Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-22-2020, 07:43 AM   #11761
Canadianman
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
The new Sarcee Trail/Glenmore Trail interchange RGMG's. I don't know what the final alignment will look like but traveling eastbound and westbound it really does seem that this new interchange is adding some distance to the trip. I really think and hope there is a chance to tighten up all the routes when construction is completed.
I think at least one of the overpasses is being used in reverse right now.

Still though, it's better than having a a traffic light with a 180 degree turn.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #11762
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Until the Senior's orgies start meeting up there. Ugh.
don't knock it until you've been in one.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #11763
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post

I can't BELIEVE the listings you see - like those few mentioned here already. A realtor is making 7k on the first 100k, and 3.5k after that generally. So that 500k house is a cool 21k. For what exactly? Some paperwork?
The realtor spilts that commission with the buyer’s realtor, then they have to pay a portion to their brokerage. In this market many realtors are deducting 1000 - 2000 off their side.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 09:52 AM   #11764
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
The realtor spilts that commission with the buyer’s realtor, then they have to pay a portion to their brokerage. In this market many realtors are deducting 1000 - 2000 off their side.
Not to mention a realtor does a heck of a lot more than "just some paperwork"

When I was getting a new place and selling my condo, the realtor worked hard, and was there at the drop of a hat whenever we contacted him.
He did things I couldn't or didn't want to do. I took all of his advice, including what to renovate and what renos are a waste of money. And he did take a cut in his commission.

There were three other units in my complex for sale, 2 of which had been on the market for a couple of months. The average time on the market for places in my area at the time was 89 days.

mine sold in two days.

I believe what he got paid was less than what it would have cost me to keep paying bills and the mortgage for god knows how long. Plus I didn't have to spend the time and energy on all the tasks he did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 09:53 AM   #11765
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate getting a small tear in a cuticle, especially when you then seem to catch it on everything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #11766
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone sit all the tech unsavvy people down and tell them that programs like BlueJean, GoToMeeting, WebEX etc. all have integrated voice, and I shouldn't have to manually call in to your crappy conference line separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 10:01 AM   #11767
puckedoff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Can someone sit all the tech unsavvy people down and tell them that programs like BlueJean, GoToMeeting, WebEX etc. all have integrated voice, and I shouldn't have to manually call in to your crappy conference line separately?
You can sit me down and tell me that but I haven't got the faintest idea what it means.
puckedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #11768
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Basically, some ancient suit at a company has been calling into the same 1-800 conference line since 1987, and even though they pay separately for web conferencing software (most of which offer both headset and local conferencing options) they instead opt for having to pay for said 1-800 line, and forcing people to a non-integrated space where you have no idea who is talking, no easy way to control your/others audio, and extremely long 12-digit pin codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #11769
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Basically, some ancient suit at a company has been calling into the same 1-800 conference line since 1987, and even though they pay separately for web conferencing software (most of which offer both headset and local conferencing options) they instead opt for having to pay for said 1-800 line, and forcing people to a non-integrated space where you have no idea who is talking, no easy way to control your/others audio, and extremely long 12-digit pin codes.
I work with an advisory committee at work comprised entirely of ancient suits and I feel this problem acutely right now as I try to move them all onto web conferencing (and some other tech stuff). Basically turned into me graciously asking for their resignation so I could replace them with younger people.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #11770
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
But Webex and GoToMeeting both allow for what you are talking about? You had the option of calling in or using integrated audio, both allowing for the ability to see which person was talking. It sounds like it's the users who just don't know how to use it.

Also, F integrated audio. When people used it, all it did was create echo's, faint audio, and people unable to figure out to use their mic/speakers built into their laptop. Or the worst part, crappy apps that still allowed people to have both integrated audio and dial-in active at the same time, creating a feedback loop.

I'll take the call-in number any day. Easier and better audio. It also allowed me to put the call on my cell phone and earbuds, and walk around instead of being stuck in front of the PC. Great if you work from home.

BlackArcher101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackArcher101 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #11771
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem I find is more that you can't predict who outside your own shop will be on the line or what their abilities are... the fact that there isn't one standard platform (you just listed three) is also an issue, and what each side is set up for seems to vary. If I have a conference call at 9, I don't have five minutes before 9 to try to figure out how the particular piece of software you happen to use for conferences works, and I'm pretty tech friendly. It would be a huge PITA for my 57 year old industry expert to figure that out.

It's just simpler and more predictable for everyone to dial in to a central conference line because everyone's been doing that forever, and it does the job adequately.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:46 AM   #11772
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I call in to the webex number, integrated audio is usually crap.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #11773
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Customer service gear grinder: I placed an order with Garmin for a dash cam mount and cable on December 3. Still not here. Garmin's "check order status" website is busted, so I call them. The response? They're on backorder, we have no idea when they'll arrive so you'll just have to wait because they have no information, not even a rough estimate, about when the shipment will be sent out. Could be next week, could be in April, no way to know.

That's the sort of "*shrug*, go #### yourself" customer service you expect from, say, a cable company. Not from a consumer product manufacturer and retailer. That's like a deliberate attempt to get someone to not buy your products anymore. Dumb.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 01-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #11774
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

The new Veggie meatball sandwich at Subway is twice as many calories as the turkey breast or ham sandwich. WTF?

Shocking number of calories in 'healthy' vegan sandwiches

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/sho...vegan-21237838

https://www.subway.com/en-CA/MenuNut...uCategoryId=14

Last edited by troutman; 01-22-2020 at 02:33 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #11775
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure why people thought that fake meat would be automatically good for you just because it's not made of animals. That sub is probably loaded with sodium, too.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #11776
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSutterDynasty View Post
We were almost in that boat, based on the 3-4 identical units that were sitting for MONTHS.

The difference is we had an amazing realtor.

I don't remember the stat, but if you don't sell your place in the first 2 weeks, chances are it will sit for a very long time, and the chance it sells on that listing (ie same price/pictures/etc) is actually quite low.

You never want to sell at a loss obviously, but you have to compromise on the price too. 5k may be the difference between getting an offer those first 2 weeks or not.

I can't BELIEVE the listings you see - like those few mentioned here already. A realtor is making 7k on the first 100k, and 3.5k after that generally. So that 500k house is a cool 21k. For what exactly? Some paperwork?

Ours assessed our value based on similar units in a 10 block radius, including what those sold for. He suggested we don't list it until Spring. He helped us stage the hell out of it, so it looked cozy but ZERO personal things around. There was no clutter, and we cleaned thoroughly between every showing (and never said no to any of them). He brought a professional photographer that had PERFECT lighting and made every room look huge. He then helped us negotiate.

I still think they make out like bandits, but man does a good realtor make a difference. He also didn't do open houses as he said they're more for the realtor to try and get clients.

The IDENTICAL unit two doors down, as far as I know, never did sell.

We originally had the unit for sale last August and had quite a few showings, but no offers. The realtor we had didn't seem very invested with us though and I didn't see enough effort on her part. Took it off the market in November and just put it back up after the holidays. We went with a different realtor who seems like a much better fit, gave us lots of advise and took way better pictures than the first realtor did. We also lowered the price on the unit, it's sitting at almost 20k less than 2 similar units in the same building. Got a few viewings in the first week, but nothing since then (been about 2 weeks now). I don't know what else to do, dropping the price any further will end up with us selling at a loss after all the fees are done

If nothing happens in the next couple of weeks I think we'll just take it off the market again and put it back in the spring, and hope for better luck
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #11777
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The new Veggie meatball sandwich at Subway is twice as many calories as the turkey breast or ham sandwich. WTF?
Beyond meat doesn't mean healthy. It is just a over processed replacement.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #11778
Rando
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Beyond meat doesn't mean healthy. It is just a over processed replacement.
Yup, exactly.

troutman said veggie when it's that beyond meat stuff. Overly processed, high in salt, not good for you at all.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:33 PM   #11779
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Shocking number of calories in 'healthy' vegan sandwiches
Is that really Martha Stewart in the commercial, in one shot it looks like her and another not so much?
Old 01-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #11780
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No you can’t because the voip is garbage on a lot of those services.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote