Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2021/22 PGA Tour Thread

4/5 Canadians made the cut this week at the AmEx.

unfortunately 3/4 are over par on Saturday.

Sloan is going well today and is in a tie for 5th. Missed a short birdie putt on 12 which didn't help.

I was lucky enough to attend this tournament last year, most of the big names were over in Dubai, but it was still pretty cool to get to walk with Phil for part of the day and Rickie for the rest.

The grandstand on 18 green is a pretty cool party if you can find a seat.

Last edited by DoubleK; 09-19-2021 at 06:54 PM.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #2
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did anyone else see Mark Hubbard’s new putting stroke?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uw0i4mvgl4
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #3
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I read an article about how Mike Weir's career has been rejuvinated on the seniors tour. Good to see.

https://progolfnow.com/2021/01/16/tr...ved-mike-weir/
Old 01-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #4
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hadwin with a tidy 66 today.

Taylor had a tough weekend. Started round 3 in the final group and just couldn't seem to get it going.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yeah that was a poor finish by Taylor, but I could see him taking a huge step forward this year.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 05:23 PM   #6
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Patrick Reed cheated again today. Prettt shady that he picked the ball up before consulting the rules official or, seemingly, any of his playing partners.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The way it seems is that while he didn't technically break any rules he was unethical about it. I watched some golf Channel stuff and Brandl Chamblee said that of all the hall of fame golfers he talked to Reed broke every unwritten ethical rule by doing it this way. Basically Patrick Reed went Patrick Reed. Hopefully he doesn't win today.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1355684638132494337

And then to essentially deflect attention like this. Bad form.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
jayswin

Exp:

The old double whammy for killing a beautiful Sunday of watching golf - A run away leader....and it's Patrick Reed.

Last edited by jayswin; 01-31-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:45 PM   #10
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

All three Canadians who made the cut were under par today. Hadwin was top Canuck with a tie for 18th.

The last time Torrey hosted the US Open, the winner of the Farmers went on to win...
Old 01-31-2021, 06:56 PM   #11
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat View Post
The way it seems is that while he didn't technically break any rules he was unethical about it. I watched some golf Channel stuff and Brandl Chamblee said that of all the hall of fame golfers he talked to Reed broke every unwritten ethical rule by doing it this way. Basically Patrick Reed went Patrick Reed. Hopefully he doesn't win today.
I believe it’s very unlikely that ball was embedded. Much more likely Reed pushed down on it before lifting it.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:57 PM   #12
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
I believe it’s very unlikely that ball was embedded. Much more likely Reed pushed down on it before lifting it.
Awful take.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:29 PM   #13
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Awful take.
Yeah Reed would never cheat.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:33 PM   #14
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm all for bringing out the pitch forks for Reed. But I really am having a hard time seeing how he did anything wrong. I can't see how Rory's was ok, but Reed was cheating. Rory's situation pretty much shows that this is how players normally handle that rule. I didn't realize that sitting in a ball mark of any kind seems to be an embedded ball. I always thought it had to be up to the equator of the ball for some reason, and apparently I could have taken a lot more drops over the years than I realized!
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:20 PM   #15
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tee times for WM Monday. Look forward to tour being out there. I will be doing some streaming and other content. Going to be a good one. pic.twitter.com/4KUx6PSIUR

https://twitter.com/acaseofthegolf1/...37542148239361

Look at the names of the players trying to Monday into the Waste Management.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:31 PM   #16
jayswin

Exp:

Pretty crazy what an afterthought Jordan Spieth has become after such a massive start to his career. Just watching old highlights where they refer to him as the young phenom that every has come out to see.
Old 01-31-2021, 09:56 PM   #17
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I'm all for bringing out the pitch forks for Reed. But I really am having a hard time seeing how he did anything wrong. I can't see how Rory's was ok, but Reed was cheating. Rory's situation pretty much shows that this is how players normally handle that rule. I didn't realize that sitting in a ball mark of any kind seems to be an embedded ball. I always thought it had to be up to the equator of the ball for some reason, and apparently I could have taken a lot more drops over the years than I realized!
It’s really all about reputation for Reed. It’s not hard not to watch the video from last year where he is clearly improving his lie, and all the allegations even from teammates from his college days, and give him the benefit of any doubt. His reputation is well earned.

Obviously he’s the only one who really knows what happened Saturday when the cameras weren’t on him.

I’ll say this, the guy is a killer on the golf course.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:16 AM   #18
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Pretty crazy what an afterthought Jordan Spieth has become after such a massive start to his career. Just watching old highlights where they refer to him as the young phenom that every has come out to see.
He was always a lightweight who hit it too short, making 20 ft putts like he did is not sustainable.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #19
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I think the problem, from an optics standpoint, is the replay shows that the ball clearly did bounce and was therefore not likely to be plugged. I get it, the issue here is not really about whether the ball was in fact plugged, but how Reed handled it. Still, I think everyone watching is a little suspicious because they have made the conclusion the ball was not plugged (because of the bounce), combined of course with Reed's history and reputation. Reed apparently was told that the ball didn't bounce, but unfortunate for him that everyone at home saw otherwise.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:27 PM   #20
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only saw a replay of Rory's ball bouncing, never saw one for Reed.

The bigger worry for me is if they get rain the week of the US Open, they will have the same problem with 6" rough.