Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2021, 11:28 PM   #341
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm like, halfway through this Rogan Lazar thing, and I gotta say, it's pretty unconvincing. It doesn't help that super slick sales guy slides in all the time to grease it up.

A big standout was his gravitational waves claim, which is just baffling. He's claiming he predicted gravity as a wave, but that's not even true now. Gravitational waves are real, and predicted by Einstein, so I'm not sure what he is laying claim to. The base gravitational force still has no known source, unlike every other force. So claiming gravity is a wave(not a particle) is quizzical. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I assume you’re talking about Corbell?

Yeah, he’s pretty unbearable and only helps to inhibit anything else.

I don’t know what to make of Lazar, but i certainty dont think Corbell adds any legitimacy to his case.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 08:12 AM   #342
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
If it's so obvious it's should easily be provable. C'mon, counselor.
Sorry, what's provable? Aliens? I take it is proven that Fravor had an encounter as he described. I have no idea what it means, as mentioned. Given the number of witnesses, the unique training of said witnesses, the instrument tracking, the radar tracking from an AEGIS platform, I, as the judge, make a finding of fact that what Fravor says happened in fact happened. USN shares that view apparently.
Lazar sounded good, but was not helped by the greasy salesman. Also, a part of me just thinks this is a man who might simply be "crazy", orwhatever the technical term is...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #343
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm like, halfway through this Rogan Lazar thing, and I gotta say, it's pretty unconvincing. It doesn't help that super slick sales guy slides in all the time to grease it up.

A big standout was his gravitational waves claim, which is just baffling. He's claiming he predicted gravity as a wave, but that's not even true now. Gravitational waves are real, and predicted by Einstein, so I'm not sure what he is laying claim to. The base gravitational force still has no known source, unlike every other force. So claiming gravity is a wave(not a particle) is quizzical. It's almost like he doesn't know what he's talking about...
You're not rolling your eyes every time his "Migraine" flairs up right as he's getting to important details about the aliens, the devices themselves, or the scientific aspects of his story?

Another part that got me- it got me because he sounded like my dad, who god bless him is not a scientist at all- but he described the operator of the flying saucer as "driving" a few times and caught himself to switch to flying. It's a small thing, but IMO not a thing that a scientist who studied this unidentified, unexplainable flying device would slip up and say.

I can't believe anyone believes this guy.

Fravor is believable, 100% in my mind. I think he genuinely can't explain what he saw. Lazar is making it up.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #344
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Sorry, what's provable? Aliens? I take it is proven that Fravor had an encounter as he described. I have no idea what it means, as mentioned. Given the number of witnesses, the unique training of said witnesses, the instrument tracking, the radar tracking from an AEGIS platform, I, as the judge, make a finding of fact that what Fravor says happened in fact happened. USN shares that view apparently.
Lazar sounded good, but was not helped by the greasy salesman. Also, a part of me just thinks this is a man who might simply be "crazy", orwhatever the technical term is...
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but I’d like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.

I’d also like to see the radar data. What does it show?

I’m not trying to be a dick. I’ll give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #345
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 AM   #346
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Prove that his training gives him the preternatural ability to gauge the size of a completely unknown object from far away. I know fighter pilots are gifted with amazing reflexes and observational abilities, but I’d like to see details of their training that overcomes the limits of human vision.

I’m not trying to be a dick. I’ll give Fravor the benefit of the doubt that he believes in his experience, but I need more evidence to accept it as fact.
Okay, we all need that for it to be “fact”. It’s easily to most interesting and respectable claim on anything UFO related, picking stupid holes in it isn’t some big brain exercise.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #347
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think this has all been covered, particularly in the Fridman interview. Like I said, on a court room standard for evidence, I am satisfied that he saw what he said he saw. The interpretation and further possibilities is the real interesting part.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #348
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

How cities will fossilise

The grand metropolises of 21st Century civilisation will leave a geological legacy that will last for millennia, but as the author David Farrier writes, some things will endure far longer than others.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...=pocket-newtab

Quote:
As millions of years stretch into tens of millions, the transformations come more slowly. Rare earth minerals, leached from discarded mobile phones and other electronic devices, may begin to form secondary mineral crystals. Glass from windshields and shop windows will devitrify, darkening just as obsidian does after long burial. By now, the entire city is compressed to a layer perhaps only a few metres thick in the strata. All that is left of Shanghai Tower is a geological anomaly studded with the fossil outlines of chopsticks, chairs, sim cards, and hair clips.

All of this will be deeply buried, in some cases thousands of metres down. But geology never stands still. After around one hundred million years, as new mountain ranges begin to form, the layer of compacted rubble that was once Shanghai Tower may be pushed upwards, and revealed.

Last edited by troutman; 05-11-2021 at 01:00 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #349
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Fravor talks about the training and methodology they use for identifying aircraft and it wouldn't be difficult to learn more if you're really interested.

As for the radar tapes I'm sure they exist but are understandably classified. We're talking about probably the best radar system in the world, the SPY-1. Releasing that publicly would probably give potential adversaries damaging intelligence. Maybe we'll see more in the upcoming report ordered in the covid relief bill, I think its due in 2 months or so.

The guy working the radar though, Kevin Day, says in the interview I posted above that he had good radar tracking on many of these things and was also able to put eyes on one using the ships powerful binoculars, which he calls the "big eyes".

That YouTube channel has other interviews from witnesses of this specific incident too.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #350
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I know some may think it's crazy, but a couple of updates:

Some new footage was released today from the USS Omaha regarding a UAP object being tracked over water. Unfortunately the release is by Jeremy Corbell (ugh), but seems to be a significant addition to the Tic-Tac/Gimbal videos.

but it looks like it may have some tie-in to point number 2 ...

60 Minutes is doing an episode on UAP and it looks to be a fairly interesting watch. Some of the interviews include Lt. Ryan Graves who witnessed these objects during his fly-bys in the Atlantic ocean around South Carolina. Additionally, it is likely to have commentary from Lue Elizondo and Chris Mellon, both former government officials working on disclosure and fairly on the ball with the latest.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1393250354133970949

This is in advance of the Pentagon's release of the UAP Report due out in June, as was mandated in the 2020 Intelligence Authorization Act before Trump left office.

Interesting stuff. Even if you're skeptical.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 02:34 PM   #351
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The second video with the silver thing in the sky shows exactly what I saw over Calgary last summer:

Spoiler!

Sorry for the crappy picture, this was full zoom on my dslr then cropped.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 02:41 PM   #352
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Fuzz - how high up was that? And is that reflection off the sun? Also, what were its movement patterns?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:02 PM   #353
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was probably about 1500 feet. I used to fly RC planes with a gps onboard, so I have a pretty good idea of relative altitude. It was moving east to west. at a fairly good clip. Maybe 100-150 knots? About as fast as STARS goes by.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #354
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chinese tech?
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #355
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

This is another shot, not cropped. You can see some sort of thrust plume on the left? I think it may have rotated a bit at that point. It wasn't in my field of view for more than 30 seconds or so. I just happened to see it when I had my camera out taking pictures of our sunflowers from below.
Old 05-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #356
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Chinese tech?
Very good chance. Who knows what they are up too...
Old 05-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #357
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a penis.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #358
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Chinese tech?
They can’t even control a first stage booster…

0% chance.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #359
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
The second video with the silver thing in the sky shows exactly what I saw over Calgary last summer:

Sorry for the crappy picture, this was full zoom on my dslr then cropped.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here." - Mitch Hedberg
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #360
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here." - Mitch Hedberg
RIP Mitch. You were one of the best!

"Sorry for the inconvenience? An Escalator can never be broken, they can only be stairs. Sorry for the convenience!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: