Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #1981
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

How do you let Devante Adam's have 1 on 1 there. Bellichick would have 3 guys mauling him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #1982
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Green Bay is lucky this night isn't worse for the special teams than it's been.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:40 PM   #1983
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

10-3....i will take it.

Lots of work to do on special teams. Unacceptable to be that sloppy.

4 backups and a rookie on the Oline and still dominated for the most part. Need to get some guys back though, if they want that 1 seed.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:06 AM   #1984
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there a scenario where the entire AFC North makes the playoffs?
Old 12-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #1985
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
There is, but it would involve the AFC West teams losing pretty much every remaining game against the AFC North and some other Division results that push the AFC West so that everyone except KC ends up with a 8-9 record. Plus the Colts, Bills, and Dolphins would need to trip up a bit and all end up at 9-8 or worse.

One game short of being into the final quarter of the season there is still a fair bit to be decided.

In the NFC, if the Cards do win to go to 11-2 they're still not in the clear due to that head to head loss to Green Bay and the fact the Green Bay is in the easiest Division to win in the NFL. Tampa with a win against the Saints would clinch the South next week. Neither the North or South should feature more than one playoff team, but the NFC 7 seed is likely to be a 8-9 team. So it will be a bit of a fight between Arizona, Tampa, and Green Bay to claim 2 of the top 3 seeds. The 49'ers could upend the Rams for the right to get the easier Division winner in Dallas.

In the AFC pretty clear the New England will now win the East which is mind blowing today. The Titans will still win the South and should be healthier come playoff time than what they are today. The AFC West will be decided on Thursday as a KC win to put them at 10-4 against a 9-6 Charger team, or a 9-5 tie with the Chargers having won both games would be a big edge for the Chargers. The North, well that one is still up for grabs but does either of Cleveland or Cinci strike anyone as teams who'll step up and take it away from Baltimore? I wouldn't be suprised to see Tyler Huntley finish out 2-2 and that being enough to win that Division outright.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #1986
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Browns were the only team to win this week.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #1987
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Browns were the only team to win this week.
I wasn't implying that the scenario was likely or probable. Was looking at the standings and seeing the entire division in the hunt was wondering if it was possible that they all get in.

It's been quite the season already and there is still lots to play for.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #1988
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since we're all looking at any non-Brady/Rodgers MVP, why not Cooper Kupp? Four games left, might have a shot at 2,000 yards.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #1989
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

What horrible 3rd down call. Then stuffed on 4th. Game over

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #1990
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know Arizona is 10-3 (about to be). But that was the dumbest call I've seen all year. Even if you convert there. Your just burning clock. Kick the FG and then you have 2 time outs to get the ball back and play to tie. Just insanely stupid call there.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #1991
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Juiced kicking balls? Four onside recoveries this week.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:18 PM   #1992
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Just goofy at the end. Spike the ball and run a proper play.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #1993
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Since we're all looking at any non-Brady/Rodgers MVP, why not Cooper Kupp? Four games left, might have a shot at 2,000 yards.
if the Colts make the playoffs, it should be Jonathan Taylor.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:37 AM   #1994
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I know Arizona is 10-3 (about to be). But that was the dumbest call I've seen all year. Even if you convert there. Your just burning clock. Kick the FG and then you have 2 time outs to get the ball back and play to tie. Just insanely stupid call there.
Made even more sense when you’ve got Prater as your kicker.

Just wasn’t our game yesterday. Cards struggle when the lights are on them.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:38 AM   #1995
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The play of the game last night was the first INT the Rams made. A TD there and AZ continues to steamroll against an injury-riddled Rams. Once the Rams intercepted it, there was a MASSIVE momentum switch.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #1996
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sometimes I wonder about Murray's ultimate effectiveness due to his height. He throws a beautiful ball when the pocket is clean or he's on the run but there are throws he has to just chuck up when defenders are close because of how short he is. I think he's a guy that's going to need a really good offensive line if he's ever going to win a Super Bowl.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #1997
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arizona is such an odd home/road team this year. At home they've lost three games, should be four but the Vikings Viking'd, and they struggled against the early season 49ers. On the road they might be the first team in NFL history to win every road game by 10+, and only once was a game even within one score in the fourth.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #1998
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Sometimes I wonder about Murray's ultimate effectiveness due to his height. He throws a beautiful ball when the pocket is clean or he's on the run but there are throws he has to just chuck up when defenders are close because of how short he is. I think he's a guy that's going to need a really good offensive line if he's ever going to win a Super Bowl.
More specifically, with a shorter QB, I think you need your Center and Guards in particular to be able to hold that point of attack so if he does need to step up he has extra space to see, and be able to keep those guys from getting their hands up to bat balls down. Him being a more mobile guy edge rushers won't be attempting to run around the tackles as much since they need to keep contain.

I do think that he's starting to look a bit more beat up already though than even a year ago. Even with him being pretty adept at avoiding contact. Lamar Jackson has definitely looked a step slower the last 4 weeks too. So it does seem that this young super athlete QB's are still human and can't play the cheat code forever.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:18 AM   #1999
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
More specifically, with a shorter QB, I think you need your Center and Guards in particular to be able to hold that point of attack so if he does need to step up he has extra space to see, and be able to keep those guys from getting their hands up to bat balls down. Him being a more mobile guy edge rushers won't be attempting to run around the tackles as much since they need to keep contain.

I do think that he's starting to look a bit more beat up already though than even a year ago. Even with him being pretty adept at avoiding contact. Lamar Jackson has definitely looked a step slower the last 4 weeks too. So it does seem that this young super athlete QB's are still human and can't play the cheat code forever.
Everyone loves the scrambling QB but those guys are here for a good time, not a long time as the QB's that pay into their mid/late 30's are all pocket passers. Newton is a shadow of what he used to be before he got beat up and Jackson is sure to follow the same fate. Even Wilson is starting to show some signs of decline. The issue with Murray is that he's not a physical specimen like Newton and Jackson so you wonder how he will hold up as the years of hits accumulate.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 12-14-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #2000
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
The play of the game last night was the first INT the Rams made. A TD there and AZ continues to steamroll against an injury-riddled Rams. Once the Rams intercepted it, there was a MASSIVE momentum switch.
Maybe, although Arizona did manage to get the game tied up by the half. I think the Interception on the first second half possession was just as critical, and that one is entirely on Kyler.

I thought the Cards defence would do something impactful in the game, but the Rams played well and didn't let them. My observation of the Cards is that it's been their defence that has really let them run over teams on the road, especially in recent weeks where the offence has been pretty banged up.