Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-14-2021, 06:55 AM   #1
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon33 "Back" up the trade wagon, there is a Nurse on the way and he's holding a Teddy

GM Goffie remembers the 2019 CPHL playoffs quite well. The Pens were rolling along until they ran into an unstoppable force.

That unstoppable force went by the name Teddy Bluegar. Teddy torched the Pens and the Sens made short work of them. That series loss cost GM Goffie his job in Pittsburgh.

Teddy Bluegar is now a member of the Montreal Canadiens as part of a big deal with the Ottawa Senators.

Bluegar comes to the Habs along with imposing dman Darnell Nurse, a 2023 1st and a 2022 2nd. Heading back to the Sens is offensive D man John Klingberg and Nicklas Backstrom as well as a 3rd round pick.

The Habs have decided to give Nick Suzuki a chance as the #2 center and felt that we needed to add a physical all around guy to play top pairing with Chabot, so Nurse was a good fit.

Thanks to Mike for the good talks as usual and we look forward to unleashing Bluegar on the Atlantic Division.

Goffie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 07:03 AM   #2
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Sens needed a serious upgrade at center and Backstrom gives me that and a guy to pair up with Connor.

I didn't want to move Nurse because I think he's going to get a nice rating but he is an Oiler so see ya later.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flickered Flame For This Useful Post: