If someone's scoring a AAA game of that quality and production with a goose egg, they quite clearly don't have much of a leg to stand on, and either haven't played it or are slagging it for some reason external to the title itself (balancing out a review score, agenda against the developer, etc.), or both.

I thought it was great. I haven't read a single review of the game (either professional or user), and simply went along for the ride. I can see how one could gripe about the story's overall structure, but the delivery's just so rich with quality and represents a level of storytelling that you just don't get in many video games.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:34 AM   #2645
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone post this Crash 4 trailer yet? Cause damn this looks good

Between this and Tony Hawk it’s gonna be a late 90’s PS1 revival time in my house this fall.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #2646
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Anyone post this Crash 4 trailer yet? Cause damn this looks good

Between this and Tony Hawk it’s gonna be a late 90’s PS1 revival time in my house this fall.
That Tony Hawk remaster looks so good too. I really hope they nail that Tony Hawk feeling. Can't wait!
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 03:14 PM   #2647
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Didn't want to make a new thread, but since this is the video-gaming thread I thought I'll mention that a very famous TwitchTV streamer, "Reckful", committed suicide today. I wasn't a viewer, but I know that he was really successful in World of Warcraft and a big personality among gaming community. I believe he was suffering from depressing for many years. He had talked about it openly on stream too.

If any of you gamers, or anyone reading this, is having suicidal ideation or any other mental health issue, please reach out. You're not alone and its okay to seek help and talk about it. hotline: 1-833-456-4566
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanLucPicard For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 04:58 AM   #2648
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I haven't owned a console since the PS3/XB360 so it's great to see Guerrilla port this one over to PC so I can finally get a chance to play it.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlAcKNoVa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2020, 09:50 AM   #2649
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm playing A Plague Tale: Innocence on Game Pass right now and it's excellent - kind of like a lower budget Naughty Dog game in design, but still looks great and plays pretty well, and has some great characters and an interesting story. The pacing of it has been really good so far, really drives you forward and no one part has overstayed it's welcome (which I find is where TLOU2 is struggling for me right now)
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:18 AM   #2650
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That game in 1440 60+... going to be amazing.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #2651
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That game in 1440 60+... going to be amazing.
1440p 60+fps... in HDR.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:52 AM   #2652
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I'm playing A Plague Tale: Innocence on Game Pass right now and it's excellent - kind of like a lower budget Naughty Dog game in design, but still looks great and plays pretty well, and has some great characters and an interesting story. The pacing of it has been really good so far, really drives you forward and no one part has overstayed it's welcome (which I find is where TLOU2 is struggling for me right now)
That game is cool. I played it when Covid started to lock us down and it felt eerie playing it while a real-life pandemic was happening. You'll also never look at rats the same again...

I started playing Hitman 2. Such a fun game. I use a strategy guide to help me along since I'm not smart enough to figure out all the ways to kill people on my own (other then running in and shooting). Still satisfying.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #2653
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually, nvm, managed to find a help link with zero spoilers.

Last edited by Minnie; 07-06-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #2654
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for all the Horizon zero dawn tips previously. I finally made some progress. Sounds like the game does have a reputation for being difficult and they even added the easier story mode as an update.

You do need to be incredibly patient and come up with a strategy for every battle. Also I’ve found running for your life is a more than an acceptable strategy.

Overall I’m really enjoying the exploration, combat, and story. Definitely a few issues with melee, climbing, and the inventory system though. The sequel should be amazing if they fix those up.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #2655
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

As far as I'm concerned if you end up doing melee in Horizon Zero Dawn, you've ####ed up somewhere. That's a desperation move or a thing you do right at the end of a fight just to finish off the last sliver of health.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #2656
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

FYI for any Hitman fans, Hitman 2 Gold (all DLC included) is $39 on the Steam sale. A $6 voucher can apply though if you haven't already used it, so you can actually get it for $33. Pretty good deal for a game with a lot of content
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #2657
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

/ubisoft-forward-everything-you-need-to-know

Quote:
The stream kicks off at 11:00 AM PDT/7:30 PM CEST with news and content from games like Trackmania, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Just Dance 2020, The Division® 2, and more.

Stick around for the main show at 12:00 PM PDT/11:00 PM CEST for details from Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion, Hyper Scape, and a few surprises
Quote:
On the day of the conference, don't forget to login with your Ubisoft account to claim a free copy of Watch Dogs 2, plus the chance to earn additional in-game rewards.
However Ubi hasn't been free from scandal either so YMMV

Last edited by Cliche; 07-08-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #2658
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post

However Ubi hasn't been free from scandal either so YMMV
I've not kept up with Ubisoft news but enjoy their games immensely. What exactly is up with their scandal?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #2659
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've not kept up with Ubisoft news but enjoy their games immensely. What exactly is up with their scandal?

vice article on assassins-creed-valhalla-director-steps-down-amid-scandal (decided to pursue extramarital relationship)

Uplay: yet another software login service that must be loaded and accounts created for before you can play their software. Operates much the same way as Origin, Rockstar social club and blizzard launcher.

30 fps feels better for players

Jim Sterling on Ubisofts subscription is not a subscription for Trackmania

From 2012: pc gamer article on ceo saying pc-gaming-has-around-a-93-95-per-cent-piracy-rate-claims-ubisoft-ceo ergo a majority of pc gamers are thieves.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #2660
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a Canadian, I really always want to support Ubisoft. But I don't think they make appealing games. I wish they'd revive Beyond Good and Evil.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 07-09-2020 at 08:50 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote