Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | Realtor® & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Ultra High End Eau Claire Condo

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/06/04...uites-unveiled

- 1484-1970 sq ft
- $1M minimum to $13M penthouse
- Private Garage for 4 cars
- Private elevator access

No mention about condo fees but if I need to ask, I can't afford it.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
JMN
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Among those amenities are private garages that hold up to four cars, underground car washing facilities, private elevators to three-quarters of the suites, a fitness centre, pool, golf simulator, and a summer water garden that becomes a winter skating pond.
Those condo fees will be ridiculous.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Condo fees alone will be most people's mortgage payment.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I fine it hilarious that the building will front on the the Soviet styled ugly ass apartment building across the street from it - I think it's low income housing?. Has someone one bought that out yet?

The richest and some of the poorest, side by side.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #5
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised Calgary isn't getting more of these, considering the income levels there.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Surprised Calgary isn't getting more of these, considering the income levels there.
It is.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
I fine it hilarious that the building will front on the the Soviet styled ugly ass apartment building across the street from it - I think it's low income housing?. Has someone one bought that out yet?

That's the way it should be whenever it's possible. Districts of poor people is a good way to breed ####hole neighbourhoods.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #8
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Downtown Opulence Utopia, Concord High End Building Achieving Grandeur Status
Old 06-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #9
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is going to be an interesting experiment, I honestly don't know if Calgary has the chops to support 230 $1M+ units.

I also don't care for them touting the "Arthur Erickson Inspired" design. How about instead of that garbage they actually went and built the original single building that Erickson designed for them on this site years ago? IMO it was much better than this two tower version we know have.

They have been "lovingly" coined as Disco Stu's shoes on SSP:

Old 06-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #10
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post

I'm pretty sure that building is empty, I think the city owns it now.

Also absolutely nothing wrong with the richest and poorest side by side. Neighbourhoods should have a mix of all income levels and family types. Eau Claire right now is a shining example of what is wrong when it is all 1%'er type folks living in an area. Too quiet, they complain about anything that makes noise (Folk Fest, skateboards on the pathways, etc), commuting by car in and out of the underground parking.

The two mega-projects planned for Eau Claire, the market redevelopment and the RTKL 7 tower project in the empty parking lots east of the E&Y tower are going to go a long way to truly changing and revitalizing the area. This building asides from skyline view will have no noticeable impact in that regard.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Also absolutely nothing wrong with the richest and poorest side by side. Neighbourhoods should have a mix of all income levels and family types. Eau Claire right now is a shining example of what is wrong when it is all 1%'er type folks living in an area. Too quiet, they complain about anything that makes noise (Folk Fest, skateboards on the pathways, etc), commuting by car in and out of the underground parking.

Rich and poor should absolutely mix, but what makes this interesting is the fact that we're taking about the 0.5%'ers here, not just the "rich". Ferrari 358 toy cars gliding by people that have difficulties in scraping two fivers for a bus pass.

While we're fine with this - that 0.5%er tends to seek and demand the best. 50% of the West building will have panoramic views of this Soviet tenemant. I would expect pricing to reflect this.

You comment about the number of units to move in the $1M+ range is interesting - It'll be interesting to see how many go to overseas buyers - that market is only so large. I expect a fair number of adjoining units will be bought and merged to form "mega units" so the number of buyers needed may be less than thought.