Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2024, 11:23 AM   #81
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSharp View Post
Let's see what Corey Perry has to say about all these!

Better hide your moms
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:35 AM   #82
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 11:35 AM   #83
Braden
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just curious to peoples opinions, what's Andersson's worth as a single draft pick? 5th OA? Higher or lower pending team? Could see teams like Buffalo and potentially Anaheim being tempted.

Is Wyatt Johnston + Stankoven for Andersson in the ball park?

The idea of a return excites me, I'm open to re-signing Tanev for a bandaid for the next couple years while prospects develop if we opted to trade Hanifin and Andersson instead
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:37 AM   #84
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Just curious to peoples opinions, what's Andersson's worth as a single draft pick? 5th OA? Higher or lower pending team? Could see teams like Buffalo and potentially Anaheim being tempted.

Is Wyatt Johnston + Stankoven for Andersson in the ball park?

The idea of a return excites me, I'm open to re-signing Tanev for a bandaid for the next couple years while prospects develop if we opted to trade Hanifin and Andersson instead
Johnston by himself would be enough.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 11:37 AM   #85
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

We’d be lucky to get Andersson for Wyatt 1 for 1 IMO let alone getting Stankoven on top of that, he looks to be breaking out this year, 4’point night last night too
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 12:38 PM   #86
Southside403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
The haul would have to be absolutely massive.

He's arguably the player with the most value on the entire team.
RHD perfect age great contract would get a haul
Southside403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:52 PM   #87
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am sure the Flames aren't shopping him, but all it takes is a really good offer to make Conroy consider it. There are zero untouchable pieces on the Flames. I really like Andersson, and it seems that I am in the minority when I say he is the Flames best option on the point for PPs (though I agree this needs to be improved upon, he is currently the best option).

I don't want him moved, but I agree with Bingo in that he is likely to be moved in the next couple of years. If there is a really good offer right now, take it and run.

The biggest single thing that the Flames have to accomplish during this rebuild is fix what ails them - a lack of TOP END TALENT. The Flames need that top talent to play on the first lines and first defence pairings. If they come out of this retool with 8 second line players and more depth, then they are no better off than they are right now.

I really like Rasmus, but he is a #2 defencemen at best, and probably a #3. Hanifin and Weegar too, and Tanev is probably a #4 now with what seems to be a slight decline.

At the end of the day, there is nobody on the roster that untouchable. Doesn't mean the Flames are actively trying to trade everyone - nor should they be - but there are no untouchables on this roster, and if a great offer is given, a great offer should be taken.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 12:57 PM   #88
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I am sure the Flames aren't shopping him, but all it takes is a really good offer to make Conroy consider it. There are zero untouchable pieces on the Flames. I really like Andersson, and it seems that I am in the minority when I say he is the Flames best option on the point for PPs (though I agree this needs to be improved upon, he is currently the best option).

I don't want him moved, but I agree with Bingo in that he is likely to be moved in the next couple of years. If there is a really good offer right now, take it and run.

The biggest single thing that the Flames have to accomplish during this rebuild is fix what ails them - a lack of TOP END TALENT. The Flames need that top talent to play on the first lines and first defence pairings. If they come out of this retool with 8 second line players and more depth, then they are no better off than they are right now.

I really like Rasmus, but he is a #2 defencemen at best, and probably a #3. Hanifin and Weegar too, and Tanev is probably a #4 now with what seems to be a slight decline.

At the end of the day, there is nobody on the roster that untouchable. Doesn't mean the Flames are actively trying to trade everyone - nor should they be - but there are no untouchables on this roster, and if a great offer is given, a great offer should be taken.
Thats really the crux of it.

I like a lot of these players and some are good pieces and you have to keep some guys around to fill out the roster and maintain a competitive atmosphere.

But if someone comes by and blows your socks off with an offer? Take it and run.

Like you said, there are guys you're not trying to ship out, but if someone offers you a King's ransom for a player? Give 'er.

Thats bargaining from a position of strength. If someone wants a player that you dont want to give up then they have to make it really worth your while. If not then you're more than happy to keep that player.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 01:03 PM   #89
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I see Raz, Weegar , Shill and Tanev as the only guys who consistently make a difference on this squad .

If we have Weegar and Shllly as the only remaining D here it gets scary fast.

But I don't think it's wise to be too sentimental anymore about any of these guys to be honest. I've done that too often in the past and seen guys move on only for us to take on better as a result.

I think Conroy has realized this pretty quick too . Yeah you like your player but if you DON'T always have an eye on what's out there, what's developing and what's in the cupboards currently you kind of cook yourself.

I'm glad that they had patience enough to wait for Kylington to return because I think he's worth it and he proved it prior too having to take that time away but he's also just upped his value too. How many players do that?
Not many in his position.

Thinking big picture Here....Conroy has to always be willing listen. This team won't go anywhere by being sentimental about or overvaluing players as much as I hate to say it its true. This is a business.

Unless a players attitude is I must play for thr Flames and am willing to take a haircut and give a substantial discount so other players can be signed here to compliment our roster....and this ain't happening....players serve thier time and purpose so don't get too attached.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:57 PM   #90
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing with Anderson is that he has no trade protection and still a couple of years left on his reasonable deal. He wouldn't be a rental and a team acquiring him might be doing it with the future in mind. For that reason, it's possible that bubble teams or even non-playoff teams could be looking at him. It opens up the possibility of getting a really good return, even potentially a relatively high 1st rounder back.

Not that I want them to trade Anderson, because I don't, but if an awesome deal was offered, you'd have to look at it.
Old 02-16-2024, 01:58 PM   #91
TenaciousC
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This is a 26 y/o 1st pair RHD that is on a 4.5M contract for 2 more years and will be representing Sweden in the Olympics.

He’s worth a top line forward no question

Wyatt Johnston or Dylan Cozens come to mind

Last edited by TenaciousC; 02-16-2024 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Adding content
TenaciousC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TenaciousC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2024, 02:53 PM   #92
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The problem with trading Rasmussen is that it’s so hard to get good defence when you really need it
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:55 PM   #93
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I understand where these inquiries come from. The stated goal is a competitive team by 2027. That means that anyone who potentially doesn't fall in that timeliness is fair game.