Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #61
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a horrible challenge by Trestman, it's like he forgot he only got 1 challenge per game.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #62
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
So, how do you guys/gals like the "one challenge per game" so far? I like it. Who would have seen bunch of challenge flags if Trestman was successful on that PI challenge. They were a few borderline non-calls for both teams last night's game. I didn't think it was penalties but I am sure both Trestman and DD would have challenge them if it wasn't for the new rule. I thought the referees did a good job calling the game. They missed some but they are not perfect so I am okay with it.
Let's wait for the next few games though. Wally, Austin, Jones and even Campbell likes to throw those challenge flags.
I wouldn't mind it if they awarded an extra challenge if you win your first one. They just need to get rid of illegal contact as a challengable play!
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:36 AM   #63
JD
First Line Centre

Exp:

So there was a point I believe late in the 3rd quarter where the Argos were down 24 (I think) and they lined up for a FG on 3rd and 5. I couldn't believe it. They made the 3 points and proceeded to lose the game badly.

What a terrible decision and awful message to send your team at that point in the game. You need TD's and you're 3rd and 5 in the CFL? You go for it!! 3 points doesn't do anything for you or your team's confidence.

If I was an Argo's fan I'd shut it down for the season after that and say to myself, "Well, at least NFL preseason starts next week!".
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #64
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
So there was a point I believe late in the 3rd quarter where the Argos were down 24 (I think) and they lined up for a FG on 3rd and 5. I couldn't believe it. They made the 3 points and proceeded to lose the game badly.

What a terrible decision and awful message to send your team at that point in the game. You need TD's and you're 3rd and 5 in the CFL? You go for it!! 3 points doesn't do anything for you or your team's confidence.

If I was an Argo's fan I'd shut it down for the season after that and say to myself, "Well, at least NFL preseason starts next week!".
Argos fans did shut it down for the season, years ago.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:

Tags
argos , argos shmargos , next man up , quick six , stamps , wwhatever it takes!