Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2024, 01:44 PM   #301
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

I have tried personal trainers in the past. I found that my strength increased, but my weight didn't budge and inch. I became frustrated and gave up (usually stuck with it for 6 months to a year before doing so). I have tried various healthy eating plans (not a pure diet because those are based solely on calorie restrictions, and that doesn't work long term). Outside of an occasional fast food meal when I'm on the go, I don't eat any processed foods or consume any added sugar. I cut soda out years ago and I almost never eat dessert or other sweet foods (just lost my taste for it). I try to eat high fiber food, and a good amount of vegetables and beans. Whole grains for the most part. A mix of lean and fatty proteins (because some amount of fat is actually good for you, just can't eat it all the time). My bloodwork is really good except for total cholesterol that is bordering on being too high. The only thing that's a detriment is alcohol, and I'm working on actively reducing that

Sorry I don’t have time to reply to your whole post but maybe I can offer some advice on this part:

If losing weight is going to be difficult for you because of genetics / body type, maybe changing your goals will be beneficial. Let’s use jogging as an exercise example.

If previously your goal is to lose x pounds in a month by jogging and dieting but you know you’ll struggle to do that and you’ll lose focus. Why not make your goal based around, say, being able to jog for an entire kilometre without stopping? Then when you reach that say you want to keep your 1km time under say 7 minutes, then 6, then 5?

This, in my opinion, will change your focus to your health and not your weight. You can always use meds to help you too.

The jogging is just an example, maybe your goal is dead lifts, squats and bench press progress. The choice is yours but keep looking for progress.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 02:14 PM   #302
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Sorry I don’t have time to reply to your whole post but maybe I can offer some advice on this part:

If losing weight is going to be difficult for you because of genetics / body type, maybe changing your goals will be beneficial. Let’s use jogging as an exercise example.

If previously your goal is to lose x pounds in a month by jogging and dieting but you know you’ll struggle to do that and you’ll lose focus. Why not make your goal based around, say, being able to jog for an entire kilometre without stopping? Then when you reach that say you want to keep your 1km time under say 7 minutes, then 6, then 5?

This, in my opinion, will change your focus to your health and not your weight. You can always use meds to help you too.

The jogging is just an example, maybe your goal is dead lifts, squats and bench press progress. The choice is yours but keep looking for progress.
Thanks for the suggestion. I do actually make my goals performance based and not weight based. It's just not changing a lot, and I worry that I would have to take on an extreme exercise routine to see any real benefits. I don't think that would be sustainable either.

I'm gonna try one last attempt at doing it the old fashioned way first, but if it doesn't work this time, I think I have to seriously look at medication as the answer.

Feeling a bit more hopeful and rational about everything today. Thanks for the support everyone.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 02:52 PM   #303
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find that a crushing heroin addiction is excellent for weight loss.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 03:07 PM   #304
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### there has been come really good support going on in this thread through the last few pages.

It makes me happy to read.

CP can be an odd place at times, but the last few pages of this thread is a great example of why it is a good place.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM   #305
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Yeah, you dont see too many hefty heroin addicts.

I mean, thats going to come with some problems of its own of course, but then again...'Florida.'

Who is going to notice?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM   #306
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
You shoot heroin once and you get abs for life
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:30 PM   #307
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
I know friends that fell into this runt too long, and the result was either divorce or cheating. Get out of that rut, nothing good comes from it.

I am on month 6 of my personal transformation. Everyone will be different. I got a trainer, and work out 6 days a week, I do jiu jitsu which honestly I think was the best move. The positive male environment is huge. Men need men is what I discovered. Then don’t be afraid to take care of yourself. I didn’t for years, now I do.

Women aren’t afraid like men to take care of their skin, or hair. Heck I got a hair transplant and love it. I tell everyone about it, and you know what they are proud of me.

Get a full blood test too. You may need to boost your testosterone. I didn’t but lots of men do. Don’t be embarrassed to do this stuff.

I have friends who don’t do any of this, and I get clowned a bit. Who cares, I feel so much better mentally knowing I look and feel like a strong man. Its the best thing I have done.

I am happy to give anyone who needs a boost a recipe for turning it around. I have worked so hard in 6 months I am 180 from where I was. Which was a dark spot for too long
quite the Andrew Tate alpha style energy you are exuding there.
good for you.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 03:49 PM   #308
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
good for you.
Ah yes, looking and feeling strong being good for your mental health, enjoying to company of other men.

"He exudes the energy of an accused rapist".

Touch grass.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 04:49 PM   #309
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
You shoot heroin once and you get abs for life
You shoot it long enough and you also get a 9 inch ####, of course it's in your mouth but that's just a detail
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #310
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
You shoot it long enough and you also get a 9 inch ####, of course it's in your mouth but that's just a detail
LMAO...holy ####.

Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:29 PM   #311
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know where to put my number, it looks like I'm in the same boat as a few here. My relationship has come to an abrupt end. When I say abrupt, I suppose that's not true. We have been roommates, at best, for a while now. One fight was enough to finally bring things to an end. I've just rented a furnished apartment just to make things happen quickly. I'm 51 and I've never lived in an apartment. Where do you put a chainsaw and a tow sled for a snowmobile when you live in an apartment? Lol. Lots to figure out very quickly as I take position Monday and I'd like to make things happen quickly, pull off the bandaid I guess.
I am much more upset about leaving our two dogs behind than leaving the relationship. At least I think I am. I think I have too much stress and stuff to do over the next few days that I am not processing things properly. I feel like I am going to get myself settled and then have a meltdown. I hope not but we'll see. So long as I don't just drink myself to death, I guess, I'll be alright. Lol.
My current mental health number changes hourly sometimes. We'll see over the next little while. I am really trying to be optimistic and tell myself that we should have done this a long time ago, and that's probably true, but it's hard in the moment.
schteve_d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to schteve_d For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 08:49 PM   #312
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

My number is dropping as I read comments in the U.S. politics thread. It’s depressing.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 10:30 PM   #313
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back to about a 5. Still unemployed, but I’m dealing much better with the loss of my Dad. There are still days when it’s ####, but they are much less often than they were last year.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2024, 10:34 PM   #314
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Ah yes, looking and feeling strong being good for your mental health, enjoying to company of other men.

"He exudes the energy of an accused rapist".

Touch grass.
Well in all honesty if you met me the first thing you would say is I am a dead ringer for Tate.

All seriousness I am not even mildly bothered by this. I actually was like Gordon for many years. It led me to a dark place. I fell for the modern take that anything manly is wrong.

I am so happy I can be a self confident person. Feel good as who I am. Its also fairly amazing I can do that without thinking women are lesser. Crazy right?

The best part is I can now engage other men with advice and listen to their struggles. I can let them know what worked for me, may not work for them, but being a man is just as ok as a woman wanting to be feminine. Or Elliot Page wanting to be Elliot Page.

We can all do that without being an extreme, and be happy. Trust me.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 06:31 AM   #315
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
good for you.
Dude… a little self awareness on what thread you’re in would go a long way.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 06:46 AM   #316
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Dude… a little self awareness on what thread you’re in would go a long way.
I know exactly where we are.
And if his beliefs help his mental health, I mean it, good for him.

but I got the vibe from his posts that I've seen elsewhere online. Where those in that anti-woke mens culture hope to manipulate people in a vulnerable mental state, under the guise of helping. Just my opinion.

Obviously you don't get that feeling.

Old Dutch, instead of sending a PM for your recipe, are you willing to share who some of your help gurus here that inspire your journey? If nothing else, it might educate me from perhaps wrongly lumping you in with the people who are misogynistic in their guidance of regaining their manhood.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:00 AM   #317
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

but I got the vibe from his posts that I've seen elsewhere online. Where those in that anti-woke mens culture hope to manipulate people in a vulnerable mental state, under the guise of helping. Just my opinion.

Old Dutch, instead of sending a PM for your recipe, are you willing to share who some of your help gurus here that inspire your journey? If nothing else, it might educate me from perhaps wrongly lumping you in with the people who are misogynistic in their guidance of regaining their manhood.
Feeling good about yourself and exercise are well documented positives to your mental health. You don’t need to loop everyone in with some dip#### who’s also a criminal…. Like, a sex crime criminal…
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:04 AM   #318
cam_calderon
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I bet OldDutch's life is just like the film Manodrome.
Old 03-26-2024, 07:39 AM   #319
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Doubling down on a horrendous post.
Toxic
Winsor_Pilates is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2024, 08:29 AM   #320
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It's not his issue that you're lumping him in with a literal rapist because he enjoys fitness and feeling strong, it's yours. He owes you nothing.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:

Tags
cbc news 988